Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Just tested this with the Acekard 2i. When I follow all the instructions, it generates .cia and .nds files, no .dat file to be found. Is that normal? Also what should I do with the generated .nds files?

When I only installed the .cia files, the game hangs on a white screen.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just tested this with the Acekard 2i. When I follow all the instructions, it generates .cia and .nds files, no .dat file to be found. Is that normal? Also what should I do with the generated .nds files?

When I only installed the .cia files, the game hangs on a white screen.
The NDS file are the files from which the CIAs are generated. The option to keep them is for testing in case something went wrong and you didn't get CIA by any reason.

Only the DSTT card (and those with the same template) use the DAT, so it's only generated when using that card model. It's okay not to have a DAT file with your card.

Follow the troubleshooting in the FAQ on the OP to see why you're getting a white screen.

Generation 16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2 and dstwo 3ds sd card folders are completely empty, is this intentional? haven't tested dstwo but I can confirm a white screen with my Acekard 2i.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8
I'm sorry.
Won't build CIA file for me. So I took a video what am I doing.

Try unchecking "Keep .NDS files"? If that didn't help, check it again, and drag the generated .NDS file to build.bat.
Acekard 2(i) hangs on white screen
Does it work on the Alt build of NTR Launcher?
Acekard 2 and dstwo 3ds sd card folders are completely empty, is this intentional? haven't tested dstwo but I can confirm a white screen with my Acekard 2i.
Yes, it's intentional. Without the folders, the .ini file can't be written. As for Acekard 2i, does it work on the Alt build of NTR Launcher?

espen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@robz with Akaio (no forwarder files) it functions as normal. With the forwarder files, it boots to a black UI, but otherwise functions like normal. Games boot and all is well (tested with Pokemon Platinum.)

espen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@Kinqdra not at all. I was simply stating that the Alt launcher functions like normal with the "stock" akaio files, but that the UI is totally black if I use the patch files, but functionally the same.

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
@Kinqdra not at all. I was simply stating that the Alt launcher functions like normal with the "stock" akaio files, but that the UI is totally black if I use the patch files, but functionally the same.
Oh ok, got excited for a moment there... @Robz8 If you need any help testing some ak2i files I'll gladly help within the next few hours.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I believe NTR Forwarder uses main build of NTR Launcher as a base. Has there been any reports of flashcarts not working on alt build but work on main build? Perhaps using alt build instead could be better if compatibility isn't made worse from the switch.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe NTR Forwarder uses main build of NTR Launcher as a base. Has there been any reports of flashcarts not working on alt build but work on main build? Perhaps using alt build instead could be better if compatibility isn't made worse from the switch.
I'm going to use the Alt build for the Acekard 2(i).

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I belive the dstwo doesn't work on the alt build.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok, got excited for a moment there... @Robz8 If you need any help testing some ak2i files I'll gladly help within the next few hours.
I pushed an update to the Acekard 2(i) template. Click the button on the top-left, and click "Update templates".
I belive the dstwo doesn't work on the alt build.
I used an old version of the main bulid of NTR Launcher for the DSTWO. The new version with the improved card reset code breaks DSTWO loading.

Reactions: espen

espen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The new template worked, but the game suddenly hangs. I'll do some tests to make sure it isn't my cartridge messing up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.