Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download NUS Downloader, find dsikey.bin around the internet, and download it to the same folder as NUS Downloader.
Yeah, already got that, cheers though. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong with this. The example forwarder worked perfect, but trying to build my own for SMT Strange Journey keeps resulting in the same thing, even using a TID from the whitelist. Select the game after installing the CIA, instantly goes to black screen with the "An error has occurred. Hold down the power button blah blah blah"

I copy everything as instructed, put the TID from the whitelist at 0x230 in reverse, overwriting the DRWF that's already there. I'm basically following the video + written instructions to a T, and it turns out the same every time. Guess I'll try a few more different TID's before calling it a night.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, already got that, cheers though. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong with this. The example forwarder worked perfect, but trying to build my own for SMT Strange Journey keeps resulting in the same thing, even using a TID from the whitelist. Select the game after installing the CIA, instantly goes to black screen with the "An error has occurred. Hold down the power button blah blah blah"

I copy everything as instructed, put the TID from the whitelist at 0x230 in reverse, overwriting the DRWF that's already there. I'm basically following the video + written instructions to a T, and it turns out the same every time. Guess I'll try a few more different TID's before calling it a night.
What are the TIDs you are trying? You also put the TID in normal order at 0xC, right?

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the TIDs you are trying? You also put the TID in normal order at 0xC, right?
So far I've tried the game's own TID BMTE/ETMB and ATLE/ELTA. Got a few more I'm about to test. Not sure what else it could be at this point, since it throws that error immediately upon selecting the game icon on the home screen.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I've tried the game's own TID BMTE/ETMB and ATLE/ELTA. Got a few more I'm about to test. Not sure what else it could be at this point, since it throws that error immediately upon selecting the game icon on the home screen.
You drag and drop the forwarder .NDS into the .BAT file every time a change is made, right? ATLE/ELTA will work.

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You drag and drop the forwarder .NDS into the .BAT file every time a change is made, right? ATLE/ELTA will work.
Yep. I'll delete the installed CIA by going into system settings / data / dsiware, drop the .NDS onto the .BAT file to make a new .CIA and install that .CIA before trying again. I'll get this yet.

Reactions: RocketRobz

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn, looks like DSTwo isn't supported. Hope this can change soon. Other than that, fantastic work! I hope that this process can be somewhat more automated in the future, but I'm really glad to see this happening.

Reactions: siamese

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. They're all DS-Mode.
Finally got it working! Thanks for taking the time to help me out. It was all me causing a screwup. When I originally went to replace the TID at xC, I must have accidentally added an additional character. I didn't catch it because I kept reusing the same .nds instead of starting fresh. I started a fresh .nds template and compared the two when it finally worked.

Reactions: RocketRobz

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the r4i gold work with this? I ordered mine a while ago and it's sitting in shipping limbo.

R4i-Gold-RTS-Raster.jpg

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like if the TID isn't listed in the white list, even if it's the TID from the official retail cart, that TID won't work. Which is interesting, because the carts I have of 999 and SMT load just fine.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like if the TID isn't listed in the white list, even if it's the TID from the official retail cart, that TID won't work. Which is interesting, because the carts I have of 999 and SMT load just fine.
Found the answer. They ARE in the whitelist, but they're after address 0x28680 which scrambles the TID. Scrambled TIDs don't work if you use them directly and I assume some games have TIDs that are contained in the scrambled section. We can only use unscrambled TIDs. So if you search for your games TID and it's not found or if it's found after address 0x28680 then you need to pick a new TID from the whitelist.

Serial07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This is awesome! I haven't checked the "news" for a while and I found this great tutorial! (and some new *hax, new system update, etc.) Thanks for this! :yay3ds:

EDIT: StreetPass Mii Plaza shows the game, even if it is a DS homebrew. :)

nesds_on_3ds_home_menu.png

Attachments

• nesDS.zip
    317.5 KB · Views: 227
Last edited by Serial07,

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
Setup everything for the M3DS Real to run YSMenu.
Works perfectly fine on the DS Light. launches YSMenu and Autoboot works as well.

The Forwarder CIA however doesn't even create an Autoboot file.
And even with one it doesn't launch.
It's just stuck in a whitescreen.

Last edited by Zan',
D

Deleted User

whould have done it, but too complicated... I done things like that, but sorry for saying, the tutorial here sucks. would like to see a good tutorial for it.
and about the video, no sound nor on screen text to tell us what to do and why...

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whould have done it, but too complicated... I done things like that, but sorry for saying, the tutorial here sucks. would like to see a good tutorial for it.
and about the video, no sound nor on screen text to tell us what to do and why...
Tutorial here is perfectly fine. I'm not the best at hex editing and managed to use it, and any issues that happened were from me not paying careful enough attention to what I'm doing.

If you can do better, then do it and prove it -- don't shit on someone who took the time to do this to try and help others by being an ass.

Zan'

Trophies
XP
Country
Tutorial here is perfectly fine. I'm not the best at hex editing and managed to use it, and any issues that happened were from me not paying careful enough attention to what I'm doing.

If you can do better, then do it and prove it -- don't shit on someone who took the time to do this to try and help others by being an ass.
The tutorial is in fact very confusing. But paying attention you can work out how it works. (I didn't really understand the whitelist part though)

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tutorial is in fact very confusing. But paying attention you can work out how it works. (I didn't really understand the whitelist part though)
I guess agree to disagree on this, I didn't find the tutorial confusing at all. In fact the only issue I'm having at this point has nothing to do with the tutorial at all, and everything to do with how certain TIDs don't seem to be liked, even if they're in the white list and using them causes a white screen with a small icon instead of booting the game.

Zan'

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess agree to disagree on this, I didn't find the tutorial confusing at all. In fact the only issue I'm having at this point has nothing to do with the tutorial at all, and everything to do with how certain TIDs don't seem to be liked, even if they're in the white list and using them causes a white screen with a small icon instead of booting the game.
I mean. The Tutorial could be better and easier to follow. But it is possible to understand and follow if you pay attention. And after getting it done once it seems pretty clear.

And it should even be possible to write a very simple tool to do all of that for someone. Simply load up the rom to get the infos out and autowrite to the 2 files. and build a CIA. shouldn't be to hard tbh.
Except I have no idea about the whitelist card. And the M3 doesn't seem to work. So I am trying to get a TTDS or R4i by tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries