[NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Robz8, May 11, 2016.

1. AboveColin

AboveColin GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2016
    Netherlands
    It's now ending up with a black upper screen and the lower screen is kinda gray, I deleted the YSMenu.ini's and the game is in /Games/MMZCOL.nds.

Using a TTDS

2. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    If there's a message, press A. Are you using YSMenu.nds from the pack? It's already DLDI patched for DSTT.

3. AboveColin

AboveColin GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2016
    Netherlands
    oh wtf? changed nothing just reinserted the cart and now it gives a message

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And it's working!

Robz8 likes this.
  4. DarK_DragoN

DarK_DragoN Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    I have a R4i SHDC RTS 3DS and the two forwarders I tried are working.

5. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    The games boot correctly? What does your flashcard look like?

6. DarK_DragoN

DarK_DragoN Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
  7. Burnout600

Burnout600 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Does your card boot directly into YSmenu? I have that card too, and in order to boot YSmenu I need to start it as an .nds rom from inside the R4I-SDHC kernel / software.

8. DarK_DragoN

DarK_DragoN Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    I believe so. I simply followed the tutorial, placed the files on the sd card and launched the forwarder. I did find that the game doesn't launch (white screen) if the cheats are enabled.

9. Burnout600

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Interesting, now I have to try this. I had thought it wouldn't work. I'll report back if it works for me.

10. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    I would love to get confirmation on this. Any chance of getting a screenshot of the files on your R4i's SD card?

11. Burnout600

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Doesn't work for me. Just white screens. Was using SM64DS as the test, possible I screwed up making the CIA forwarder, I don't know. If I boot into YSMenu manually and try to run the rom, it gives an error "UNKNOWN_DLDI_TYPE"

12. DarK_DragoN

DarK_DragoN Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    See the attachment. And I was wrong about the cheats. Having them enabled doesn't affect the boot.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Are you sure the .DAT file has only 6 characters? Mine had 7 and didn't work.

Attached Files:

13. Burnout600

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Yeah, .DAT file was SM64DS.DAT. I'll mess with it more later and try again. Does YSMenu give an error if you boot directly into the flashcart, start YSMenu.nds and try to load a rom file manually?

14. DarK_DragoN

DarK_DragoN Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    Yea, it gives me an UNKNOWN_DLDI_TYPE error.

15. Burnout600

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Alright, cheers. Means I fucked up on my end. I'll have to try again when I haven't been awake for 18 hours.

16. AnalogMan

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Great, I'm getting so into making these forwarders that I'm going through looking for old NDS games or ones I never played. I'm kinda psyched to replay Digimon World and Metroid Prime Hunters again. Takes a little while to make each forwarder though, I wonder if we could get a Python script for this, I don't think it'd be hard since all the addresses are basically hard coded.

17. AnalogMan

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    About this, I've made 6 so far and 2 don't work. Used the same process of using the game codes from the Roms. Not sure why those two aren't in the whitelist.

18. Burnout600

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Yeah, this definitely works on the R4I-SDHC 3DS RTS card. I was able to use the pre-made example forwarder for Super Mario 64 with no problem. The one game I've tried making my own forward of just won't work though (Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey). Instantly black screens saying an error has occurred. Assuming it's the TID I have (which is the game's actual TID, reversed as it should be) but still no go.

Need to figure out how to get this whitelist so I have more to choose from and see if that's the problem or not.

19. TheBaloneyboy

TheBaloneyboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2016
    United States
    I have a DSTWO (and an actual retail copy of Alex Rider Stormbreaker) that I can dump, if need be.

20. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Download NUS Downloader, find dsikey.bin around the internet, and download it to the same folder as NUS Downloader.

Burnout600 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted