Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's my java version (haven't checked if it's the latest, but I haven't manually updated in probably well over a year):

upload_2021-8-23_22-30-5.png

benjajas_909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Last edited by benjajas_909,

Reggie10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this method. No need for java. Everything is done on the 3DS.
(video)

I also used the pre-release of NDSForwarder.

This seems so simple that there must be a catch. Is performance of NDS games the same using this method as it would be using the method on the first page of this thread with a flashcart? Any downsides at all to doing this?

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems so simple that there must be a catch. Is performance of NDS games the same using this method as it would be using the method on the first page of this thread with a flashcart? Any downsides at all to doing this?
I have no idea of any performance differences as I never used the old flash cart method. I just found the video and tried it and so far it works with all the same games I used using the old java requirement to put games on SD.

And you don't really need to use NDSforwarder at all nowadays if you have a compatible NDS flashcart that works on your 3DS with Luma custom firmware.

I can play NDS games directly off my M3 Simply flashcart on my 3DS if I want to, even without NDSforwarder installed.

Reactions: thisjustin2001

Reggie10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea of any performance differences as I never used the old flash cart method. I just found the video and tried it and so far it works with all the same games I used using the old java requirement to put games on SD.

And you don't really need to use NDSforwarder at all nowadays if you have a compatible NDS flashcart that works on your 3DS with Luma custom firmware.

I can play NDS games directly off my M3 Simply flashcart on my 3DS if I want to, even without NDSforwarder installed.

Oh for sure, I was more interested in the forwarder for catering to my OCD and displaying my NDS games on the home screen. I'm sure I'd be able to play them just fine with or without the forwarder.

Reactions: thisjustin2001

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is there any way to take advantage of DSi enhanced features while using forwarders to a flashcart? Like running Pokemon Black in DSi mode when launching a forwarder to a R4i SDHC.

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hey, if anyone is having trouble with antipiracy on their flashcart, like I was just now with Pokémon Black, updating YSmenu seems to fix it.
I have an R4i-SDHC Dual Core (www.r4isdhc.com), and forwarders were triggering the antipiracy, but launching the games from the R4 kernel worked fine. Downloaded YSmenu 7.06 from RetroGameFan (https://gbatemp.net/download/retrogamefan-multi-cart-update.35737/) and replaced YSmenu.nds and TTmenu.dat with the new ones.
Bam, forwarders fixed. No more freezing while trying to save.

Last edited by Rosselman,

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
The prerelease of NDSFowarder linked above is incredible. Great to be able to do this all from the 3DS and the added ability to change the title displayed on the HomeScreen is great too since some games had an annoying habit of using CAPS inconsistently.

Reactions: RocketRobz

notmipha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
A3 (Linux and MacOS users): make_cia does not have the required rights. Execute chmod +x make_cia in the terminal on the .jar file's directory, so that make_cia gets the needed rights to be executed.
i'm having this exact problem and i guess this is the solution because im using a mac but i really don't know what this means. can someone explain a bit further please?

Lufvave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hi, I am trying to get cheats to work (particulary the widescreen cheats), but every time I launch a game I patched with DSATM it goes through the typical loading, even asks if I want to create a .sav, but then it just shows a blank white screen (on both of the screens) and nothing happens

Any Ideas?
thanks

Edit: This issue is fixed completely when using NDSForwarder, Widescreen and other cheats work flawlessly
which is a bit of a shame because I liked playing my DS games from the flashcart

Last edited by Lufvave,

xzst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
hi.
im trying to launch Chinatown wars, but i get black screen after choosing save slot.
i read somewhere that i need to enable some cheat, how do i do that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing