Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Morrogoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about the flashcards firmware

The flashcard doesn't even work using those files...

The top screen becomes just white and the the bottom screen black. The sd card, slot2 and favorites icons are still on the bottom but all the text is gone and I can't go into the games...

I ran into that issue with my DSTwo a LOT! I fixed my problem with doing EXACTLY what @juggernaut911 said!

Also make sure that you format your FlashCards microSD card to FAT32 @32 kilobyte cluster size.

In short - If you use Windows:

Capacity:
<Size of your formatted SD Card>

File system
<FAT32 (Default)>

Allocation unit size
<32 kilobytes>

Thats all you have to worry about.

D

Deleted User

I ran into that issue with my DSTwo a LOT! I fixed my problem with doing EXACTLY what @juggernaut911 said!

Also make sure that you format your FlashCards microSD card to FAT32 @32 kilobyte cluster size.

In short - If you use Windows:

Capacity:
<Size of your formatted SD Card>

File system
<FAT32 (Default)>

Allocation unit size
<32 kilobytes>

Thats all you have to worry about.

Do I just put everything from the forwarder pack and my games onto to card afterwards? No need for the gateway firmware of my card?

Morrogoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I just put everything from the forwarder pack and my games onto to card afterwards? No need for the gateway firmware of my card?

Scroll to the top of this page - Its the very first post on this page. Every time he mentions "R4iDSN/R4i Gold RTS" replace that with forward pack for your card. Thats what I did for my DSTwo - I pretty much followed EXACTLY what he said for my R4i Gold RTS.

D

Deleted User

Okay, I'm trying it all right now...

Any fix for this though?
jymyjt

Morrogoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A fix for this: http://prntscr.com/jymzca ?

Hopefully this time I did it right haha

You know... That actually happens with my modded versions of Blaze Black 2 (Pokemon Black 2) and Volt White 2 (Pokemon White 2). I'd make sure that the roms are actually not corrupt.

DSi Enchanced games have animated banners and what not - So if anything is corrupted it will do that.

Last edited by Morrogoth,
D

Deleted User

You know... That actually happens with my modded versions of Blaze Black 2 (Pokemon Black 2) and Volt White 2 (Pokemon White 2). I'd make sure that the roms are actually not corrupt.
It works fine as far as I can tell :/

D

Deleted User

So does my flashcard not just work normally anymore? Can I only use it for this?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So pokemon black and black 2 white screen... Diamond worked though... Those are the only 3 I installed to test

Morrogoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does my flashcard not just work normally anymore? Can I only use it for this?

Are you asking if you can boot your FlashCard normally? If that is indeed your question - At least for me - Is YES! None of the stuff you put on your microSD card interferes with your cards firmware,etc. I'm able to load my DSTwo just fine to launch DSTwo homebrew games like FFVIIIs Triple Triad that was made for it, etc.

D

Deleted User

Are you asking if you can boot your FlashCard normally? If that is indeed your question - At least for me - Is YES! None of the stuff you put on your microSD card interferes with your cards firmware,etc. I'm able to load my DSTwo just fine to launch DSTwo homebrew games like FFVIIIs Triple Triad that was made for it, etc.
I think it works differently for gateway... Unless I was supposed to put the gateway firmware back on afterwards and just overwrite the generic files I was given...

EDIT: Mine still is all black/white with icons and no text. A couple of my games launch through the forwarders but most seem to be unsupported

Last edited by ,

Morrogoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So pokemon black and black 2 white screen... Diamond worked though... Those are the only 3 I installed to test

Let me ask you - When you made the CIA files - Where did you load the NDS files from when inputting them into Forwarder3DS?

And yeah - Check the first page for compatibility.

D

Deleted User

Do you have them on your 3DS Card? Or on your Flash Card? And did you load them into Forwarder3DS from that very place?
I dragged and dropped them from the file on my flashcard sd and yes "Automatically set ROM path" was checked...

Morrogoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

Got'cha, got'cha. Just wanted to make sure. You did say that a few of them ARE booting into the actual game though through the forwarders right?
I think pokemon black/white/b2/w2 might not be supported... But yes diamond is working and i'm sure its safe to assume platinum and pearl will work as well.

I don't understand how some can be unsupported though, they work fine on the flashcard so how does a cia that openes your flashcard and starts the game not work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up