Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I cannot get Forwarder3DS.jar to open on Windows 10. I tried updating Java and restarting my PC and it did not fix it. Any ideas? I have run this application before but decided to re download it.
Try going to file properties and selecting "unblock" at the bottom, that may be why it's not running properly.

YamiJustin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me? I had this method working perfectly the other day. I use DS games off of my old r4 card, and use the forwarder shortcuts to easily access them without going through TWLoader. But today all the shortcuts get me a weird ysmenu screen where it wont boot into the game. But TWLoader still loads them properly. What happened

dxcim

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Great tool OP! I have an issue with Pokemon White. I have the .nds file in my R4i SDHC, generated and installed the forwarder .cia file via fbi with no issue. However, the installed cia (forwarder) appears on the menu without any text or art. Just a plain white icon. Loading the app beings me to a black screen telling me that the device has encountered an error (not an arm11 crash) and to hold power to turn off my device. I've no idea why this particular game is giving an issue because I've made forwarders for every other nds Pokemon game without an issue.
Thanks!

Attachments

• HNI_0016.JPG
    HNI_0016.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 269

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great tool OP! I have an issue with Pokemon White. I have the .nds file in my R4i SDHC, generated and installed the forwarder .cia file via fbi with no issue. However, the installed cia (forwarder) appears on the menu without any text or art. Just a plain white icon. Loading the app beings me to a black screen telling me that the device has encountered an error (not an arm11 crash) and to hold power to turn off my device. I've no idea why this particular game is giving an issue because I've made forwarders for every other nds Pokemon game without an issue.
Thanks!
Try shortening the ROM's filename, then remake the forwarder.

Mumantai

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got a problem with the Forwarder. It used to work just how it should, but now it only creates Folders after clicking the floppy icon but they're completely empty. I already tried shortening the ROM's names but this didn't help...

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Does R4i Gold 3DS Plus work?

I'd like to know this as well.

I can't seem to get it to work on my R4i Gold 3DS Plus :/ When I run a forward icon, it just boots the flashcard and does nothing. Any help would be appreciated, @Robz8

EDIT: Turns out I was still using my old generated Acekard 2i forward CIA's. Upon regenerating for the R4i Gold 3DS RTS, I could launch them on my R4i Gold 3DS Plus

*** This works on the R4i Gold 3DS Plus since apparently its just an updated R4i Gold 3DS RTS with no major software changes or something. @Andersun and @Rubedo - It works!

Last edited by juggernaut911, , Reason: I am a stupid head

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get it to work on my R4i Gold 3DS Plus :/ When I run a forward icon, it just boots the flashcard and does nothing. Any help would be appreciated, @Robz8

EDIT: Turns out I was still using my old generated Acekard 2i forward CIA's. Upon regenerating for the R4i Gold 3DS RTS, I could launch them on my R4i Gold 3DS Plus

*** This works on the R4i Gold 3DS Plus since apparently its just an updated R4i Gold 3DS RTS with no major software changes or something. @Andersun and @Rubedo - It works!

Which one is the EXACT file that you used for the R4i Gold 3DS Plus?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Got a little issue for some reason here and I can't think of anything that works... I wanted to make some more forwarders for some games that are actually playable thanks to the recent compatibility improvements with version 0.9.1 of nds-bootstrap, but when I try to use the program, it just won't create the forwarders at all. Template is updated, Java was just installed (only installed it again to use this), redownloading everything from OP isn't working and the ROMs are loaded on the program from the "NDS" folder at the root of the SD card (auto-path is selected). Any ideas as to why this is happening? I even made sure to go to properties of the .jar file and make it so it's not partially blocked (because it's from a different computer Windows had blocked it).

EDIT: Somehow it decided to work just now without me doing anything at all, so I guess it's ok now:/

Last edited by ThoD,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....