NDS Dev Kit

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Mortifix, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Mortifix
    OP

Mortifix Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2007
    United States
    --Unknown--
    Well im thinking of getting a NDS and I am wonder what would be the best dev kit to get. Right now I have a GBA SP with the EZ-FLASH IV and I love it. I am trying to find something comperable to that.

2. paul1991

paul1991 Banned

Banned
    May 5, 2007
    United States
    So...
    Its been a loooooooooong time since you've been around flash carts hasn't it?

There are many different types of Slot-1 flash carts.
    I would look at the reviews section at the top pf the page to find something that I want.

Do you know what Passme is?
    How much are you willing to spend?
    Do you like cheats?
    Do you care about soft reset?

3. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    California
    If you have the time, take a few minutes to check out my reviews.

http://www.flashcartreviews.com

I have videos uploaded on each one I review, so you can get a better idea of each one. Sign up if you have questions/comments.

My recommendations are:
    CycloDS Evo
    G6DS Real
    or
    R4DS
    (in that order)

4. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    In my sig you can see my review of the G6DS Real, I recommend it to anyone whos wiling to give 60$$ for it, otherwise get an R4... if you can find one.

5. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
  6. Hiratai

Hiratai I'm like *tick* *tick*

Banned
    Aug 17, 2007
    United States
    Get an R4 combo pack, if you can find one. If you really like gaming on the Ds you'll need a 2gb.

Also, that 16GB you see from DS-X isn't 16 gigabytes...it's 16 gigabits, 2 gigabytes. Yes..we know very ghey.

7. martin88

martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2005
    Canada
    You do know that EZ-FLASH IV can run NDS roms as well right? (With a Passme or Flashme firmware)

8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Until such a time as you decide upon a DS slot cart (if indeed you do) might I suggest investing $15 or so in a nopass (EZPass3 will work fine for you) and using the EZ4, current patching gives pretty much all DS games as playable.

9. Mortifix
    OP

Mortifix Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2007
    United States
    --Unknown--
    I am kinda familiar with the Passme, but I don't know the entire details. I am trying to keep it under $50 if at all possible. Yes I really like cheats. I don't really mind not having soft reset. The reason I am not going to use the EZ4 is because I am selling my GBA and the EZ4 + 1gb stick for $110 and spending that money on a new DS with a dev kit.

Why did you say you can tell its been a long time since I been around flashcarts?