kashin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've before used memory editing to find the adresses for keypresses (In emulators) and then made them jump to a newly assigned key to reconfigure them (Works properly when converted to AR and GS, though has to be accompanied by MEs for functions not (yet) available to AR and GS).

Unfortunatly i'm not sure how one would go about doing this with the DS' buttons, nor does the inbuilt AR of my TTDS support things like editing mem ads through ASM.

So.. Obviously i've hit somewhat of a dead-end here, but are there any other possibilities to rebind keys? Perhaps even for games in general (ea: DS Keybinder?).

I'm not that knowledgable on the subject so feel free to correct anything i said.
I'm tired of games like PH, would be more fun with normal LoZ controls.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
definitely possible.
it has been done in LoZ:PH(check the gbatemp cheat database), star fox command, guitar hero on tour, and probably some other games i don't know of.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a note, while the buttons do have a memory location most games I have done this to copy these at a given point (a vblank is a good bet) to another section and then operate on those.

kashin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's great news dice, i'm definatly going to check that out!
And FAST, isn't anything along the lines of a Pointer possible?
Also, do you think you could fill me in on the basics on the process?
I don't need a tutorial, just how it's done in a few words.

EDIT: I just checked out Toenailed's version and it seems he just changes the coordinates of the stylus touch (fairy) to emulate the touching, it seems playable but not really suitable for certain acts.

The actual mapping of the keys seemed to be the hardest part to me (since i had no methode to do so) but shouldn't it be fairly easy to just use the addys for the moves (rolling, all directions, moving, all directions and attacking, all directions)? Not to mention far less buggy and dependant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches