Developer
Trophies
Website
www.thulinma.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

Ages ago I bought an NDS Adapter+ and I have been pretty annoyed with the lack of non-windows support.
So annoyed, in fact, that I wrote a GPL application that mimics the official software - it has all the features the official software has, plus that it's quite a bit more verbose, more accurate, and will alert you if anything may have gone wrong during any of the operations (unlike the official software which will just say "success" even on failures).

The source, instructions and more information can be found here: https://github.com/Thulinma/ndsplus

The requirements for compiling it are quite low (pkg-config and libusb is all that's needed) and I've only tested it in linux but see no reason why it wouldn't work on any other system with libusb (in fact, it might even work using the windows port of libusb).

So - why am I posting here? Well, of course I wanted to make sure word gets out that there's non-windows support available now for the people that have been waiting for this. Also, I don't have that many games - specifically: I don't have any games with 8KB or 64KB EEPROM saves. If anyone can test the application with some of those games, please do post the debug output (using the --debug flag) as an issue on github (or here, if you prefer). EDIT: EMS was nice enough to send me some detailed specs on the protocol. I was able to clear up all the missing bits, and compatibility should now be equal to the official software. Please report if this is not the case!

I hope this tool/driver will be useful to somebody other than myself :-)

Thulinma

Computer Magician
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.thulinma.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cool. Especially if you can find some games in the categories I listed in my first post, that'd be nice. :-)

Meanwhile - EMS has posted my Linux/Mac driver on their website ( http://www.hkems.com/download - 0907.htm ), and I can confirm that Mac support does indeed work (but may require manual compiling - the download in the github downloads section might not work for all Mac users).

Thulinma

Computer Magician
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.thulinma.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was referring to the line "games with 8KB or 64KB EEPROM saves" from above. :-) Fairly certain that those will not be detected right, so if anyone can show the output of one of such games with --verbose enabled, that'd be great (even better if the correct sizes are posted along with it, but I should be able to look that up somewhere, also...).

I finished it somewhere 1-2 weeks ago, so that's about right, yeah. I've been testing it on my own machine since a little before that, released it when I thought it was stable enough for the general public.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Hey