Hacking ncWBFSTool

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nubecoder said:
I kinda got side-tracked trying to figure out how to get DVDROM reading working, so I haven't got around to adding the debugging code that seems to be needed.
But, with the help of a good friend, I made a breakthrough that will surely lead to having DVD -> WBFS support.
My lack of C/C++ experience is really showing through here.
frown.gif

Bear with me here, as I try to get this all sorted.

=]
Why not just put out the bugfixes and the current stuff you added first. DVD reading I'd assume wouldn't be used as often other than older backup discs. Everything these days are done straight from the ISO.

sicbud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this program. WBFS Manager 3.0 wasn't working for me on Windows 7 for some reason. This one seems to be working great.

Is there anyway to see the list of games I already have installed on the hdd and what sizes they are?

nubecoder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
United States
sicbud said:
Is there anyway to see the list of games I already have installed on the hdd and what sizes they are?
For now you can simply click the Extract Games or Remove Games buttons.

In one of the next releases you will be able to enable an extended view in the main window.

--------------------------------

Just a little update on some of the progress I've made:
  • Currently working on adding some logging capabilities and better exception handling.
  • Just finished reworking the drive detection which should be more reliable, but also a bit slower (uses WMI).
  • Added some minor things like using the WaitCursor during certain time consuming operations.
  • DVDROM support is partially working (still some problems with the WiiDisc class to work out).
  • Added to and re-organized the options menu.
More to come...

=]

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
found a bug but it might of been mentioned before.

when adding a game and selecting the input folder theres no problems all goes well, close the app, when deleting the same input folder then reloading the app and selecting "Add Games" this error shows up

QUOTE said:
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\Games'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path)
at ncWBFSTool.GameAddForm.PopulateGameListFromFolder(String ImportFolder, List`1 GameList)
at ncWBFSTool.GameAddForm.Initialize(Object Sender)
at ncWBFSTool.GameAddForm..ctor(Object Sender)
at ncWBFSTool.ncWBFSToolForm.gameAddButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at ncTools.Controls.Buttons.GlassButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at ncTools.Controls.Buttons.GlassButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

the problem is that when setting up the input folder for the first time the app searches for the games in the FIRST directory selected then adds them to the "Add Games" list at each load, if the directory isnt there the app crashes

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nubecoder said:
sicbud said:
For now you can simply click the Extract Games or Remove Games buttons.

In one of the next releases you will be able to enable an extended view in the main window.

--------------------------------

Just a little update on some of the progress I've made:
  • Currently working on adding some logging capabilities and better exception handling.
  • Just finished reworking the drive detection which should be more reliable, but also a bit slower (uses WMI).
  • Added some minor things like using the WaitCursor during certain time consuming operations.
  • DVDROM support is partially working (still some problems with the WiiDisc class to work out).
  • Added to and re-organized the options menu.
More to come...

=]

Awesome! I am eagerly awaiting the use of the wiitdb database, so that when I extract games to the PC they are neatly named (instead of "Spielberg___EA_BoomBlox" for example)
smile.gif

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a great GUI you've got so far!! I'll definitely be using this.

If it's possible, though, could you implement an update checker? It's kind of a pain to have to go through this thread every time I want to check if there's an update :/

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
Good to hear that DVDR support is coming along! I realise a lot of people don't think it's a required feature but it would set this WBFS manager apart from the others and many people would find the feature very useful... I had a large collection of games on disk that I transferred to WBFS using that hex translated Jap application but family members who aren't as "tech savvy" as me and are in a similar situation, don't understand the Jap program and have pretty much given in on using the Wii to transfer the games to WBFS because of the huge transfer times. For them this app would be very useful.

Excellent program, thanks
biggrin.gif

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me just found this post and didn't read the whole thread. Nice app. but one thing i find useful in the WBFS manager is the ability to rename the game names on the drive. Could this be added?

Thanks.

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Really nice WBFS tool. It's not as straightfroward as you probably set it out to be: Add and Extract games in itself makes perfect sense but your choice for a CD icon had me confused for a sec. Once you know what does what it's really nice though. This is the first WBFS tool I tried that actually remembers where my games folder is and doesn't lose the connection to my drive.

I second the motion to make the fade-in and out effects optional. I appreciate you going for eye-candy but it actually looks as if the program 'hangs' for a short while. That and the inclusion of a title-rename function (I know it's on the list), and please if you can: do not limit to a certain number of characters, would make it absolutely perfect in my opinion.

I just read what I wrote here and realised it sounds a little harsh. That's not my intention, I really like and enjoy your program. Just a bad head-ache so I don't sound to jolly, sorry about that. All in all: not bad for a nube ;-)

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a request and that is the ability to export a list of games in alphabetical order to a txt document file or if using WiiTDB by gametype then alphabetical.

This would be the greatest thing ever =)

Cheers

Leon

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nubecoder said:
Added the test build download link to the 1st post.

Also just wanting to let everyone know I haven't abandoned the project, hopefully the next release will be worth the wait.

=]

[edit]
Here's a small sample of the Games List html output I've got so far.
More to come...
[/edit]

Sounds great! I am really looking forward to a new release with some of the features we have discussed. Good work!

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Det1re said:
Any news? :x
Det1re,

nubecoder just provided me with his latest test build.
I have only taken a very quick look, but it seems fine.
the interface is still very simple but it adds a couple of neat features. ( I won't describe them and let that to nubecoder)
I hope I can do some extensive testing tonight, or tomorrow.
but from what I already saw it could be a nice release.

Cheers,
R

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been testing as well. I discovered the bug of "0kb" files when extracting certain games, temporarily fixed it, and emailed nubecoder about it. The new test build is *amazing* to say the least
smile.gif
I think it'll probably become the standard in Windows WBFS management when released
smile.gif

nubecoder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
The new test build is *amazing* to say the least
smile.gif
I think it'll probably become the standard in Windows WBFS management when released
smile.gif
blush.gif
I'll get some more work done later tonight after I get some sleep (which seems to be a constant issue these days).

=]

nvdolfan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried this out today... Works pretty good! I will probably switch over to this from Alexdp's version, just one "enhancement" I think is needed:
I store all my games in different subdirectories in the same master directory. When I go to add another game it's a bit clunky how you have to select the whole directory structure again rather than just going up a directory from your current directory.

The other thing is I'd suggest adding this to the wiki on this site so people are aware of it and it's features:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=WBFS_Managers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock