Hacking NBA Jam: Interesting files inside..

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2007
Messages
1,008
Trophies
1
Age
37
Location
Chile
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
596
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
With WiiScrubber, you can see that a lot of files are extremely easy to modify, because the format that the game uses for options are nearly XML style config and some .txt files.
Here is a example:

fgm_index.xml:

















.
.
(BOSS INFO, DELETED BECAUSE IS SPOILER!)
.
.

BUT, i found two interesting files that maybe will have everyone talking about it:
fgm_online_2v2_h2h.xml and fgm_online_2v2_multi.xml, both in gamemode folder.

The thing is, the game could have online, like a DLC unlockable or are dummy files.
But, the files inside aren't dummy, have data like the other ones.
 

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
632
Trophies
1
XP
697
Country
United States
What you posted has spoilers for the bosses in the game. Could you edit out the names of the bosses?
 

undercarris

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 15, 2008
Messages
59
Trophies
0
Location
Chile
XP
75
Country
United States
maybe it is the code that the two programers where making to have online... maybe its the unfinished version or something
 

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2008
Messages
1,077
Trophies
0
Location
Derp
Website
Visit site
XP
160
Country
United States
Naydog101 said:
Question I have for you is this, are you going to upload the game?

Buy it and up-load it into your automobile- and when you get home, down-load it, then upload it to your console!

OT: Interesting finds, though I doubt that an online mode could be unlocked in this manner.
 

Naydog101

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
64
Trophies
0
XP
53
Country
United States
have to know alot about basketball to know who those names are, unless you google them, but yeah. Someone like me that only really know that NBA Jam is cool but not a lot of their names, I don't know some of those. But you did mention Spoiler Alert so if someone doesn't want to know those names shouldn't look anyway right?
 

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
632
Trophies
1
XP
697
Country
United States
Naydog101 said:
have to know alot about basketball to know who those names are, unless you google them, but yeah. Someone like me that only really know that NBA Jam is cool but not a lot of their names, I don't know some of those. But you did mention Spoiler Alert so if someone doesn't want to know those names shouldn't look anyway right?
Never watched a game of basketball in my life, I've seen parts of the Looney Toons movie (Space Jam) and that's it. I plan on getting NBA Jam because it looks fun, and I don't want to spoil it.

The spoiler tag was used here to hide a block of text, not mark actual spoilers.
 

Naydog101

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
64
Trophies
0
XP
53
Country
United States
W hat said:
Naydog101 said:
have to know alot about basketball to know who those names are, unless you google them, but yeah. Someone like me that only really know that NBA Jam is cool but not a lot of their names, I don't know some of those. But you did mention Spoiler Alert so if someone doesn't want to know those names shouldn't look anyway right?
Never watched a game of basketball in my life, I've seen parts of the Looney Toons movie (Space Jam) and that's it. I plan on getting NBA Jam because it looks fun, and I don't want to spoil it.

The spoiler tag was used here to hide a block of text, not mark actual spoilers.

Yeah I know, but earlier that block of text showcased the names of the bosses before he went back and deleted those lines, but still it was marked spoiler. Think it would be cool though if online got added somehow, sometime
 

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2007
Messages
1,008
Trophies
1
Age
37
Location
Chile
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
596
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm finding more and more things.
data/rev/fontmap.txt have this:

SBW_sm , EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;
online_body , EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;
netcoreBd , EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;
netcoreHvCn , EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;
online_ranking , EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;
online_headerBig , EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;
netcoreBtnAct , EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;
netcoreLgBtnAct , EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;
netcoreSmBtnAct , EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;
netcoreLgBtnIdle , EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;
netcoreTip ,


EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;
netcoreAlert ,

EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;
netcoreBlk , EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;

netcoreBdBlue , EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold


;
netcoreHead , EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;
netcoreTbxAct , EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold
;

netcoreTbxIdle


, EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;

netcoreCnBtnAct



,


EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold

;
espntkr

,


EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold


;
EA HelveticaNeue Med

,



EA HelveticaNeue Con Bold ;

Has online info inside it.
 

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2007
Messages
1,008
Trophies
1
Age
37
Location
Chile
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
596
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
CarbonX13 said:
So basically, there possibly was going to be online for this game, but they decided to trash that in favour of an earlier release?

Maybe is a uncomplete online or like i say before, they will DLC a online, because isn't a coincidence that a lot of online code is inside the game.
Also, i found another file that have a text that says online info: data/common/overachiever/BounceProject.xml.
This file is for achievements. Also, the file is too big to post here, but have this info:



.
.
.

















































The game has also online Achivements.
 

Naydog101

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
64
Trophies
0
XP
53
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
CarbonX13 said:
So basically, there possibly was going to be online for this game, but they decided to trash that in favour of an earlier release?

Maybe is a uncomplete online or like i say before, they will DLC a online, because isn't a coincidence that a lot of online code is inside the game.
Also, i found another file that have a text that says online info: data/common/overachiever/BounceProject.xml.
This file is for achievements. Also, the file is too big to post here, but have this info:



.
.
.

















































The game has also online Achivements.
That is pretty cool
 

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2008
Messages
2,835
Trophies
1
Age
29
XP
878
Country
I guess they just "ported" things around with the PS360 and wii versions.
 

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
1,375
Trophies
0
Age
30
Website
loganderb.in
XP
522
Country
United States
Grr, this burns me up. You can tell they were really going to with an online portion for the Wii version. So close, yet so far.
frown.gif
 

meohsix

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2008
Messages
145
Trophies
1
Age
37
Website
Visit site
XP
1,301
Country
United States
it would be cool if we could put our own heads into the game. i had a quick look at the files in the disc, but didn't see anything related to player images? i guess its named something weird and or packed inside some other file.
i was hoping it would be laid out easy like player/body/heads
tongue.gif


oh well...
 

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: He must be busy with some nursesB-) +1