ROM Hack Naruto Shinobi Retsuden III

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two days ago? It just came out (Shipped actually) yesterday.
blink.gif

Be expecting a dump from now to the next few days.
yaynds.gif

On topic, I forgot to compliment you on your latest beta.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ninja Council 4 is out, so I'll be doing a little bit of experimenting tonight with soundfiles.

Anyone familiar with sound-replacement/hacking have any suggestions for me on what to use? CrystalTile2 doesn't really want to agree with me on something like this ):

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already undubbed the game. I'll PM you with the details. Now I can have english Naruto NC4 with japanese voices.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
...I couldn't figure it out. I'm gonna leave it as a project for later on. ):

Anyway, progress is a bit slow due to work but I'm advancing pretty well. I really don't have much left to do, anyway so it's mainly prettying up other menus - now, you'll know who you're unlocking.

Would one of you do me a favor - clear your savefile, unlock a guy and take a picture? I'm too lazy to do it myself; but I just want a screenshot of the bottom screen in that scenario.

also

narutond3.png

lol

if nobody likes it i'll just throw it in an alternate patch with all the extra stuff i wanted in the patch but people probably don't want (English voiceacting, silly nametags here and there, etc)

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally like it... Its nice to see an english logo, makes it feel more official.

Also... you know how to change voices? If you do... wouldn't that be the same as changing the music?

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
good work kosheh i always wanted to play this game
biggrin.gif

EDIT: for the story me and some other narutards can probably help, i dont know japanese but i do know the story oh and for the narutards wondering it starts with the shippudent saskue meeting naruto sakura and sai when they "meet off" and then theres also a bit where kakashi and naruto start training naruto about his element which for naruto ofcourse is wind so they bring in yamato and naruto's first job is to cut a leaf using only wind. Naruto kinda cheats in this by using shadow clone jutsu and cloning himself like 100 times and they each get a leaf and one ends up cutting it so yea some other narutard can help step in as well

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One very picky detail I have about the storyline translation is that I want to keep the dialogue as anime-perfect (or manga perfect) as possible. That way, Narutards can't be like OMG WTF WHYD YOU CHANGE THE DIALOGUE, YAMATO IS NOTHING LIKE THAT!!!

So - what I encourage, is that if you don't know Japanese; if you read the manga or anime, try to link to videos of where these fights occur in the anime, or simply tell me what chapters they occur in the manga. I can read both Hiragana and Katakana, so more often than not I myself will be able to match up the anime dialogue with the ingame cutscene. The manga's a different story but I'll manage.

If you wanna Youtube the big fights (and I don't care if dumb Linkin Park music is playing) and post them here, that'd be very helpful - oh, said scenes I need:

Hidan and Kakuzu chasing down the two-tailed beast, confrontation with Yugito
Asuma & Shikamaru vs. Hidan & Kakuzu
That scene where Asuma makes a dumb anime face
Whenever Akatsuki meets (esp. with Tobi and Deidara)
Naruto vs. Kakuzu

I don't remember all the fights but yeah any others, do link to Youtube or list the chapters which they appear in. Feel free to make a list of events that occur in this game [use spoiler tags though]
-After this though, I'll have someone like Rosales brush up the text, maybe give the characters some more personality and also translate the narration. And then you'll have a chapter.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rosales said:
Also... you know how to change voices? If you do... wouldn't that be the same as changing the music?
Very similar - but unfortunately I misjudged and changing character voices will take a little more knowledge than I anticipated. D:

Everything out there can decompile .SDAT files but not recompile them ;3;

EDIT: whoops, double post lol

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title screen looks pretty good I think you should put it in the next patch. BTW I might be able to help you with the translating of the story(Since I read every manga chapter yet). I'm first going to try for finding out what naruto and sasuke talk about in the first scene so I'll brb with some updates.

OffTopic:How do I get my warn down I did'nt know that say a romsite was against the rules?

Edit:Nm the sasuke and naruto talking scene it seems only the narrator is talking and i have no idea what hes saying but maybe its something like "After the long awaited encouncter with Sauske ending in failure. Naruto goes back to the leaf village to continue his training".

Edit: I'm predicting what they're saying based on the manga and the anime. Naruto Chapter 310
BTW If there blank then I'm not sure what they say
Tsunade says:I see
Yamamato says:
Naruto says:
Naruto says"
Sakura says:
Naruto:....
Sakura says:
Sakura says:
Naruto says:......
Sai says:
Sakura says:!
Sai says:
Sai says:
Naruto says:.....
Naruto says:
Tsunade says:
Naruto says:
Tsunade says:
Tsunade says:
Tsunade says:
Kakashi says:
Sakura says:
Tsunade says:
Tsunade says:
Tsunade says:
Naruto says:
Kakashi says:
Kakashi says:
Kakashi says:
Kakashi says:
Tsunade says:
Naruto says:
Tsunade says:
Tsunade says:
Tsunade says:
Kakshi says:
Kakshi says:
Naruto says:
Naruto says:
Kakshi says:
Naruto says:....!
Kakshi says:
Kakshi says:
Naruto says:
Naruto says:
Kakashi says:
Kakashi says:
Naruto says:
Kakashi says:
Naruto says:
Naruto says:

This is the scene right when you enter the hokages office for the first time. As you can see I don't understand the scene at all. It is not in either the manga or the anime because in the manga and anime it goes like this.
Tsunade says:I see
Tsunade says:So..
Naruto says: Were not giving up
Tsunade says: heh very well I will insue you about your next mission immediatley. Stand by at home until I contact you.
Naruto says: Right!
End Of Scene

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
o.o Flood much? It's not that hard to work out the storylines, one you've read the Manga/Anime and play the game, you pretty much know what's being said, oh and, love the title, Better than the Japanese one
tongue.gif

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should replace the copyright above "2009 Tomy" with the copyright seen in Ninja Destiny 2.

I'll be trying to learn how to repack the sound file. If I get any breakthrough, I'll be sure to inform you. Since as I said, I want to get rid of the ear rape music.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rosales said:
You should replace the copyright above "2009 Tomy" with the copyright seen in Ninja Destiny 2.

I'll be trying to learn how to repack the sound file. If I get any breakthrough, I'll be sure to inform you. Since as I said, I want to get rid of the ear rape music.
I'm not changing the copyright for legal reasons. It'd be nice if while TOMY tries to rape me in court that I can say "I didn't modify the copyright info - I only added a note on who was translating the game"

i'm still modifying game code anyhow lol

Also, the worst is over. ;_;
If you've snooped through the ROM, you'll know what I mean

ohgodyes.png

I only want to fix one thing: The character unlock message. If anyone unlocks a character, TAKE A PHOTO. I'm too lazy to unlock a guy via emulator

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't, cause I'd have to repack the sounds, which I still don't know how to do T_T.

Also, but the way, with ND2 coming to america later this year, we'll have voices for a majority of the cast. Of course this is after figuring everything out.

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that someone should change the battle music to music actually used in the shows instead of those random songs. Anyone know how that can be done?
OffTopic:My NDS Fat just broke today cry cry cryt he served me well for 2 long years.

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
. . . .
What do you think we are talking about? *trollface*
But seriously, we are trying to figure it out.
I have more of an idea to use video game music, not even Gekitou Ninja Taisen or Narutimate Hero/Accel music. My idea was actually Street Fighter EX1-3 music. The soundtrack fits in my opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHPUzBRjg1E