ROM Hack Naruto Shinobi Retsuden III

Ravensourcious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
I'm thinking of doing random stuff in Beast Battles and then ACTUALLY releasing the first patch; that is if you guys are okay with seemingly random characters having Japanese kana names.

I say go ahead an release, a few names is no big deal lol.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
names are a bonus in translations for games like this.
just menu translations is enough to make the game more enjoyable.(tough not as much as a full one
tongue.gif
)

and i'm actually glad dungeon mode is gone.
it was a nice feature, but i don't like having to complete it with every character to unlock the last character(s)

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
jan777 said:
can you dub it with your own voice too?

haha lol
worst idea ever.
official dubs are bad, so how do you expect a fantranslator to do it?
Oh my god I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did

I actually COULD dub it if I wanted to; it'd be nothing more than a proof of concept, though.
It's actually a lot easier than most of you think - just rip the voices from Ultimate Ninja 4, recompress them, and omg englishvoice.

I don't think Sasuke's in Ultimate Ninja 4; nor is Sai or Yamato so I'd have to hold out until UN5 (which I can 100% guarantee I can rip from - I have a special tool for doing so)

Tomorrow I'll:
Make the Y-button option in Beast Battles understandable
Translate the Options Menu (no seriously it won't be hard), THEN I'll make the first patch.

I notice a lot of people are accidentally deleting their saves so I figure it'd be nice to translate that particular menu before releasing so they don't keep erasing their savegames
tongue.gif

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Random sorta off topic question... but.... is it actually possible to add voices into the PTS character's specials? They never f**king added voices into. So I'm wondering if its possible to use Genkitou Ninja Taisen or Narutimate Hero voices and add them in there.
It SOUNDS possible.... but... sound is a very loose word.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope the first patch comes out before thursday, because thats the day when I have to lock away my NDS and start learning for university and crap @@
Right now, I'm just randomly entering modes never knowing what might happen xD

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guys I have bad news and I have good news. D:

Bad news: Every time I try to edit a certain image in Beast Battles, the game crashes. And I found this out. Without a backup ROM in case of an emergency. Twice. Last night. >:/

Good news: I DID have all my work in DS file formats on my HD. So I just spent 20 minutes inserting them all and I'm just one step backwards - the Y button is untranslated and the Beast Battles menu is untranslated. ):
But once I got it working again I did make a copy of the file this time so this doesn't happen again!

Not particularly hard stuff though; I even have backups of those files so I can try to figure out what I did wrong and fix it.

So yeah, just expect the patch two hours later. I've got something to do in less than an hour so I should probably take a shower and eat and go do that before I end up missing out on a job.
tongue.gif

Rosales said:
Random sorta off topic question... but.... is it actually possible to add voices into the PTS character's specials? They never f**king added voices into. So I'm wondering if its possible to use Genkitou Ninja Taisen or Narutimate Hero voices and add them in there.
It SOUNDS possible.... but... sound is a very loose word.
Uh, something like that requires making changes to the ASM (adding soundfiles AND adding new sounds). I know what you mean though - the Rasengan is a quiet Rasengan and it doesn't feel right.
But yeah that requires ASM hacking and I...
well I have no clue how to go about doing that lol

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey

whats this?????

Patch said:
First patch - Beta 01

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pcyg8d

[Instructions: Use XDelta UI [stolen from Noitora ;_;] to apply patch ....xdelta to clean version of ROM]
Main Menu options translated, Single Player, Wireless and Story Mode submenus translated.
Options translated
Random character names translated, including a Beast
Character Select, Stage Select bottom screens translated (for the most part, missing R-button and Y-button images as they cause "complications")

The main menus should be very navigable now. Some extra details needs to be thrown together [detailed below]
GO PLAY THE FIRST PATCH FFFUUUUUUUUUU

hm....................perhaps things will get translated more............................................................................

tomorrow

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I'm glad your doing this Kosheh but I'm going to wait until everything is done before playing this (like I do with most translations) because then I know I can sit down and not have to wait for more translating but I'll keep updated
tongue.gif

schokomon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh man it isn´t funny anymore..
btw thnaks a lot for translating, but

this game doesnt run on my ezflash!
i start it and the screen turns white... please, could someone be so friendly and explain me how to start this?
why doesnt start this game? i have the newest fw, and wtf can i do else to get this game start?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...it doesnt work

the deltax ui will just give me some error (its not even starting the ui or anything) i redownloaded it from 2 sources, always the same

is there a way to make this work with tsukuyomi or explaining how the deltax.exe works (at the moment, it will just make a dos window flash for a second and then be gone again)

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got another question for ya' bro. Again sound related, but not adding NEW sound.

So, say I think the stage music is earrape. Is there anyway you could teach me how to replace it? 0=
I know its possible, I just don't know how.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I uh...I do agree with you on said ear rape, but I'm honestly not sure about sound hacking - that's something very alien to me right now.

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, I already know how to unpack and repack. I've done this for undubbing the Bleach games.

If I knew how to create the proper file format I'd be set.

Also, nice work with the patch. Worked for me no problem. Didn't even have to change the name. I have no idea why people are having problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: