Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I want to dump my current system NAND (version 9.9.0 26U) on my 3DSXL (Old version) so that I can downgrade later if I want to. How do I do NAND dumping on the DS? I have looked online, but found no recent tutorials. I have heard about actually opening my 3DSXL and tinkering with the hardware and whatnot, but it looked as if it was much more time consuming and expensive (to buy the solder, hot glue, etc) than a simple software-based dump. I have heard of the link http://go.gateway-3ds.com, but that seems to be outdated and I'm worried that I might brick my 3DSXL if I use it on the current version. I am a complete beginner to this stuff and I don't know a lot about the 3DSXL internals

Any help or tutorials on NAND dumping would be greatly appreciated.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think you can on 9.9 unless you do a hard-mod to physically connect the chip containing the NAND data to a computer and read/write from there.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the threads I've been reading the last couple weeks, it sounds like that is actually the more commonly used hardmod that you linked. However, I don't actually have any experience with it so I can't confirm anything.

loco365

Trophies
XP
You can also contact @hundshamer if you'd like to get the mod installed, he can do it for a fee. However, since you're on 9.9, you'd have almost no reason to back up your NAND since you can't hack it anyway. Although, it'd be good for archival purposes in case someone finds a flaw in the 9.X line some time down the road...

[GBATemp]~IceStorm

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also contact @hundshamer if you'd like to get the mod installed, he can do it for a fee. However, since you're on 9.9, you'd have almost no reason to back up your NAND since you can't hack it anyway. Although, it'd be good for archival purposes in case someone finds a flaw in the 9.X line some time down the road...
That is the main reason I am doing this. Also, do you mind taking a look at this thread? >
https://gbatemp.net/threads/hacking-new-to-the-nintendo-ds-3ds-hacking-scene.394343/#post-5603418

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont think is really worth it, because when they find an exploit it becomes announced before nintendo can patch it up, but good luck on your quest

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill