NAND Dumping!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by [GBATemp]~IceStorm, Aug 5, 2015.

1. [GBATemp]~IceStorm
    OP

[GBATemp]~IceStorm Banned

Banned
    Oct 29, 2013
    United States
    yo mama's house
    Hello.

I want to dump my current system NAND (version 9.9.0 26U) on my 3DSXL (Old version) so that I can downgrade later if I want to. How do I do NAND dumping on the DS? I have looked online, but found no recent tutorials. I have heard about actually opening my 3DSXL and tinkering with the hardware and whatnot, but it looked as if it was much more time consuming and expensive (to buy the solder, hot glue, etc) than a simple software-based dump. I have heard of the link http://go.gateway-3ds.com, but that seems to be outdated and I'm worried that I might brick my 3DSXL if I use it on the current version. I am a complete beginner to this stuff and I don't know a lot about the 3DSXL internals

Any help or tutorials on NAND dumping would be greatly appreciated.

2. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    I don't think you can on 9.9 unless you do a hard-mod to physically connect the chip containing the NAND data to a computer and read/write from there.

3. [GBATemp]~IceStorm
    OP

Banned
    Oct 29, 2013
    United States
    yo mama's house
    Do you have any updated links on how to do this type of NAND dumping?

4. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
  5. [GBATemp]~IceStorm
    OP

Banned
    Oct 29, 2013
    United States
    yo mama's house
    Thank you.

does this work as well?

6. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2015
    United States
    From the threads I've been reading the last couple weeks, it sounds like that is actually the more commonly used hardmod that you linked. However, I don't actually have any experience with it so I can't confirm anything.

7. [GBATemp]~IceStorm
    OP

Banned
    Oct 29, 2013
    United States
    yo mama's house
  8. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    You can also contact @hundshamer if you'd like to get the mod installed, he can do it for a fee. However, since you're on 9.9, you'd have almost no reason to back up your NAND since you can't hack it anyway. Although, it'd be good for archival purposes in case someone finds a flaw in the 9.X line some time down the road...

9. [GBATemp]~IceStorm
    OP

Banned
    Oct 29, 2013
    United States
    yo mama's house
    That is the main reason I am doing this. Also, do you mind taking a look at this thread? >
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/hacking-new-to-the-nintendo-ds-3ds-hacking-scene.394343/#post-5603418

10. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    i dont think is really worth it, because when they find an exploit it becomes announced before nintendo can patch it up, but good luck on your quest