NAND clogged up but I can't find data

noodles1012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm using NUSspli with a Chromebook. I've been installing to NAND and from there moved games to HDD, because sometimes it doesn't install straight to HDD. I downloaded a big game, it started installing, but then the screen just went back to NUSspli home screen, no red or green screen. Now I have something stuck in NAND settings, but I can't see what it is. Usually it says '20GB free space'. Everything else still works fine though.
I left it on delete in settings for a few hours, but nothing happens. I have an FTP app, but I can neither see the game nor the game number anywhere. If I factory reset, it won't recognise my HDD anymore.
Any ideas how I can delete this file residue from my NAND? I can't use USB helper, because it doesn't work on Chrome.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG20220421085433.jpg
    IMG20220421085433.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG20220421084756.jpg
    IMG20220421084756.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 59

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Any ideas how I can delete this file residue from my NAND?
Clear mlc:/usr/import/ and mlc:/sys/import/ (so do not delete the import folders but their contents)
I've been installing to NAND and from there moved games to HDD, because sometimes it doesn't install straight to HDD.
Sounds like some power issue to me and you should really sort this out instead of wearing out your NAND. Are you using a Y-cable or an external power source for the HDD?

//EDIT:
it started installing, but then the screen just went back to NUSspli home screen, no red or green screen.
Would be great if you could open a bug report for this at https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/issues cause normally NUSspli should clean the import dirs for you and show a red error screen.

//EDIT²: I just checked codes and the only way the installation ends like you described is when RAM is full (cause full RAM means also no RAM available to show an error screen). That should never happen through so could you tell me the title ID you tried to install, please?

//EDIT³: Or did you use NUSspli for a longer period of time, like downloading and installing multiple games in a row? Cause that might be a sign of a memory leak.

Last edited by V10lator,

noodles1012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Clear mlc:/usr/import/ and mlc:/sys/import/ (so do not delete the import folders but their contents)

Sounds like some power issue to me and you should really sort this out instead of wearing out your NAND. Are you using a Y-cable or an external power source for the HDD?

//EDIT:

Would be great if you could open a bug report for this at https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/issues cause normally NUSspli should clean the import dirs for you and show a red error screen.

//EDIT²: I just checked codes and the only way the installation ends like you described is when RAM is full (cause full RAM means also no RAM available to show an error screen). That should never happen through so could you tell me the title ID you tried to install, please?

//EDIT³: Or did you use NUSspli for a longer period of time, like downloading and installing multiple games in a row? Cause that might be a sign of a memory leak.

It worked, thanks. But weirdly, when I try to update to 1.88 I still get an error message that there is not space left on disk. In case anyone else had this? But I have 25GB on NAND now.

Yes, I have a Y cable, but everything is very sensitive. As soon as I touch the cable, the HDD disconnects.

I have a few biggish games left, if it happens again, I'll do a bug report, ok? As I think it was the NAND being clogged up. I do always check in between that everything is clean. But this was Lego: City Undercover at 18GB [0005000010101a00], so probably too much for the NAND.

//EDIT:

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it was the NAND being clogged up.
Yea MCP (the Wii Us Master Control Program) might have freaked out, incorrectly reporting no free RAM. Technical explaination: It's not NUSspli installing but MCP. NUSspli just tells MCP where to find the installation files, frequently asks MCP for the current state and at the end MCP tells NUSspli if installation worked or not. In case it didn't work MCP gives an error report and in your case it seems MCP reported installation failed cause of no free RAM.

noodles1012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yea MCP (the Wii Us Master Control Program) might have freaked out, incorrectly reporting no free RAM. Technical explaination: It's not NUSspli installing but MCP. NUSspli just tells MCP where to find the installation files, frequently asks MCP for the current state and at the end MCP tells NUSspli if installation worked or not. In case it didn't work MCP gives an error report and in your case it seems MCP reported installation failed cause of no free RAM.
I've just tried to install Smash Bros Brawl directly to HDD. It downloads and during installing I get a red screen 'possible USB failure also files might be corrupt'.
I've cleaned the import folder of my HDD with FTP, there was a lot of stuff, hopefully all useless.
NUSspli still won't update.....
I will just continue trying to put slightly smaller games straight to HDD.

noodles1012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've just tried to install Smash Bros Brawl directly to HDD. It downloads and during installing I get a red screen 'possible USB failure also files might be corrupt'.
I've cleaned the import folder of my HDD with FTP, there was a lot of stuff, hopefully all useless.
NUSspli still won't update.....
I will just continue trying to put slightly smaller games straight to HDD.
Getting this a lot (screenshot) with bigger games. I will now try again to install to NAND and then move to HDD.

Attachments

• IMG20220404112617.jpg
    IMG20220404112617.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 66

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: ohio