ROM Hack Nanashi no Game

Sanky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Seriously, XKeeper, if you came in here just to stir up crap, expect your posts to be removed soon.
Cut it with this attitude, or you might even face a suspension.
Criticism is always welcome, bashing everything and everyone (especially a translator/hacker's hard work) is not.
Feel free to open up another thread and create a better translation, if you feel like you could be doing oh-so-much better.
Really, now? Xkeeper raises valid questions about the patch and has explained his reasoning, while all you can say is "do it yourself" (a common reply!), shout at him, claim he's bitching and making demands. Neither the translation nor the work on it is being criticized; it's the stance the creators take.

To be honest, I don't see the point of hiding the whole thing, either. Translations should be collaborative so mistakes can be picked early on and controversial parts decided upon publicly. Can we at least get to hear why this isn't happening? Before you starts on this again, nobody says we're entitled to it, but there's no real point in not doing it if it the patch could only benefit from it — and I think we all want to see the translation be good.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sanky said:
raulpica said:
Seriously, XKeeper, if you came in here just to stir up crap, expect your posts to be removed soon.
Criticism is always welcome, bashing everything and everyone (especially a translator/hacker's hard work) is not.
Feel free to open up another thread and create a better translation, if you feel like you could be doing oh-so-much better.
Really, now? Xkeeper raises valid questions about the patch and has explained his reasoning, while all you can say is "do it yourself" (a common reply!), shout at him, claim he's bitching and making demands. The translation nor the work on it isn't being criticized; it's the stance the creators take.

To be honest, I don't see the point of hiding the whole thing, either. Translations should be collaborative so mistakes can be picked early on and controversial parts decided upon publicly. Can we at least get to hear why this isn't happening? Before you starts on this again, nobody says we're entitled to it, but there's no real point in not doing it if it the patch could only benefit from it — and I think we all want to see the translation be good.
The creator can do whatever he wants with his project really. They don't have to show all of their progress, it's their decision. We can't tell them to show there source if they don't want too.

It's not a bad thing to ask why they're hiding it, but if they don't want to show it then they don't want too.

Xkeeper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SignZ said:
It's funny how you think they have to actually show you/us the progress.
wink.gif
Hell, you probably think they have to keep working on it and release a patch as soon as they are finished, right?
Well, guess what. NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU WANT. Stop bitching around if you don't even care about playing the game. I mean, why the fuck do you visit this thread then? To take a look at pictures of the progress? What for?! So you can steal work or what.
You know, it's funny how there are always idiots annoying persons like you, making demands, wanting translation teams to work like you want and probably killing the whole project with your attitude. Oh wait, who am I telling, I mean it's not like you actually care, right?
wink.gif

Back to topic: I for one am really looking forward to the release, but take all the time you need. Those that aren't named Xkeeper got plenty of patience.
smile.gif

They don't have to, but they should. I would rather see progress, even if slow, than a rushed "Already 100% done in only a few weeks! We're so awesome!" mess of a patch. Then again, I happen to be good friends with someone running a more competently-organized translation effort, and that has taken a long time to get to where it is (years, even). So the patience thing is a bunch of BS.

I would just rather see a quality one than a rushed one, and as I have said, what has been shown is not reassuring. I don't know what you people find so offensive about someone not liking the work you are doing. You act as if I am stabbing through your hearts! ...

Though it is kind of amusing. A few friends and I are getting a laugh out of your antics elsewhere because of how ridiculous this forum seems to be about these matters.

raulpica said:
Seriously, Xkeeper, if you came in here just to stir up crap, expect your posts to be removed soon.

I love how you idiots can take "I don't like how this is being handled" into bashing everybody/everything. What I see does not inspire confidence in me or several others who have actually looked in-depth at this game and its story. God forbid someone says something about it, everybody here gets their panties in a knot and throws a temper tantrum because their local deity of translating/hacking's obviously mastered skills were called into question.

QUOTE(KirbyBoy @ Sep 3 2011, 03:33 PM)
Translators always have the final say on what they want to do with their project. They can chose whatever font they want or anything, even to make it closed. They also don't' have to report on anything at all. They can also leave the project all together. Be lucky that anyone deiced to spend there own time translating a game.
Is spelling that difficult for you? Even with most modern browsers having spell-checking built in? But I digress...

You're right. I really am lucky when someone makes an English translation. I mean, it's English, and that's great!

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xkeeper said:
SignZ said:
It's funny how you think they have to actually show you/us the progress.
wink.gif
Hell, you probably think they have to keep working on it and release a patch as soon as they are finished, right?
Well, guess what. NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU WANT. Stop bitching around if you don't even care about playing the game. I mean, why the fuck do you visit this thread then? To take a look at pictures of the progress? What for?! So you can steal work or what.
You know, it's funny how there are always idiots annoying persons like you, making demands, wanting translation teams to work like you want and probably killing the whole project with your attitude. Oh wait, who am I telling, I mean it's not like you actually care, right?
wink.gif

Back to topic: I for one am really looking forward to the release, but take all the time you need. Those that aren't named Xkeeper got plenty of patience.
smile.gif

They don't have to, but they should. I would rather see progress, even if slow, than a rushed "Already 100% done in only a few weeks! We're so awesome!" mess of a patch. Then again, I happen to be good friends with someone running a more competently-organized translation effort, and that has taken a long time to get to where it is (years, even). So the patience thing is a bunch of BS.

I would just rather see a quality one than a rushed one, and as I have said, what has been shown is not reassuring. I don't know what you people find so offensive about someone not liking the work you are doing. You act as if I am stabbing through your hearts! ...

Though it is kind of amusing. A few friends and I are getting a laugh out of your antics elsewhere because of how ridiculous this forum seems to be about these matters.

I'm actually getting a laugh out of you for taking something like this so seriously.

raulpica said:
Seriously, Xkeeper, if you came in here just to stir up crap, expect your posts to be removed soon.

I love how you idiots can take "I don't like how this is being handled" into bashing everybody/everything. What I see does not inspire confidence in me or several others who have actually looked in-depth at this game and its story. God forbid someone says something about it, everybody here gets their panties in a knot and throws a temper tantrum because their local deity of translating/hacking's obviously mastered skills were called into question.

I also love how you're calling people idoits, real mature of you.

QUOTE(KirbyBoy @ Sep 3 2011, 03:33 PM)
Translators always have the final say on what they want to do with their project. They can chose whatever font they want or anything, even to make it closed. They also don't' have to report on anything at all. They can also leave the project all together. Be lucky that anyone deiced to spend there own time translating a game.
Is spelling that difficult for you? Even with most modern browsers having spell-checking built in? But I digress...

You're right. I really am lucky when someone makes an English translation. I mean, it's English, and that's great!

You're right too! It such a good thing to have a translation!

(Also anyone can make typos)

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Xkeeper, Thank you very much for calling me an idiot. I do really appreciate that.
First of, I never said it was hard or not, I said that they've inserted their own font long ago.
And then, you wonder how we know that it'll be a quality translation? Well, how the FUCK do you know it won't be. Quoting you here: "I guess I didn't realize that wanting to see a quality translation was such a problem for you people."
Of course we want quality, if it is an option... and it does certainly seem like this will be top quality. it is you and you alone who think, or know, that it isn't... and why is that? because you're not part of the team. go cry somewhere else.

Xkeeper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
it is you and you alone who think, or know, that it isn't... and why is that? because you're not part of the team. go cry somewhere else.

Or maybe it's because of what's been posted so far.
emot-ssh.gif

I would love to be wrong about it being a low-quality translation, but so far there has not been any evidence to that effect, and therein lay one of the root problems. That's all, really.

Also, let it be shown that I was not the first one to use the word "idiot" here, so please remember to only bite off what you can chew, and do not cry fowl when someone uses your words against you. See the following quote.
QUOTEWell, guess what. NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU WANT. Stop bitching around if you don't even care about playing the game. I mean, why the fuck do you visit this thread then? To take a look at pictures of the progress? What for?! So you can steal work or what.
You people are funny. Stealing work... What do you think you are doing? Did you write the story? Did you create the gameplay? Did you invest money into the creation of this game? Did you even purchase it?
No, no, no, no, no, and no. In fact, most of you are more than willing to put it on your flash carts without ever even acknowledging the original source of the game you're playing, just like most other games.

So to turn around and baselessly accuse me of "stealing work"... hahaha. You people are great comedy if nothing else, I commend you!

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xkeeper said:
Issac said:
it is you and you alone who think, or know, that it isn't... and why is that? because you're not part of the team. go cry somewhere else.

Or maybe it's because of what's been posted so far.
emot-ssh.gif

I would love to be wrong about it being a low-quality translation, but so far there has not been any evidence to that effect, and therein lay one of the root problems. That's all, really.

Also, let it be shown that I was not the first one to use the word "idiot" here, so please remember to only bite off what you can chew, and do not cry fowl when someone uses your words against you. See the following quote.
QUOTEWell, guess what. NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU WANT. Stop bitching around if you don't even care about playing the game. I mean, why the fuck do you visit this thread then? To take a look at pictures of the progress? What for?! So you can steal work or what.
You people are funny. Stealing work... What do you think you are doing? Did you write the story? Did you create the gameplay? Did you invest money into the creation of this game? Did you even purchase it?
No, no, no, no, no, and no. In fact, most of you are more than willing to put it on your flash carts without ever even acknowledging the original source of the game you're playing, just like most other games.

So to turn around and baselessly accuse me of "stealing work"... hahaha. You people are great comedy if nothing else, I commend you!

I find it odd really. Why do you care so much about not seeing work? If you really wanted to see some work all you have to do was ask. If the creator didn't want to show their work, where is the problem in that? Sure, there could be a possibility that the translation could be low quality. But it could be also Good Quality. You can't just say that the translation is going to be bad if you haven't even seen any of it. Nor could I or anyone say that it was also good. We haven't seen anything, and if it's the translators decision to not show us, then we just have to live with it.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xkeeper said:
KirbyBoy said:
You can't just say that the translation is going to be bad if you haven't even seen any of it.
Some small parts of it have been posted!
emot-ssh.gif
Yes, but the bulk has not. So we can't say for sure whether or not it's actually going to be good or bad.

I can understand why you would want too see more of it, you're curious as to whether or not this translation is of good quality. Even I am. But it's up to the creator whether or not he/she wants too show more.

T.Kuranari

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xkeeper somewhat has a point, but still a private fan translation project doesn't mean its translation will be low quality. The Tales of Innocence translation project was always private with no demo or beta patches and no access to the progress and what did people get in the end? An awesome high quality translation.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T.Kuranari said:
Xkeeper somewhat has a point, but still a private fan translation project doesn't mean its translation will be low quality. The Tales of Innocence translation project was always private with no demo or beta patches and no access to the progress and what did people get in the end? An awesome high quality translation.
Exactly. Private does not always mean that the final product will be low quality.

aibaby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just waiting "and hoping" that raulpica or someone from the same group to clean this up and let the topic get back on track.

Xkeeper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aibaby said:
I'm just waiting "and hoping" that raulpica or someone from the same group to clean this up and let the topic get back on track.
How is a discussion of the translation not on track, unless your definition is simply heaping on nothing but praise, damned be anybody who disagrees?

Ryusui

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
watercrown.info
XP
Country
United States
Look, the only issue you've raised is that the translators haven't made every if, and, and thus of their project open to public scrutiny. If you have a point besides "I arbitrarily do not trust these people to deliver a quality translation," I haven't seen it yet.

Yes, all the text has already been translated. There's not that much to translate. Less than Sylvanian Families, and much less than Breath of Fire 2. Plus Nagato is some kind of DS hacking demigod.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ryusui said:
Look, the only issue you've raised is that the translators haven't made every if, and, and thus of their project open to public scrutiny.
That is, in no way, horrible or causing a decrease in translation quality. Though, look at the Absolute Zero and Aeon Genesis translation groups! Neither of them give out any information on their translation besides a screenshot or two now and then (though Aeon Genesis has a general progress bar for each translation project, but that isn't always updated). But even without all of that, you can still trust them to give out top-quality translations.

Sure, I can see why Xkeeper would say that: this isn't a well-known translation group with a lot of good translations on their resume. This is a rag-tag team of people who decided to translate a game out of nowhere. From what I can gather, they've never worked together before, and you can't be sure of the quality of translations they do.

But repeatedly saying that won't get you anywhere, Xkeeper. Asking for late-game images to verify translation quality being consistent with the few images we've seen of the beginning of the game would be pointless, especially for people who HAVEN'T played the game and don't want any more spoilers than whatever they've gotten before this thread was even recognized as the meeting place for the translators.

You'll just have to sit tight like everyone else and wait like a good little GBATemp user.

duckmouth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Xkeeper said:

Nor is there any evidence to the contrary, other than the speed with which it was completed. I refer you to post 205 for my thoughts on that.

Your arrogance defies belief. You have no idea who the team are, or what standard of work they are capable of, yet you automatically assume you could do better? And you call people out on obvious typographical errors? Who are you? What are your qualifications? Where do you work?

If the abomination of a website you linked to in post 290 is indicative of the standard of work you are happy to associate yourself with then the less you have to do with this the better.

Can this arrogant imbecile be banned before he derails a good thread, and project, further than he already has?

Xkeeper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duckmouth said:
Xkeeper said:

Nor is there any evidence to the contrary, other than the speed with which it was completed. I refer you to post 205 for my thoughts on that.

Your arrogance defies belief. You have no idea who the team are, or what standard of work they are capable of, yet you automatically assume you could do better? And you call people out on obvious typographical errors? Who are you? What are your qualifications? Where do you work?

If the abomination of a website you linked to in post 290 is indicative of the standard of work you are happy to associate yourself with then the less you have to do with this the better.

Can this arrogant imbecile be banned before he derails a good thread, and project, further than he already has?

Sorry, but if you're too lazy to right click words that are even highlighted for you and choose the right spelling, you really have no business insulting others.

Nor is there any evidence to the contrary, other than the speed with which it was completed.
There actually is, from what has been posted, which is the entire goddamn point I've been trying to make. For Christ's sake, get some reading comprehension.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: