ROM Hack Nanashi no Game

jadawin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For those of you the patch didn't work, be sure not to confuse the first game with its sequel named "Nanashi no Geemu me" (note the addition "me" in the ending). Otherwise you 'll get the note:

Input file"............"
Did not match the expected MD5 hash: "EE9BCF9A65F7A01BDABBA79053280922"

To all the team that worked for the release, I thank you very much. You made me happy!

G-Han

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Although I haven't been able to be as active as I hoped to be (guess what? two months and still no internet connection on pc), it's great to see the patch is finally completed! I thank Nagato, summvs and Ryusui for the great work, co-operation and introduction to the world of game translation. Yes, I did read every Assembla update in my inbox.

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
MD5: 56CEFC495C66621605F00D4978DBB226
wood r4, no$gba, desmume.
At game begining:
30832.png

30859.png

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Good work guys.

As wanted, I give you feedback about the game.
It's nothing very important but still, if possible to clear...better.

First PC side: still problems with the drag and drop version of the updated patch. The batch gone thru but still had the original unpatched rom. This on win xp sp3. Using the unnamed and double click version, everything gone right.

NDSi XL 1.4U with DsTwo card ...sorry, forgot the FW version but is one between august and september this year and playing male:
-The game icon and the "7 days left" in the TS system screen are scrambled (wrong tiles on the wrong places).
-The title screen of the first "downloaded" game (the game similar to FF1) is scrambled too.
-Still on the same game, while moving there are some scrambled tiles too that just appear while you are moving, if you stay still everything ok.

I will post some pics later because this pc doens't have bloetooth.

EDIT: I was too slow writing this :(
My glitch are the same as above.
By the way, if this was intentional, better make a warning because almost everybody will report this.

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your hard work Nagato! I'm playing this on my IEDGE and I have encounterd no problems so far. I saw a video walkthrough of this game way back but It feels way scarier when you're actually playing it!

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much everyone for your hard work. :bow:

The game works fine on my R4 with Wood.

Got a little problem when patching it. (The first drag and drop method didn't work for me, but it worked after I moved my rom to the same folder as the patch and rename it to ind-nngj.nds.)

Noticed something that I thought were bugs, but then I read the first post and what I intended to report are in the list. :P So, so far, no bugs to report yet.

Things NOT considered bugs:
- Anything relating to UK English
- A player's name causing line breaks sooner than usual
- Any and all glitchy graphics/text

The game's so scary. I played for like 10 minutes and I'll wait until tomorrow to continue playing. (I don't want to play it at night. It's too scary. T_T)

Thank you all again for this wonderful project. :yay:

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for fixing the batch.

I'm in "5 days left" chapter and it's creepy x__x
Not being able to save when we want is even more stressful haha

The same, I'm scared to touch my DS now... :(

It's so damned scary, the SPOILER SPOILER ALERT

freaking zombie/ghost things and their moaning is so friggin scary

Reactions: 1 person

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You guys have accomplished what I've been trying to do since DarthNemesis fell off the radar, which was to breathe some life back into the ROM translation scene. This sets a new bar for how translation patches should be. I hope other would-be translators will take a page out of your book and deliver quality translations, not garbage full of ass and fail as has been the prevailing trend in the past.

Well done.

Reactions: 3 people

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This really looks nice, iirc there was a sequel or prequel to this? I remember someone saying this, if so are you planning on translating it?

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
From my experience the translation scene was much more alive many years back even if it was harder and more difficult to hack/translate games as today especially because we all had some sort of computer/programming school now.
What changed and made the scene almost die is when many people (especially users that never translated anything) started to post too many critics about quality of a translation (and probably that they would have it done better and faster) and the good people on hacking just say that's a translation was bad because the author didn't rip the game apart, changed the font, added VWF, reprogrammed all censored/ modified part, retranslated from japanese original even if there was a USA release and rebuilded the game.
10-15 years back, the most people was happy to play and understand a game in a language we didn't know and was ready to accept abbreviation like DrgRng (Dragon Ring) but today it's not acceptable anymore.
Much more is expected from a translation today and sadly there is less rewards for the work done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free