Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Goli said:
Nathan Drake said:
prowler_ said:
Nathan Drake said:
Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel isn't really a game. I feel like it is the equivalent of posting a movie that had a UMD version and telling people to name that.It classed as a game.QUOTEAs viewers progress through the story, they can zoom in and out of the images using the analogue stick and scan specific points of interest. These scanned images are then stored in a library of hundreds of similarly noteworthy elements, which can then be linked together, to access more in depth information.

That's an in-depth visual novel, not a game. There is nothing that can actually be classified as gameplay, not even in a non-traditional sense.
So visual novels aren't games anymore? ):
P3 just became 75% less game.

Persona 3? It's an RPG. It has a simulation portion during the day, which is classified as a form of game, and is total RPG at night. I can't understand where this argument is coming from.

Are we going to start calling Kindle's handheld gaming devices now? It is not a game if you do not play it.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Final Fantasy Crystal Defenders
QUOTE said:
Persona 3? It's an RPG. It has a simulation portion during the day, which is classified as a form of game, and is total RPG at night. I can't understand where this argument is coming from.

Are we going to start calling Kindle's handheld gaming devices now? It is not a game if you do not play it.
P3 is more visual novel, the stuff you do at night time is like 10% if you don't bother grinding.

Fact is, MGS is a game. You don't see that shit happening on a movie UMD.
Visual Novels are games, just because you don't get to move about in them and swing your sword does not make it any less than a game

B

ball2012003

Nathan Drake said:
Goli said:
Nathan Drake said:
prowler_ said:
Nathan Drake said:
Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel isn't really a game. I feel like it is the equivalent of posting a movie that had a UMD version and telling people to name that.It classed as a game.QUOTEAs viewers progress through the story, they can zoom in and out of the images using the analogue stick and scan specific points of interest. These scanned images are then stored in a library of hundreds of similarly noteworthy elements, which can then be linked together, to access more in depth information.

That's an in-depth visual novel, not a game. There is nothing that can actually be classified as gameplay, not even in a non-traditional sense.
So visual novels aren't games anymore? ):
P3 just became 75% less game.

Whether its considered a game or not, its done already so lets just move on.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
Final Fantasy Crystal Defenders
QUOTE said:

P3 is more visual novel, the stuff you do at night time is like 10% if you don't bother grinding.

Fact is, MGS is a game. You don't see that shit happening on a movie UMD.
Visual Novels are games, just because you don't get to move about in them and swing your sword does not make it any less than a game

Once again, I ask; does this mean Kindles get to enter the handheld gaming market? No. No. No. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, game, Ac!d, game, Ac!d 2, game, Portable Ops, game. A visual novel features no gameplay, no game ending decisions, or even drastic decisions. You can not achieve a game over. You do nothing imperative to the progression of the story past going to the next page. Even comparing it to Persona 3 is basically bashing what is actually a solid game into the dirt. You can't compare something that actually has gameplay with something that does not. Oh, the RPG element is only 10%? Lets go ahead and forget the daytime decisions that affect Social Links which directly goes to fusing Personas at the Velvet Room. Everything you do during the day is done to make the night time experience easier, more fulfilling, and more exciting. The day contains actual gameplay of its own, decisions you can not undo that ultimately rule how your social links will grow.

Or have you only played 10 minutes of the game? Find a better example. You're comparing apples to a fucking UFO.

Next game while I continue WINNING:

herpDERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERiojsaifjasisdopikgpspoasiofjdspfos[gosp]sp[fosdpgi[opgksaopgljfsahifsauitahwejsioklgfjicdkvbjnxmcvkbzlngsasdfnahjasoisaop[gfjispfojasdfiokfjasodisaokgjdfgiokjdfkgjndfsgkjdsfsfd.jpg

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Nathan Drake said:
Or have you only played 10 minutes of the game? Find a better example.I've clocked around 30 hours into P3P, why do you ask?
Nathan Drake-kun, will you go out with me to eat noodles after class? DON'T GO TALKING TO OTHER BOYSQUOTEA visual novel features no gameplay, no game ending decisions, or even drastic decisions. You can not achieve a game over. You do nothing imperative to the progression of the story past going to the next page.
You've basically just described what a VN is not like, well done.

Anyway, clearly you are not backing down, so I will.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
Nathan Drake said:
Or have you only played 10 minutes of the game? Find a better example.I've clocked around 30 hours into P3P, why do you ask?
Nathan Drake-kun, will you go out with me to eat noodles after class? DON'T GO TALKING TO OTHER BOYSQUOTEA visual novel features no gameplay, no game ending decisions, or even drastic decisions. You can not achieve a game over. You do nothing imperative to the progression of the story past going to the next page.
You've basically just described what a visual novel is, well done.

Anyway, clearly you are not backing down, so I will.

It's just my personal belief. I never mean harm or to be an ass (okay, sometimes I do), but my posts just come off as aggressive anyways.

ANYWAAAAAYS, next game? :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/hgGA3axH1ec?si=NzHnqwUkhZJr8eqi