Hacking Naehrwerts Riivolution boot.elf unpacker

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there a source for this? (As in where it came from, not source code). Never heard of "Naehrwert" before, but this is quite disrespectful to the devs of Riivolution IMO. If they wan't details of how Riivolution worked in the public, they would have made it open source.

Reactions: 1 person

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
It's not like this really released any secrets. Other people have reversed riivolution already. This is nothing new, but most other people on this forum did not have enough knowledge to even bring it this far.

But as it was said to me previously, before Newer SMBW gets released, they will have to release an updated version of riivolution to make newer work. But that is just hearsay.

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
Is there a source for this? (As in where it came from, not source code). Never heard of "Naehrwert" before, but this is quite disrespectful to the devs of Riivolution IMO. If they wan't details of how Riivolution worked in the public, they would have made it open source.
Never heard of "Team Twiizers" before, but this is quite disrespectful to the devs of Nintendo IMO. If they wan't details of how the Wii worked in the public, they would have made it open source.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of "Team Twiizers" before, but this is quite disrespectful to the devs of Nintendo IMO. If they wan't details of how the Wii worked in the public, they would have made it open source.
You never have heard of Team Twiizers?!?!? How heavy is that rock that you live under? They created HBC, BootMii, the HackMii installer, and many exploits.

Nintendo did not develop riivolution. Riivolution is unauthorized code.

I would normally say "from one thief to another", but the riivolution team has always made the compatibility solely for those that own the retail disc. Although they support homebrew, they don't want to go out of their way to support or promote piracy. I do feel that this is sorta disrespectful to the riivolution team, but I'm not going to shed a tear over it.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You never have heard of Team Twiizers?!?!?
I think snikerz was saying this in a sarcastic way (a "ditto") to Sifjar for not knowing who's "Naehrwert".

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh.

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know enough about this to move much farther. I got the payload out of the boot.elf. Ran his program on the payload which uncompressed it into a slightly larger file and now I don't quite get where to go in IDA Pro to continue...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated