• Start date
  • Views 352,614
  • Replies 1,893
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted_171835

OP
fishykipper said:
I caught a shiny purple Audino last night!
STOKED!!!!
Audino sucks. Whenever I enter a shaking patch of grass hoping for a rare Pokemon, I see a goddamn Audino.

Now that we're talking about shiny Pokemon, I recently caught a shiny Woobat!
woobat.png

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
SoulSnatcher said:
Narayan said:
it's a strategy to promote multiplayer and partly advertising. sorry i don't feel like explaining the latter.
You don't feel like explaining what it has to do with advertising because you don't have a proper reason.
yeah, it's 2:45 am. and it's not that convincing.
biggrin.gif
forgot to put 'maybe' and that it's only an opinion.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
fishykipper said:
STOKED!!!!
Audino sucks. Whenever I enter a shaking patch of grass hoping for a rare Pokemon, I see a goddamn Audino.

woobat.png
You mean in this game you actually get to see shiny Pokemon?! *gasp!*
biggrin.gif
For all those countless hours spent on Pokemon Yellow, Silver and Sapphire I've seen only one shiny Pokemon, and that is the red Gyarados (which might have been scripted though). So it's easier to meet/see one there?

Online play -> I'm just afraid I might battle hackers and people who play Pokemon hardcore, as I want to play the game for fun, and not go tracking every single battle, calculate the growth and so on...I loved the way Gen 1 and 2 was, the introduction of hidden numbers in Gen IV made it like Oblivion, where you have to count everything in order not to have 0 0 0 0 1 0 level up (this happened to my Psyduck in a cave when I tried Gen IV!).

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Fel said:
biggrin.gif
For all those countless hours spent on Pokemon Yellow, Silver and Sapphire I've seen only one shiny Pokemon, and that is the red Gyarados (which might have been scripted though). So it's easier to meet/see one there?

Online play -> I'm just afraid I might battle hackers and people who play Pokemon hardcore, as I want to play the game for fun, and not go tracking every single battle, calculate the growth and so on...I loved the way Gen 1 and 2 was, the introduction of hidden numbers in Gen IV made it like Oblivion, where you have to count everything in order not to have 0 0 0 0 1 0 level up (this happened to my Psyduck in a cave when I tried Gen IV!).
The probability of finding in a shiny Pokemon in the wild is 1/8192 so they're still quite rare. If you use the Masuda method, though the probability of getting a shiny Pokemon (from an egg) is 1 in 1365.3!
ohmy.gif
Pokemon has math!

Sorry to disappoint you but the red Gyarados was scripted in. You had to catch/defeat the red Gyarados in order to advance through the story.

I don't blame you. I'm not very fond of EV training either but if I don't EV train, I don't stand a chance against other people on Wi-Fi.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
Fel said:
biggrin.gif

The probability of finding in a shiny Pokemon in the wild is 1/8192 so they're still quite rare. If you use the Masuda method, though the probability of getting a shiny Pokemon (from an egg) is 1 in 1365.3!
ohmy.gif
Pokemon has math!

Sorry to disappoint you but the red Gyarados was scripted in. You had to catch/defeat the red Gyarados in order to advance through the story.

I don't blame you. I'm not very fond of EV training either but if I don't EV train, I don't stand a chance against other people on Wi-Fi.
Ah, so I had been correct then - I had thought it was scripted, so I'm not disappointed.

I hope I didn't get my hopes up, the way you two mentioned meeting Audino in shaking grass sounded like it happens often, or at least more than 0/0 times like I had in those previous games.
biggrin.gif

Is the EV training easier, or at least explained/acknowledged in these two games?

iNuKe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight, you can't use AR DS with Firmware 1.60 for codes because Pkmn black and white aren't compatible with it only 1.71?? unless you have DSI with 1.21 or 1.25 i think..

Is this true has anyone found a loophole and has got working codes made with 1.60 firmware??

Then why on earth is Pokemon Platinum compatible with 1.60?! What makes Pokemon Black and White so much different then Platinum that they just had to update the firmware for it.

1.60 was fine it had no flaws or problems with it, they should of made this backwards compatible..

Because my drivers is messed up on the NDS link for 1.60 AR manager and I can't update until its fixed -.-

Could someone explain this? I'm not going to use AR for cheats I just want to know the compatibility issues with it, only time I use is if a pokemon is impossible to get through a pokedex on a certain game such as missed event Arceus IE etc.

Thanks and please if this is not aloud in this section please move it, although I did not see any no AR discussion here in the Q&A.

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does the U version work with a EU sav? can i make an account on the pokemon trainer club with my country as canada and still be able to use my EU rom for wifi stuff?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't think I need to make a topic since this is asking for help about this game. I want a Riolu, it most be male, can be shinny, I don't really care, but it most be legit. Not one from Pokesav nor cheats, it most be a real Riolu.
I am playing Pokemon Black and I am offering a Zorua or an Absol, both legit.
Please PM me if interested so I can give you my friend code

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
SoulSnatcher said:
fishykipper said:
STOKED!!!!

woobat.png

biggrin.gif

EVs and IVs existed in GSC (and Im pretty sure at least IVs were in RGBY). Pokemon only got "really" competitive (IMO) in Gen 3, so that is when knowledge of IVs and EVs became commonplace.

Also, shinnies technically didn't exist in Yellow or the other Gen 1 games. When they were traded up to GSC, they had a chance to be shiny due to hidden values (not sure which though).

QUOTE(Fel @ Mar 19 2011, 05:35 PM)
Is the EV training easier, or at least explained/acknowledged in these two games?
To my knowledge is the same as it was in Gen 4. Check out Serebii.net and Bulbapedia for EV training guides.

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
Fel said:
biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif
Pokemon has math!

Isn't the chance of getting a shiny from masuda 1 in 2048 or something like that?

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Black ace said:
Isn't the chance of getting a shiny from masuda 1 in 2048 or something like that?
The chances of getting a shiny through the Masuda method was raised in Gen. V to to 1 in 1365.3

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
Black ace said:
The chances of getting a shiny through the Masuda method was raised in Gen. V to to 1 in 1365.3
wow! I might start to hatch shiny's again and most likely not fail like with the shiny treecko (hatched on the 2968 egg
dry.gif
)

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help me?
the guy in Opelucid City who gives you free props haven't been giving me any lately.

it's suppose to be a daily event but it's been 3 days.

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
Fel said:
gumbyx84 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
gumbyx84 said:
So its a 6x change of shiny vs the 4x in Gen 4? Any confirmation on that?
http://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml
Thanks. Looks like I might need to give this a try in the future.
I don't exactly get the chaining thing, how do you do it? (note: I haven't played the game yet, but I plan to buy it soon).
Chaining is only in pokemon diamond,pearl and platinum and it hasn't been in any other games past then

QUOTE(basher11 @ Mar 20 2011, 06:44 PM)
can anyone help me?
the guy in Opelucid City who gives you free props haven't been giving me any lately.

it's suppose to be a daily event but it's been 3 days.
Is there anything wrong with your ds clock(have you been changing the dates?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0