• Replies 1,893
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted_171835

OP
gumbyx84 said:
Demonbart said:
Gundam Eclipse said:
How many WiFi events have been done till now? Is there any way to get stuff from them if i missed them?
ohnoes.png
Only the victini event, which is still online. You could also download the distro card if you have 2 ds units.
Victini comes from Nintendo Wifi, not a distro cart. Once its gone, best you can hope for is to inject its wondercard info your save file using PokeSav (if you can with Gen 5).
http://gbatemp.net/t283192-ds-xxxx-victini...ion-cart-europe

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
gumbyx84 said:
Demonbart said:
Gundam Eclipse said:
How many WiFi events have been done till now? Is there any way to get stuff from them if i missed them?
ohnoes.png

Only the victini event, which is still online. You could also download the distro card if you have 2 ds units.
Victini comes from Nintendo Wifi, not a distro cart. Once its gone, best you can hope for is to inject its wondercard info your save file using PokeSav (if you can with Gen 5).

http://gbatemp.net/t283192-ds-xxxx-victini...ion-cart-europe
OK so there is. I'm assuming it works with US games because the US and EU games are the same?
Anyway if you want the "real" (if you can call it that) US Victini, you have to download it via Nintendo Wifi before April 10th (I think).

Dark Blade said:
QUOTE(Zorua @ Mar 17 2011, 11:35 AM)
QUOTE(Dark Blade @ Mar 17 2011, 06:02 PM)
Do japanese save files work with the EU release?
(Yeah, coming online after a LONG time)
tongue.gif

Yes, however you may encounter some minor glitches.
Like what? :/
The only glitch I know of is when you use a White save file in Black or vice-versa. The exclusive area (Black City/White Forest) is determined by the save file, not what game you are using it with. This causes some weird glitches if you fly to White Forest/Black City. (which I'm not sure you can even do without cheats).

mewtwo-EX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mewtwo-ex.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
Demonbart said:
Zorua said:
Dark Blade said:
Do japanese save files work with the EU release?
(Yeah, coming online after a LONG time)
tongue.gif

Yes, however you may encounter some minor glitches.
Like what? :/
The only glitch I know of is when you use a White save file in Black or vice-versa. The exclusive area (Black City/White Forest) is determined by the save file, not what game you are using it with. This causes some weird glitches if you fly to White Forest/Black City. (which I'm not sure you can even do without cheats).

I've had no flying glitches with the save swap, but I think he's talking about using the J version with E/U. From doing it in past generations, the only downside I see is having limited trainer / pokemon you've already caught names, and similar 5 vs 8 character differences. People will definitely know something is up if they look at your game.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm basing my info on this thread and other random stuff I've read online. Probably should have mentioned that I have not tested this myself (sorries). I'm playing on my retail cart for now, so I can't test it myself.

XP105

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if the ROMs will work for Dream World on March 30th? If anyone who used the Japanese ROM could confirm whether they could get on or not, that would probably go some way to telling us what we could expect. Also, are all pokemon available in Dream World? Could you fill your pokedex using Dream World? If not, which pokemon are excluded?

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no real way to know until the global link is up and running. Seeing as the JPN ROM worked, I see no reason why it wouldn't.

As for Pokemon available in the dream world and the mechanics of it, check Bulbapedia or Serebii. Most are available, excluding some or all legendaries.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
XP105 said:
Does anyone know if the ROMs will work for Dream World on March 30th? If anyone who used the Japanese ROM could confirm whether they could get on or not, that would probably go some way to telling us what we could expect. Also, are all pokemon available in Dream World? Could you fill your pokedex using Dream World? If not, which pokemon are excluded?

I was using the japanese rom and I could use the Dream World feature
smile.gif
You can fill some pokedex with pokemon there like igglybuff, politoed, vulpix, etc... check this out http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldabilities.shtml

mewtwo-EX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mewtwo-ex.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
m33st4 said:
Just one question, is there a reason why the game hangs when fighting Reshiram/Zekrom, or Vinctini (Happened to me so far) if I have AR on?
Real card or ROM? If ROM, which device? Either way, try disabling all but one cheat. Rotate through enabled cheats until you find the culprit. I've had no issues with Acekard 2i, but haven't tried cheats on a real card.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it true that Pokemon White has only 1 rotational battle and 4 triple battles (and vice versa for Black)? It seems illogical to me that they would implement so little!

To those that have played White version, how many rotational battles have you encountered so far?

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Fel said:
Is it true that Pokemon White has only 1 rotational battle and 4 triple battles (and vice versa for Black)? It seems illogical to me that they would implement so little!

To those that have played White version, how many rotational battles have you encountered so far?
I've only had about 2 rotation battles and 3 triple battles and I'm done the whole game.

I am disappointed that Nintendo didn't add more triple/rotation battles in the game. You can have a triple/rotation battle on Wi-Fi, though.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
Fel said:

I've only had about 2 rotation battles and 3 triple battles and I'm done the whole game.

I am disappointed that Nintendo didn't add more triple/rotation battles in the game. You can also have a triple/rotation battle on Wi-Fi, though.
It's such a pity, because they look great! Why add new battle mechanics and make them appear very rarely in the game?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Fel said:
It's such a pity, because they look great! Why add new battle mechanics and make them appear very rarely in the game?
because they want people to battle other people instead of just those in the game. they kinda let's you taste how good it feels and make you want more.

it's a strategy to promote multiplayer and partly advertising. sorry i don't feel like explaining the latter.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Narayan said:
it's a strategy to promote multiplayer and partly advertising. sorry i don't feel like explaining the latter.
You don't feel like explaining what it has to do with advertising because you don't have a proper reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm gonna invent something that fits in your pocket but can text and make phone calls!!!