• Replies 1,893
  • Likes 1

xXVisionZXx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zparks said:
What I posted was in no ways a patch, just a temporary work around the XP issue.
QUOTE said:
Erm im having trouble opening up Pokesav BW 0.06c imusing windows 7 and have avast anti virus=w=
I'm using the same; if anything I'm thinking it's due to 32/64 bit mode; you can always try running it as an administrator.
Ohhyehhi forgot about the bit im using 64bit maybe i got the wrong file

Zparks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IMO that's kinda irrelevant at this point, as far as I'm concerned if you're gonna play Pokémon seriously you're better of going retail version.
The only reason I don't have my retail versions is I live in Australia and isn't due out here till next week.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
xXVisionZXx said:
dukemagus said:
Zparks said:
rare candies = level up. thus no need for XP.

what about EVs?
When u use rare candies u dont get any EV's since u didnt try to lvl it on your own u dont get awarded extra stats =o
Then your pokemon suck and aren't worth the pixels they are made out of.
Your better off either buying the game or just waiting it out instead of doing something as dumb as using Rare candy to level up your pokemon

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I always screw up the EV's, and honestly, they don't matter if you don't play competitively. You could mess up the EV's completely and barely gain anything from the severe mess up made, and you could still beat the game no problem. No Pokemon game ever made has required that you even have to be aware that EV's exist. Hell, I didn't know they existed until Pearl Version, and I've been playing since I picked up Yellow Version when I was 9 or so.

Only in actual competition or legitimate online competition are EV's important. If you're just the casual player though, it's best not to worry about it. Rare Candy leveling is dumb though. Half the reward of playing is leveling up after a hard fight and getting that bad ass new move that you really could have used for the fight you just struggled to beat.

Freek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Your better off either buying the game or just waiting it out instead of doing something as dumb as using Rare candy to level up your pokemon

well someone takes pokemon a little too seriously

btw there are those of us who play pokemon just to play and have fun and could really careless about ev's and iv's and std's...it is a game after all

xXVisionZXx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xXVisionZXx said:
dukemagus said:
Zparks said:
rare candies = level up. thus no need for XP.

what about EVs?
When u use rare candies u dont get any EV's since u didnt try to lvl it on your own u dont get awarded extra stats =o
^ What he said!!
biggrin.gif

and goshhhh i cant open Pokesav BW 0.06c still =w= it opened when i first downloaded it but after i closed it it doesnt wanna open again
any ideas?

Sonataroger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freek said:

btw there are those of us who play pokemon just to play and have fun and could really careless about ev's and iv's and std's...it is a game after all

I second that motion

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Freek said:

Or quite possibly I was pointing something out. Leveling up your pokemon through rare candies won't help you in the long run of this game and will just make this game boring since you can't really enjoy the game without the main aspect of the game, that being the training.

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freek said:

Or quite possibly I was pointing something out. Leveling up your pokemon through rare candies won't help you in the long run of this game and will just make this game boring since you can't really enjoy the game without the main aspect of the game, that being the training.
Learned that lesson when I was a 9...
older brothers Lv 89 Charizard Smoked My Whole Team back in Pokemon Red and Blue
and all I used were rare candies and he used carbos hp ups and all the other ev and iv items :/
but now I can do ev and iv training very well

teleska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can fight all the monsters you want and then sparingly just use a rare candy when you think you should have leveled up. It's a work aroudn like the person said, until the AP fix is done.

You however do not gain EV's, but its not that big of a deal. Later when the ap fix is done you can gain them then. And if you have pokesav, just place some EV's in if you really want it.

Freek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

while i dont disagree that leveling up is very much a big part of the full pokemon experience....everyone enjoys this game differently...so while leveling up for you and i may be fun and whatnot...it maybe very tedious for some and those people just want to explore and catch pokemon and beat the game...thats exactly why we have so many AR codes and ways to get super elite pokemon...cuz everyone plays differently

so in the end yes leveling pokemon with rare candies is pretty lame....dont crap on other peoples gaming experience with you opinion...thats all

no hard feelings
biggrin.gif

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Freek said:

while i dont disagree that leveling up is very much a big part of the full pokemon experience....everyone enjoys this game differently...so while leveling up for you and i may be fun and whatnot...it maybe very tedious for some and those people just want to explore and catch pokemon and beat the game...thats exactly why we have so many AR codes and ways to get super elite pokemon...cuz everyone plays differently

so in the end yes leveling pokemon with rare candies is pretty lame....dont crap on other peoples gaming experience with you opinion...thats all

no hard feelings
biggrin.gif
True true, still if there is one AP, don't be shocked if there are more. It is a wiser idea to wait for a patch/update before trying anything.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Using something like Wood R4, I know a firmware update will happen with the fix. It's a matter of patience. I do want to play and beat the new generation though. It may not bring anything new to the table (oh boy, three on three battles, seven generations from now, we'll have 12 on 12), but the presentation is amazing. The utilization of the camera in this game along with the sped up battles and better battle animations make for an overall better experience.

Can't wait to see my little Pikachu pwn something with some epic thunder in Black.

I would say that there are more improvements here than the GBA to the DS personally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!