Misc Oldies N64 not detecting expansion pak. Any help?

cagerhager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my expansion pak installed yet when i run games that require it, it states it is not found. The games start up and work, so it is jumping the bridge for the system. I have tried two different expansion paks (both oem and were cleaned) and different games. Even my everdrive states it is not installed. I'm guessing it is a hardware/pin/chip malfunction. Any one have any suggestions?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I have my expansion pak installed yet when i run games that require it, it states it is not found. The games start up and work, so it is jumping the bridge for the system. I have tried two different expansion paks (both oem and were cleaned) and different games. Even my everdrive states it is not installed. I'm guessing it is a hardware/pin/chip malfunction. Any one have any suggestions?
Maybe the Expansion Port (where the Expansion Pak or Jumper Pak goes into it) plug/connector is dirty. Try cleaning it with 99% isopropyl alcohol, then let it dry, and try again

Reactions: cagerhager

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Gave 'er hell with 91% would the extra percent be much of a difference?
@cagerhager Yeah, because 91% percent has also water or any other substances (i don't know really).

So, ONLY USE VERY PURE ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL for cleaning electronics (minimum 99%), otherwise the damage will worsen.

Reactions: cagerhager

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system