N64 MARIO KART ROM HACK HELP

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by Bukket, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Bukket
    OP

Bukket Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2017
    Australia
    I need help making a ROM hack of Mario Kart 64 if someone could help me that would be great you will get full credit and everything here are the details

Title: RARE Racing 64

Description: Basically Mario Kart 64 but all the characters replaced with rare characters.

Reason: I'm Making repros and i want to have a version of mario kart 64 with rare characters some for friends and keep one

Characters: Conker, Berri, Banjo, Kazooie, Mumbo Jumbo, Bottles, Birdy, and Mr pants

Attached Files:

2. MrCatFace

MrCatFace GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2017
    Home (Is where the heart is, so my chest?)
    Not the best place to ask for help, but you could probably rip the models out of other games and use them to modify existing ones.

3. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    So...

Diddy Kong Racing?

bennyman123abc and th3joker like this.
  4. Bosca

Bosca Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2018
    Italy
    So, you basically want to make Diddy Kong Racing/Banjo Pilot?
    Mario Kart 64 characters are in fact animated 2d textures (two for each pose, head and body/kart), so my guess that's going to take a reaaally long time to pull off correctly, since there are dozens and dozens of animations :P

Also, I strongly advice against presenting an hack project without any kind of proof of concept\gameplay images. Showing a title screen (which you've not even implemented in the game, and which might be really the last of your problems for the project) and asking for people working everything else (without specifing what are your competences in regards to the project) doesn't sound good, if you ask me.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  5. Bukket
    OP

Bukket Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2017
    Australia
    how do i do that

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

yeah but with mario kart tracks