Homebrew RELEASE N64 dynarec is out as beta release

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone found a fix for this it’s driving me crazy I can not get n64 to run no matter what firmware I am on

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Same here same error no matter what game I try and play
How are you launching retroarch? Album? Retroarch nsp?

Are you a patron? If not you're wasting your time.
You don’t need to be a patreon to have mupen next working.

Soprano519

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you a patron? If not you're wasting your time.
That makes no sense. Why would I need to pay and become a patron for retro arch to work. It’s open sourced and free to use. I paid for the big red s already so I would have to pay to get files that just don’t sound right at all

How are you launching retroarch? Album? Retroarch nsp?

Nsp I just download the latest kosmos and still errors on me. I also tried on all other cfw and nothing. How do u put your cfw on do u use the git files or a all in one pack too ..
thanks

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you needed the patron to use the new features that were being discussed on previous page? Like using hekate and getting the patches? I'm pretty sure those are only for patrons. No where did I say you need to be a patron to use retroarch, but you need it for the newest method.

So I was able to get everything working. The issue was that I was chainloading fusee once inside hekate as I i only had the two .bins and was lacking files that Hekate required to even launch CFW (i.e. I wasng given the option to launch CFW within Hekate without these files) the author provided me withh the following.....

https://www.sdsetup.com/console?swi...os_bootlogo;atmos_fusee;atmos_sysftpd;hbmenu;

This will give you the base files needed...fusee primary needs to be added as reboot_payload.bin and the version of hekate with patches available to patrons as update.bin to the bootloader folder and obviously you need the mupen64next .nro that is modified for use with the special version of Hekate

At the end of the day the issue was that I overestimated my understanding of how hekate worked as I hadnt used it before (only ever used SX bootloader to load fusee primary .bin).....or in other words I was being a noob :P

SX bootloader using external payload DOES work with these Hekate patches if you launch cfw from Hekate...but chainloading to fusee once in Hekate bypasses the patching as was pointed out in Discord to me and was also highlighted elsewhere on the server though I was just ignorant of what that meant.

Is there ever a difference performance-wise!! Hybrid heaven seems completely playable with no OC whereas pre-patch it ran suuper slow to the point of not being able to enjoy it. The author is doing a really great job...I am very impressed with the fast progress :)

This method requires being a patron. No? He says in the post "and the version of hekate with patches available to patrons"

Last edited by ,

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That makes no sense. Why would I need to pay and become a patron for retro arch to work. It’s open sourced and free to use. I paid for the big red s already so I would have to pay to get files that just don’t sound right at all

Nsp isn’t supported due to it not working for some users, especially if it’s the retroarch nsp. If you want to use nsp either use the homebrew nsp or create your own that points to the retroarch_nro, I recommend nro2nsp.

The only supported method of launching retroarch is this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/use-atmosphere-to-access-full-ram-with-homebrews-without-nsp.521240/

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nsp isn’t supported due to it not working for some users, especially if it’s the retroarch nsp. If you want to use nsp either use the homebrew nsp or create your own that points to the retroarch_nro, I recommend nro2nsp.

The only supported method of launching retroarch is this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/use-atmosphere-to-access-full-ram-with-homebrews-without-nsp.521240/

He was trying to use the method that's only supported by patrons that's why I told him he's wasting him time. There's no need to be a patron with atmosphere but I don't believe m4xm will be updating that method any longer.

dj_elmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In this case we're paying the developer of the new mupen core $1+/mo for access to pre release testing builds that require additional patching at boot (unless you're 4.x fw) for significantly reduced recompiler stutter compared to the publicly available core that you can currently freely use as you wish.

I think I need to stop following this thread because it's just the same previously answered support questions over and over again for eternity

Even the currently public build of mupen next is fantastic and a huge leap ahead of what we had before, the patreon build so far has been butter smooth compared to the public one and I've enjoyed my time and learned alot trying new builds and chatting on the discord server. I can easily recommend supporting the developer even if there were no exclusive builds but no, no one is being forced to pay to play n64.

Last edited by dj_elmo,
Reactions: EmulateLife

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought you needed the patron to use the new features that were being discussed on previous page? Like using hekate and getting the patches? I'm pretty sure those are only for patrons. No where did I say you need to be a patron to use retroarch, but you need it for the newest method.

This method requires being a patron. No? He says in the post "and the version of hekate with patches available to patrons"
You’re quoting another user. This user just wants to get mupen working.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He quoted me not the other way around. I was trying to get the hekate method working. That's where the confusion came in where he quoted me how am I supposed to know he wanted a different method?

Last edited by ,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere/load through eshop game = officially supported (free)
NSP = not supported but working (free)
Hekate newest method/patches/this method will get all support going forward = patron

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere/load through eshop game = officially supported (free)
NSP = not supported but working (free)
Hekate newest method/patches/this method will get all support going forward = patron
when 7.0 cfw atmosphere support is available for everyone its when you will see the newer hehate released so stop spreading false hoods about support only being for patrons

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when 7.0 cfw atmosphere support is available for everyone its when you will see the newer hehate released so stop spreading false hoods about support only being for patrons

I said what I thought was right people make mistakes. As of right now what I said is factually right. Saying a fact is a falsehood because it's going to change later? Seems legit.

Last edited by ,

Soprano519

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s right I just want to get it to work again that’s it. So it worked perfectly fine with the beta and everything but now crashes so is what everyone is saying with the new updates to atmosphere and everything did that cause the crashes now what patched files are we talking about. I’m lost why it worked on like 0.8 but now the newer atmosphere it don’t. Nor any of the other cfw

atypicalchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That’s right I just want to get it to work again that’s it. So it worked perfectly fine with the beta and everything but now crashes so is what everyone is saying with the new updates to atmosphere and everything did that cause the crashes now what patched files are we talking about. I’m lost why it worked on like 0.8 but now the newer atmosphere it don’t. Nor any of the other cfw

I assume you are using the nightly? I'm not sure because Im using a different version atm but perhaps it's broken? They are nightlies so that can happen. I would try older builds maybe?

Edit...Reread the conversation...has anyone having problems on 6.2.0 tried whatever version of the .nro they are trying to use on the older version of Atmosphere?

Are you guys using a nigtly or the new stable?......These patches that others are talking about are unreleased and atmosphere launched through Hekate is required for it to work. Right now...as far as I know they should not be needed for the nightlies or the stable. The last nighty I used successfuly was 25/01 which works on Atmo (version before the newest release) and SXOS 2.5.3 or 2.5.2 (both)...I havent used the new stable....so maybe its broken but I would expect it not to be on the newest atmosphere

Last edited by atypicalchaos,

Soprano519

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you are using the nightly? I'm not sure because Im using a different version atm but perhaps it's broken? They are nightlies so that can happen. I would try older builds maybe?

Edit...Reread the conversation...has anyone having problems on 6.2.0 tried whatever version of the .nro they are trying to use on the older version of Atmosphere?

Are you guys using a nigtly or the new stable?......These patches that others are talking about are unreleased and atmosphere launched through Hekate is required for it to work. Right now...as far as I know they should not be needed for the nightlies or the stable. The last nighty I used successfuly was 25/01 which works on Atmo (version before the newest release) and SXOS 2.5.3 or 2.5.2 (both)...I havent used the new stable....so maybe its broken but I would expect it not to be on the newest atmosphere
Well that sounds good to hear thanks for clearing that up. I’m not using the nightly I only use stables but what I will do is use the nightly that u said worked and try it with sx

Well that sounds good to hear thanks for clearing that up. I’m not using the nightly I only use stables but what I will do is use the nightly that u said worked and try it with sx cause yea the new 1.7.6 does not work with sx reinx or atmosphere base so I’m guessing u do have to do something different. Where are these patches again the other person linked sdfiles but then someone else said u need to donate. So if I wanted to try it the way with these new files how would I go about that. Thanks for all the help

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I recently updated the official NSP from the RA website that m4xw recently updated. Now whenever I launch any version of mupen64 or mupen64-next the system crashes with error 2168-0002 requiring me to shut down the system and restart it.

I assume the obvious thing to do is not use the official RA nsp, but instead use the Atmosphere redirection method, right? If so, are there instructions to do this anywhere?

Alternately does anyone have the nsp prior to m4xw's changes from a couple of days ago? That one worked fine for me and never had any problems.

Last edited by regnad,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recently updated the official NSP from the RA website that m4xw recently updated. Now whenever I launch any version of mupen64 or mupen64-next the system crashes with error 2168-0002 requiring me to shut down the system and restart it.

I assume the obvious thing to do is not use the official RA nsp, but instead use the Atmosphere redirection method, right? If so, are there instructions to do this anywhere?

Alternately does anyone have the nsp prior to m4xw's changes from a couple of days ago? That one worked fine for me and never had any problems.
I've been telling it to you guys since *weeks*.
Funny that it changed for you now, i can literally not start any n64 games (or it crashes on chainload) with the NSP, since a few months now.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've been telling it to you guys since *weeks*.
Funny that it changed for you now, i can literally not start any n64 games (or it crashes on chainload) with the NSP, since a few months now.

Why did it work for me until just now?

Excuse me for being dumb, but the redirection instructions say this:

1. Open the atmosphere folder of your SD card and edit loader.ini (Notepad++ is your best friend)
  2. Replace the tid line by "tid=app"
  3. Replace the override_key line by "override_key=R"
  4. Save the file, put the SD card back in your console
  5. Use the fusee-primary.bin payload to boot Atmosphère (you can chainload it with Hekate to dual boot others CFW / Lakka)
Now running any game while holding R will open hbmenu instead of the game, how impressive ! If you want to play the game instead, don't hold R while launching it.

So that's it? Just do this, then use it to launch HBL, then launch the RA nro from there?

Reactions: Wolf2000

Soprano519

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did it work for me until just now?

Excuse me for being dumb, but the redirection instructions say this:

1. Open the atmosphere folder of your SD card and edit loader.ini (Notepad++ is your best friend)
  2. Replace the tid line by "tid=app"
  3. Replace the override_key line by "override_key=R"
  4. Save the file, put the SD card back in your console
  5. Use the fusee-primary.bin payload to boot Atmosphère (you can chainload it with Hekate to dual boot others CFW / Lakka)
Now running any game while holding R will open hbmenu instead of the game, how impressive ! If you want to play the game instead, don't hold R while launching it.

So that's it? Just do this, then use it to launch HBL, then launch the RA nro from there?
replace the tid line to what it says in the directions and then the override line to what the directions say thats it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts