N3ds XL hardmod port suggestion..

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by puss2puss, Sep 4, 2016.

1. puss2puss
    OP

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    Hell-o tempers and temperesses!
    A while ago i hardmodded my N3DS xl with an SD reader port to make the nand transfer, but it was temporary so i removed it..but now i need to flash my nand (complete brick..) and i want to leave the hardmod in it this time!

My issue: i dont have any micro usb port right now and i need to hardmod it before monday..

So, i ask: what port do you people glue to the case other then micro usb, that fits good in the casing of a N3DS XL? ..I still have my sd port but theres is nowhere to make it fit..

(ps: i know i order a micro usb port cheap from ebay but obviously i would have to wait before receiving it..)

Thanks.

2. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    Between the Sacred Silence and Sleep
    Try usb type c or mini usb. The first should be better...

3. puss2puss
    OP

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    i dont have any usb type c ports nearby.. and mini usb will be my last resort, since i will habe to rip it from an old camera i have..

4. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Portugal
    Oeiras
  5. puss2puss
    OP

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    In the thread you refer, i dont see any ports suggested ither then micro usb..
    ..i am not talking about the adapter, i am talking about the port to glue inside the console's case.

6. cravas

Jul 30, 2016
    Portugal
    Oeiras
    6. Wires: I personally recommend you use these wires, but if you dont want them, you can just use wires ripped out from earbuds and then buy seperate butt connectors for them. All you need to do is to solder four wires onto the male end of the connector.

7. puss2puss
    OP

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    Oh yah that part, thanks for pointing it.
    But it feels a bit thick to fit where i want and the only olace i could find a port like this (without rdering one..or else i would order a micro usb port) is the port on some motherboards to plug the fan.. but i think i might go for pogopins (thanks Dinoh for the suggestion :P ) that i will make myself..
    ..but i still want some more suggestion of other tiny ports, in case i have one in my house :P although i feel as if i went through all ideas already.. .. buti still hope lol..

8. cravas

Jul 30, 2016
    Portugal
    Oeiras
    I have wrecked an old USB Hub for the USB mini B port.And use the cable for the FrankenSD.
    Since this is my console, I know I CAN'T Plug this to a USB source.

9. puss2puss
    OP

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    Nice.
    But isnt a bit thick? It fits well under the case? .. i mostly wanna put it beside te headphone port or beside the microSD reader..

10. cravas

Jul 30, 2016
    Portugal
    Oeiras
    It looks like this but with mini B instead of micro:

[​IMG]