Hacking N3ds XL hardmod port suggestion..

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hell-o tempers and temperesses!
A while ago i hardmodded my N3DS xl with an SD reader port to make the nand transfer, but it was temporary so i removed it..but now i need to flash my nand (complete brick..) and i want to leave the hardmod in it this time!

My issue: i dont have any micro usb port right now and i need to hardmod it before monday..

So, i ask: what port do you people glue to the case other then micro usb, that fits good in the casing of a N3DS XL? ..I still have my sd port but theres is nowhere to make it fit..

(ps: i know i order a micro usb port cheap from ebay but obviously i would have to wait before receiving it..)

Thanks.

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont have any usb type c ports nearby.. and mini usb will be my last resort, since i will habe to rip it from an old camera i have..

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the thread you refer, i dont see any ports suggested ither then micro usb..
..i am not talking about the adapter, i am talking about the port to glue inside the console's case.

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yah that part, thanks for pointing it.
But it feels a bit thick to fit where i want and the only olace i could find a port like this (without rdering one..or else i would order a micro usb port) is the port on some motherboards to plug the fan.. but i think i might go for pogopins (thanks Dinoh for the suggestion :P ) that i will make myself..
..but i still want some more suggestion of other tiny ports, in case i have one in my house :P although i feel as if i went through all ideas already.. .. buti still hope lol..

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have wrecked an old USB Hub for the USB mini B port.And use the cable for the FrankenSD.
Since this is my console, I know I CAN'T Plug this to a USB source.

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice.
But isnt a bit thick? It fits well under the case? .. i mostly wanna put it beside te headphone port or beside the microSD reader..

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It looks like this but with mini B instead of micro:

new_3ds_xl_adafruit_micro_usb_installation_big.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.