Hacking N3DS XL Firmware by version number

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey, so in terms of New 3DS XL firmwares, I noticed that the serial number database has, for example: 9.1.0-20J: QJF048 (Blue)... does this mean every Japanese New 3DS w/ serial# QJF048 will be blue, or are there white/black N3DS's with QJF048 that may not have <9.2 firmware?

Most serials that come in multiple colours have the same firmware, but there's a chance that they will be higher. This list is based on user reports, so if no one has reported it, we don't know what it comes with.

fvdsa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks. I sent an e-mail to the store-owner and basically said the following:
"I asked about the firmware because I am interested in a New 3DS XL with Firmware 9.2x or less. I just did research and found that any Japanese New 3DS XL will be okay for this. However, to be safe could I ask, is it possible for you to tell me what the Serial Number is? I am looking for any Serial Number between QJF1039XXXX X to QJF10591XXX X, or below QJF1039 is also fine.
If it's too much of a hassle, then I understand if it's too much to ask."
I based my serial# info on this google doc, which I found in an older gbatemp firmware database post: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rYsMcMy2uvya3EdmqetsDp7mA18dZGwfJdoPgFGhRao/pubhtml
I noticed at least one report on this thread about someone who ordered a Majora's Mask Japanese edition and got a 9.4, so the part where I said "any Japanese New 3DSXL will be okay" I guess is wrong... I just want to know, let's say he agrees to tell me the serial number. Would the information I just provided him be sufficient for me to guarantee myself a 9.2?

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks. I sent an e-mail to the store-owner and basically said the following:
"I asked about the firmware because I am interested in a New 3DS XL with Firmware 9.2x or less. I just did research and found that any Japanese New 3DS XL will be okay for this. However, to be safe could I ask, is it possible for you to tell me what the Serial Number is? I am looking for any Serial Number between QJF1039XXXX X to QJF10591XXX X, or below QJF1039 is also fine.
If it's too much of a hassle, then I understand if it's too much to ask."
I based my serial# info on this google doc, which I found in an older gbatemp firmware database post: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rYsMcMy2uvya3EdmqetsDp7mA18dZGwfJdoPgFGhRao/pubhtml
I noticed at least one report on this thread about someone who ordered a Majora's Mask Japanese edition and got a 9.4, so the part where I said "any Japanese New 3DSXL will be okay" I guess is wrong... I just want to know, let's say he agrees to tell me the serial number. Would the information I just provided him be sufficient for me to guarantee myself a 9.2?

You must realize that the Japanese N3DS' do not have their serial numbers on the box. You'd need to open the box to see the serial on either the warranty card or the back of the console itself (something the shop owner likely wouldn't do). According to what some have said stock moves fast for Japanese N3DS' and it would be pretty difficult to obtain one in the desired firmware range at this point in time. If I were you I'd just pick up a US N3DS XL, you'll have a much better chance and the serial numbers are right on the side of the box.

fvdsa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must realize that the Japanese N3DS' do not have their serial numbers on the box. You'd need to open the box to see the serial on either the warranty card or the back of the console itself (something the shop owner likely wouldn't do). According to what some have said stock moves fast for Japanese N3DS' and it would be pretty difficult to obtain one in the desired firmware range at this point in time. If I were you I'd just pick up a US N3DS XL, you'll have a much better chance and the serial numbers are right on the side of the box.

Thanks for the info! Turns out I found a different place that specifically sells New 3DS XL's with guaranteed firmware below 9.2

Generation 16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QW4027 N3DS Red. Ordered from Best Buy online, picked it up from a local store. 9.0.0-20U. Already have it running unlinked nands (own an O3DS and a launch copy of Zelda). (Blurry, cropped) pictures attached.
Currently waiting for 9.7 emunand support so I can update my retail copy of Xenoblade (also attached because bragging) and take this 3.5 GB (trimmed) rom off my SD card.

Attachments

• IMG_2460 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2460 - Copy.JPG
    735.3 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_2461 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2461 - Copy.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 332

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
QEH-1033xx N3DS XL Metallic Black FW: 9.4.0-21E

Traded it in for another (had not the ability to choose, but according to the lady, the all where QEH-103XX and in most stores i looked, the all are QEH-103XX numbers and all are on 9.4, seems a few other people already asked and checked)

QEH-1033xx N3DS XL Metallic Blue FW: 9.4.0-21E

Ah well, i'll keep it anyway, not that i use GW so much on the Classic 3DS :D

Think i'll update it to 9.7, no need to stay on 9.4 i think, there will be no hack out in the near future.
(On the other hand i can still use ROP loaders on 9.4 to hack into some games)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Regular white new3ds, from Game in Nottingham UK
YEF10074
9.0.0-20E

....phew.

BTW, do ALL n3ds's come with the 3d experience video installed? Including, specifically, a UK regular white new3ds? Because mine didn't have it, it only had the Tomodachi Life demo version thing. I guess this means it was probably a return.. oh well, it still looks like new, and it has the firmware I needed.

Captain Charisma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BTW, do ALL n3ds's come with the 3d experience video installed? Including, specifically, a UK regular white new3ds? Because mine didn't have it, it only had the Tomodachi Life demo version thing. I guess this means it was probably a return.. oh well, it still looks like new, and it has the firmware I needed.
If you have Tomodachi Life the on the home screen, it's brand new. If you format the system, Tomodachi disappears on home screen but is re-downloadable at the eShop. I've re-sold many 3DS XLs so that's how I know. You should feel better knowing your's is brand new now.

Reactions: hippy dave

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
My N3DS Ambassador came with Tomodachi Life Welcome version (Before official N3Ds release)
The N3DS XL i bought today, still has the Tomodachi Life Welcome version, other people i know who bought there N3DS much earlier also had the Tomodachi Life Welcome version.

I tought US owners only got the 3D Video experience installed on there N3DS instead of Tomodachi Life Welcome version

Reactions: hippy dave

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
New 3DS XL 9.4 EUR (Black) :
- QEF10016
- QEF10025

New 3DS XL 9.4 EUR (Blue) :
- QEF10049

doolaik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm so conflicted!

I got a MM QW1039 at 9.4 and don't know if I should update it or leave it and wait for a new exploit.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First Unit - Returned in store
QW4021
US Console
Black

And the one Im happy about
QW1023
US Console
Ver. 9.0.0-20U
Red
noMqkUj.jpg

kTINCyu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...