Homebrew N3DS XL dying while turned off is it CFW related or just age?

The_Monado_Satyr

OP
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if its a something HB related running in the background while its off or if its just old age from playing it since Xenoblade 3D came out (April 09, 2015). I've always loved & still do play my 3ds; used to daily but not as much. back to the point I installed CFW around 1 or 2 years ago following the 3ds.hacks guide and there were little issues I got fixed but nothing to suggest battery draining. It happened maybe around 2 or 3 months of it being Homebrewed where id play my switch or pc and not touch it for weeks. So I'd come back & sometimes it would be fully charged (I always fully charge it before leaving it for a while) and weeks later when I go to play it would still be full. Other times it would be 50% to blinking or just dead. Looking at 3dsident and while playing a game and using the Rosalina it it shows its at/has been stuck at 47% (it went up to 48% after 4 days). Could it be from setting it to 804MHZ and enabling L2 cache when playing FE Awakening? because it slows down when using 3d so I use it to speed up. Ive done it with other games to take advantage of the extra processing power so its possible that and I get ARM11 exception handlers errors from time to time so that could also be the problem though i did a fix for that months ago and had to reinstall luma lol. If anyone knows anything and leaves a reply thanks and ill try to respond asap

ErHfwLeVkAAcdi_.png

Attachments

• ErHfwLeVkAAcdi_.png
    ErHfwLeVkAAcdi_.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 148

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that when the system is completely OFF, (no lights) that no code (other than a small bit of code to keep time) would be running at all. So I'd say that unless you're just leaving your system in sleep mode, It's probably just the battery dying. Seems like the L2 cache and 804Mhz being on is just the default.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh! I forgot to mention that the battery IS replacable. You'll need to reconfigure the time, though.

Reactions: The_Monado_Satyr

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new 3ds xl and a new 2ds xl and my new 3ds xl has the same issue the battery drains sometimes when powered off i dont have this problem with my new 2ds xl maybe the battery is toast and needs replaced other than that im out of ideas.

The_Monado_Satyr

OP
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that when the system is completely OFF, (no lights) that no code (other than a small bit of code to keep time) would be running at all. So I'd say that unless you're just leaving your system in sleep mode, It's probably just the battery dying. Seems like the L2 cache and 804Mhz being on is just the default.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh! I forgot to mention that the battery IS replacable. You'll need to reconfigure the time, though.

I have a new 3ds xl and a new 2ds xl and my new 3ds xl has the same issue the battery drains sometimes when powered off i dont have this problem with my new 2ds xl maybe the battery is toast and needs replaced other than that im out of ideas.[/QUOTE

Alright & thanks does anyone know where to get a good replacement (also sorry i pasted out around 15 minutes after posting)

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t know if you’ll be as lucky as I was, but I actually picked up a couple new OEM 3DS XL batteries from ebay recently, so you could try looking on there as well.

Reactions: The_Monado_Satyr

The_Monado_Satyr

OP
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States
I don’t know if you’ll be as lucky as I was, but I actually picked up a couple new OEM 3DS XL batteries from ebay recently, so you could try looking on there as well.
hope so, ive looked through amazon and saw a few listings that showed OEM batteries but in the reviews they got frauds and looking at few 3rd party ones they seem to do worse or just the same as my current one

The_Monado_Satyr

OP
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States
then i fall back to the "faulty battery" theory. now if you excuse me, i will be searching what "maid quote" means lol
what's with it? I know what it means was wondering if it was directed towards me or if its just like the other things users have like banners/gifs. other than that I panic mostly when seeing it because when I ask questions on sites such as reddit, MS forums or steam i keep getting that phrase, none of my questions are really "hey I'm too lazy to use google find x for me" I've search though google, reddit steam, etc. and couldn't find shit or what i found was shady at best. That's why I'm here to get better insight from people who've been around longer and could know more about my problem. One example/(tangent) is I've spent half a year going through MS advisors and using support forums & trouble shooting hardware and software just trying to figure out why win10 decides to randomly zoom in/stretch my display. ive used 3 different displays 2 different gpus and in return all I got were reinstall win 10 despite the fact that I've done that 13 times to no success. I've ran around 4, 24 hour malware checks in case, nope fine on that part, tested each ram separately for defects twice , so many sfc/scannow's, so many chk disks, checked the CPU, stress tested the cpu and gpu all test showed no issues, went through around 7 variations of amd radeon software, reinstalled amd software around 20 times, nothing. used 3 different HDMI cables, around 7 windows repairs using a iso file no results, messed with all display settings I could even went back to find a Manual for a old 2012 tv in case there was something I was missing nothing came from that ether, I went to the seller for the gpu asked about the card possible defects got nothing useful went to amd support only pointed me towards what ive already done, went to the makers of the gpu got told nothing useful, not to mention reinstalling 1k+ of files around 13 times is horrible (have no ssds big enough for that at the moment) and still have the display issue. main point with the tangent is I beg people not to assume I didn't look before asking, even if I didn't plainly state it. (the fault with this post so I can't blame anyone but myself) I hate asking for help most of the time because I'm always terrified/anxious as fuck of people so trust me i do all i can do before asking anyone. And my apologies if i misinterpreted it. pstd and anxiety are a horrible combo

Last edited by The_Monado_Satyr,

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
what's with it? I know what it means was wondering if it was directed towards me or if its just like the other things users have like banners/gifs. other than that I panic mostly when seeing it because when I ask questions on sites such as reddit, MS forums or steam i keep getting that phrase, none of my questions are really "hey I'm too lazy to use google find x for me" I've search though google, reddit steam, etc. and couldn't find shit or what i found was shady at best. That's why I'm here to get better insight from people who've been around longer and could know more about my problem. One example/(tangent) is I've spent half a year going through MS advisors and using support forums & trouble shooting hardware and software just trying to figure out why win10 decides to randomly zoom in/stretch my display. ive used 3 different displays 2 different gpus and in return all I got were reinstall win 10 despite the fact that I've done that 13 times to no success. I've ran around 4, 24 malware checks in case, nope fine on that part, tested each ram separately for defects twice , so many sfc/scannow's, so many chk disks, checked the CPU, stress tested the cpu and gpu all test showed no issues, went through around 7 variations of amd radeon software, reinstalled amd software around 20 times, nothing. used 3 different HDMI cables, around 7 windows repairs using a iso file no results, messed with all display settings I could even went back to find a Manual for a old 2012 tv in case there was something I was missing nothing came from that ether, I went to the seller for the gpu asked about the card possible defects got nothing useful went to amd support only pointed me towards what ive already done, went to the makers of the gpu got told nothing useful, not to mention reinstalling 1k+ of files around 13 times is horrible (have no ssds big enough for that at the moment) and still have the display issue. main point with the tangent is I beg people not to assume I didn't look before asking, even if I didn't plainly state it. (the fault with this post so I can't blame anyone but myself) I hate asking for help most of the time because I'm always terrified/anxious as fuck of people so trust me i do all i can do before asking anyone. And my apologies if i misinterpreted it. pstd and anxiety are a horrible combo

hey, chill, its okay. noone is born knowing, and noone knows everything, and the internet can be a mean place. i get the panic and anxiety thing and the overexplaining as well, its okay, i never wanted to say that you havent done your homework on anything

i almost never log in because ppl is scary indeed. i get the thing, seriously

to clarify, i just saw a mildly unknown potential reason for a battery drain, and saw that it hadnt been discarded yet, so i pointed at is as a "maybe". the fun of the forums thing is to point at things and everybody failing until someone gets the correct reason for whatever, at least that is how i see it. i didnt want to imply anything else at any moment, just a "hey maybe this obscure thing lol" without pointing my fingers at anyone

also, windows sucks big time and that screen thing sounds annoying as hell. good luck with that, i do not envy you regarding that

with positivity and chillness, i finish this message :3

The_Monado_Satyr

OP
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States
hey, chill, its okay. noone is born knowing, and noone knows everything, and the internet can be a mean place. i get the panic and anxiety thing and the overexplaining as well, its okay, i never wanted to say that you havent done your homework on anything

i almost never log in because ppl is scary indeed. i get the thing, seriously

to clarify, i just saw a mildly unknown potential reason for a battery drain, and saw that it hadnt been discarded yet, so i pointed at is as a "maybe". the fun of the forums thing is to point at things and everybody failing until someone gets the correct reason for whatever, at least that is how i see it. i didnt want to imply anything else at any moment, just a "hey maybe this obscure thing lol" without pointing my fingers at anyone

also, windows sucks big time and that screen thing sounds annoying as hell. good luck with that, i do not envy you regarding that

with positivity and chillness, i finish this message :3
np & thanks for the clarification, found a fix or a fluke bc it fixed itself after taking 2 days to die without a charger and now is able to go back to 100%. (earlier it would be charging for 3/4 days and through 3dsident and Rosalina menu it was stuck at 48/47 though the ui showed it was 3/4s done. im just ecstatic i don't have swim through sites to find a OEM battery now and i can play FE:13 (awakening) again
alm and cel.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1