Hacking {{N3ds users ONLY}} post your results if you are going to downgrade.

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia

scottgl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point I think it's a lost cause. It sounds like you may have done what a couple of us have and accidentally installed an O3DS downgrade into the N3DS. This is likely the reason we can't boot into recovery mode.

I installed the n3ds 9.2 downgrade, I'm 100% sure of it. What other reason would it be bricked?

SonicHyuga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just reporting in that I have tried this (Steveice10's build at least) 4 times each ending with "An error has occurred" black screen upon boot. Getting tired of having to re-update to 10.3 so this is where I call it quits for now.

Rustic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well then :)
N3DS EUR 9.9 -> 9.2

3rd try, gave me a bit of a scare after reboot with a black screen. Removed sd card and all good. Still get a black screen when i put the sd back. I do have a backup of it though, so would it work it i format the card and put my files back after letting the 3ds 'initialize' it?

Attachments

• IMG_20160104_201114.jpg
    IMG_20160104_201114.jpg
    945.8 KB · Views: 344

Zedjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then :)
N3DS EUR 9.9 -> 9.2

3rd try, gave me a bit of a scare after reboot with a black screen. Removed sd card and all good. Still get a black screen when i put the sd back. I do have a backup of it though, so would it work it i format the card and put my files back after letting the 3ds 'initialize' it?

Do you have menuhax? I've been hearing the way to do it is to boot without SD, change theme to stock, turn off, put SD back in, reboot.

Rustic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Do you have menuhax? I've been hearing the way to do it is to boot without SD, change theme to stock, turn off, put SD back in, reboot.
I did the downgrade through menuhax. The problem is now that i can't boot to 3ds or menuhax when the sd card is in. I can boot normally though without the sd. In just a sec i'll format that sd and try getting homebrew launcher going one way or another.

Plochan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
How do I know which one is EU, and which is US? I used the 9.2 cia files for the n3ds. Also, how did you and above posters fix this issue? I really just want to get my n3ds back to stock 9.9 or 10.3.

Look at your firmware, if it ends with letter U it is US version, if it end with E it is EU version.
When I soft-bricked my n3ds, I powered it down and held L+R+UP+A before quickly pressing power (and held all those 4 keys for cca 15sec). N3ds started in safe mode and offered me to do a clean update to 10.3

D

Deleted-369620

So if you have everything checked out, tubehax gone, right firmware files "N3DS" verified the md5's and you used TerraCopy, battery is charged and when sysupdater is busy you leave it be will the chance that it will brick be low? I do not have the time to read all pages but is the ratio of the successful/bricks good?

Rustic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So if you have everything checked out, tubehax gone, right firmware files "N3DS" verified the md5's and you used TerraCopy, battery is charged and when sysupdater is busy you leave it be will the chance that it will brick be low? I do not have the time to read all pages but is the ratio of the successful/bricks good?
No one can really tell you how big of a chance you have at bricking.

The only thing you can actually do is all safety measures i did too. Triple check you have the right CIAs, md5 check that zip for sure and keep your damn fingers off the 3ds while it's downgrading :P

Edit: But really, plenty of people have successfully done it, including myself. Just do all the safety measures you can.

Last edited by Rustic,
D

Deleted-369620

No one can really tell you how big of a chance you have at bricking.

The only thing you can actually do is all safety measures i did too. Triple check you have the right CIAs, md5 check that zip for sure and keep your damn fingers off the 3ds while it's downgrading :P
Does entry point matter? and with the new safe mode does this change anything?

Rustic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Does entry point matter? and with the new safe mode does this change anything?
From what i've seen, menuhax is your go to choice. Or Oothax. Most have said that ironhax didn't work too well.

Maybe 1 or 2 guys have gotten into a pretty bad spot after a failed downgrade, but safe mode worked. A 'real' complete brick however means you're done, no buts.

D

Deleted-369620

From what i've seen, menuhax is your go to choice. Or Oothax. Most have said that ironhax didn't work too well.

Maybe 1 or 2 guys have gotten into a pretty bad spot after a failed downgrade, but safe mode worked. A 'real' complete brick however means you're done, no buts.
Can you PM me the link where you got it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: