Homebrew n3DS Coldboot CFW

danielllb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay so for everyone who wants to know how to remove the colors on boot, and uses CFW and MenuHax, this is what I did:

1. Firstly take your SD or use the built in SD management on your 3DS.
2. On your SD, look for the file that starts with ropbinpayload_menuhax_XXXX. In my case it's called ropbinpayload_menuhax_EUR12288_new3ds.bin
3. Note this part: EUR12288_new3ds. This tells me I have the New 3DS EUR version, also note the number after the region, so in my case I need 12288.
4. Go to this link (thanks to ihaveamac): https://github.com/ihaveamac/ninjhax2.x/tree/gh-pages/r
5. Search the page for the file you need, this needs to correspond to the file you found on your SD, so I would need 'N3DS_E_12288_8203.bin'. If your region is different, you'd need to download the file for your region, and the number you found in step 3 has to correspond!
6. Now rename the ropbin payload file from step 2, adding '_old' to its filename, and copy the file you have downloaded from GitHub to your SD. Rename it to the filename you found in step 2!
7. So now you should have a ropbinpayload_menuhax_XXXX_old.bin which is your backup in case anything goes wrong, and a new ropbinpayload_menuhax_XXXX.bin file which was edited by ihaveamac to show only black screen on boot.

Hope this helped!

Last edited by danielllb,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so for everyone who wants to know how to remove the colors on boot, and uses CFW and MenuHax, this is what I did:

1. Firstly take your SD or use the built in SD management on your 3DS.
2. On your SD, look for the file that starts with ropbinpayload_menuhax_XXXX. In my case it's called ropbinpayload_menuhax_EUR12288_new3ds.
3. Note this part: EUR12288_new3ds. This tells me I have the New 3DS EUR version, also note the number after the region, so in my case I need 12288.
4. Go to this link (thanks to ihaveamac): https://github.com/ihaveamac/ninjhax2.x/tree/gh-pages/r
5. Search the page for the file you need, this needs to correspond to the file you found on your SD, so I would need 'N3DS_E_12288_8203.bin'. If your region is different, you'd need to download the file for your region, and the number you found in step 3 has to correspond!
6. Now rename the ropbin payload file from step 2, adding '_old' to its filename, and copy the file you have downloaded from GitHub to your SD. Rename it to the filename you found in step 2!
7. So now you should have a ropbinpayload_menuhax_XXXX_old.bin which is your backup in case anything goes wrong, and a new ropbinpayload_menuhax_XXXX.bin file which was edited by ihaveamac to show only black screen on boot.

Hope this helped!
...or try this thing I did: http://ihaveamac.github.io/ninjhax2.x/

_Pro_Man_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question @ihaveamac,
In your video, the screen remained black the entire time, but when I set my o3ds up using your ropbin, I still get a screen that looks like this:
upload_2016-1-18_11-21-30.png

I just took this image from a video, but this is what it looks like. Did I do something wrong, or can you not set it up like this?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question @ihaveamac,
In your video, the screen remained black the entire time, but when I set my o3ds up using your ropbin, I still get a screen that looks like this:
View attachment 35819
I just took this image from a video, but this is what it looks like. Did I do something wrong, or can you not set it up like this?
menuhax image display should be a 800x240 black PNG file. I'll upload one, hold on...

Fureshyu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
menuhax image display should be a 800x240 black PNG file. I'll upload one, hold on...

How would I use this? There's no really formal tutorial on it. What firmware should I download the robpin on? If I have sysnand v9.2 and Emunand v9.5 (both n3ds) Which version robpin should I download?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ihaveamac you should make a separate thread for this. Also, if its possible to add more than an image - one for booting and the other one saying the boot has failed try again or whatnot.
do you think I should make a new thread? I guess I will soon...

as for separate images, I don't think I can add "images" due to payload size and stuff, not knowing when the payload gets SD access, and generally not actually being a C developer :P I might try the dark blue image suggestion from earlier later

Luxocell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Neat!! The colours have been bugging me off for a while (and I know a couple of friends too). While I don't really understand totally how to modify (or what to, lol) I'm trying to get a grasp of said knowledge. Thanks everyone who've been working on this!

Oh, and also, I fully support the idea of "loading bar" with images, I'm not a pro when it comes to image editing, but I could create something on PS to resemble the images if needed, I can do that at least!

Last edited by Luxocell,
Reactions: peteruk

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
If creating a loading bar, static images shouldn't be used for filesize and smoothness reasons. I guess the aesthetics wouldn't be much of a problem, but I know many would like smooth animations.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there any way to stop the colors from flashing on the bottom screen with menuhax? I made my 3ds autoboot emunand, but the colors on the bottom kind of make it look bad. I already use a black image for the top screen, and I made the reinand splashscreen black.
Fallowing this guide not only helps the boot rate but it also makes it so you only see a more palatable transition from white, blue, and red at the bottom.

Luxocell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If creating a loading bar, static images shouldn't be used for filesize and smoothness reasons. I guess the aesthetics wouldn't be much of a problem, but I know many would like smooth animations.
I was thinking that too, I only know how to create/edit static images in PS, so outside from that I cannot help much.
Though, I do think that animated bar vs non animated bar doesn't really matter much, but thats my opinion anyway

suhaib10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Due to the file size restrictions on the payload it might not be possible to make a load bar part of the payload, Would it be possible to have multiple static load bar images at different points (like 25%.png, 50%.png,75%.png ..) and point to them instead of the colors, so you know where if it gets stuck. (mainly so you know its the yellow screen issue).

Last edited by suhaib10,

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Due to the file size restrictions on the payload it might not be possible to make a load bar part of the payload, Would it be possible to have multiple static load bar images at different points (like 25%.png, 50%.png,75%.png ..) and point to them instead of the colors, so you know where if it gets stuck. (mainly so you know its the yellow screen issue).

Thats exactly what I was thinking! Add a separate image for each color!

Reactions: SomeGamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo