BLUE PAGES !909fjnvmmscmoimx;lmv

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recently bought the Myst Collection.
Question: Should I play the PC version first (it is the original after all), or will it spoil the DS experience?

Knolly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't the "Rime Age" added in the remake of Myst for the PC and the Playstation 1 version?

Not that it matters, I didn't play either of those. It'll be fun to play Myst again. It's been probably just long enough that I've forgotten how to solve most of the puzzles.
Just what I was thinking... The Rime Age was made for RealMyst, which was when they remade the game in full 3D for the PC...

Either way, this is friggen awesome news. Yay for Myst.

DS64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know which version Myst was where you found this rocket ship on the ground pointed into the air with all those levers ?

ediblebird

Trophies
XP
Country
awesome that this is coming to DS, i think i heard rumours about the game Secret Files: Tunguska also coming to DS.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There has been more info released on Myst DS.

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/07/27/myst-de...mpanion-for-ds/

some people wouldn't call it a lot of more info, but additional info nonetheless:
QUOTE said:
Manny Granillo, executive producer of the DS Myst remake, spoke to 4cr reader Spence about the changes being made to the classic adventure. We're still shocked that there are changes and additions being made. Not what we expected from a Myst port.

They're taking advantage of the interface by adding a note pad and a camera tool, to allow players to remember clues. Granillo also agreed with (but avoided directly discussing) the utility of turning the DS sideways to read the materials in the library.

With these refinements and the new Age, Myst on the DS may turn out to be the definitive version. For our money, though, the best thing about a portable Myst is that leaves your TV and computer unoccupied, so you can play a game while it's on.

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i made a thread about

this a while ago, but i can't find it on the forums weird....

good news anyway, finally i'll be able to play myst on the bus or on the can
tongue.gif

looneyboy784

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This inspired me to look back at my old myst game. I kept all of the paper i usued to solve the puzzles it almost fills a small notebook. Ahh the memories. It looks like in making the game portable they decided you should not need a pen and paper to record the clues, which will really make the game better. When this comes out I plan on buying a copy.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man.
I tried playing this when I was about.....

As we all know, a 7-year old doesn't have the mental capacity (or at least I didn't) to play Myst.

But I'm ready to take a second whack at it, though!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat this game on PC years ago. I cheated and used a FAQ of course, but I beat it. Might be interesting to see what changes in the DS version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: