Hardware My Wiimote...locking up..

ShinraArmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wiimote is acting really weird; battieries are nearly full, but the Wiimote won't react at all when a button is pressed if the Wii is not on, no lights or anythign, can't even turn the Wii on using it

When the Wii is turned on, the wiimote will not react AT ALL until the red button to sync is pressed, not even the light or anything, and when it manages to sync, it loses sync as soon as I go into any channel, and I can't resync when in the channel.

I can turn off the console, but the wiimote seems to depend on it being on and thus I can't turn it back in with wiimote.

Some help, please?

ShinraArmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! Yesterday I used my friend's SD card with Brawl+ on my Wii, but it's only supposed to have loaded the thing, I wonder if that could be enough to...I don't know, mess with IOS or something...?

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
are you using normal AA batteries or are you using a rechargable battery pack? I have had some issues with the sync button being depressed by the battery packs plastic sync tab and thus not working correctly. If it is a battery pack just either take off the sync tab with a small philips head screw driver or you can try to push the tab out from the inside so it doesn't touch the sync button(if you need to sync your remotes and you have taken the tab off you'll need a small plastic or metal stick about the size of a q-tip to press the sync button as the batteries are connected to the battery pack and the back cannot be removed without taking the batteries out). If it's not a battery pack then it sounds like your remote may be faulty, if its a normal wii remote that's out of warranty you may just have to go out and buy a new wii remote plus, if you can find a shop that still carries the original wii remotes I would suggest buying one then taking your old one back in the box and telling them it doesn't work(that's what I did).....good luck finding a shop that still sells them though, I got lucky and my local best buy had two left but since then I haven't seen any at a local store.

ShinraArmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rechargables. I've been using the same 2 pairs for about 6 months with no problems.

after reading a bit trough this topic:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=200...p;#entry2498942

''I can start some homebrew with the wiimote synced, then the wiimote desyncs

probably you have just told that program to use a IOS which is a stub. or the program has loaded into a stub IOS without asking you. this means the IOS in you wii is non-functional. and the most common IOS here is IOS249. refer to one of the many guides is the stickies or the rest of the internet for removing stub IOSes.''

I think my problem might be some cios may have been configured or installed...my friend is on 3.9 afterall

ShinraArmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Multi-Mod to reisntall 4.2 but that didn't solve it... do you guys think updating to 4.3, getting a copy of Brawl would be my best bet?

Or anyone know the specific IOS that can mess with the wiimote's sync?

MMM doesn't detect any stub IOS, ether -_-

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Buy a new Wiimote. These things get broken fairly often.
I have a Wiimote that draws 3 times more power than my other Wiimote.
It also had connection isseus. Had to replace it.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IOS OR WII.

ShinraArmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here's the thing; the flipping Wiimote works...somewhat

I have to red-button sync it when in the system menu, launch usb loader, select game with CG controller and then sync again when the game is actually running.

It's not ideal, but It'll do till I figure out what's wrong.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
I was having very similar issues to this the other day and I may be begging to differ. I don't think it is necessarily the wiimote.

My issues like this started when my mrs was playing a game of DKCR and I wanted to join in so I turned on the 2P wiimote but it wouldn't go on, kept on flashing off straight away.
So I got a bit confused and then messed about trying to sync it with diff combinations of p1/p2, which wiimote was which etc, then eventually, for some reason I couldn't get any activity out of either wiimote, same as you. They would flash and try to sync forever but never sync.

Then eventually I gave up and just decided to remove the power on the off chance. And it worked fine when I switched it back on, Remotes were still synced as before.

But it did make me realise that if a game is not 2 player or is not in 2 player mode. You can't turn on another wiimote, it won't allow it. And that was what caused me five mins of gremlins which made me think at first my brand new wiimote had died, and then I concluded it to be the bluetooth module. And then it all started working again and has been fine ever since.

Its a shame I can't explain it better. But if you tried syncing it as a player 2 wiimote during a game then it could be the same problem I had

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries