Hardware My wii u gamepad does not respond correctly in wii games

Aristash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Lately it has been happening to me that when I move the left stick up in Wii games, it goes down and it detects it that way

Aristash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Exactly, because in the wii u games, it works normally without any problem, as well as in the homebrew emulators of the vwii it works normally, only with the injected games of the wii that happens to me, I attach the video

Attachments

• 20230223_194150.mp4
    2.6 MB
Last edited by Aristash,

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
Something similar happens to me but in Nintendont. In some games my character goes left automatically even though I'm not pressing left on the stick. Doesn't happen in Wii U, Wii, N64, etc though. Testdrc also doesn't detect my sticks are drifting.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
need to replace your stick, im gussing its has drift and the higher values dont register correctly and go into negative, that is why it goes down, every stick can drift and depeding on the codding some games are much more picky and accurate with readings, while others have much bigger deadzones so the sticks dont drift because the game itself doesnt read all the needed values.

Reactions: flowlapache

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
need to replace your stick, im gussing its has drift and the higher values dont register correctly and go into negative, that is why it goes down, every stick can drift and depeding on the codding some games are much more picky and accurate with readings, while others have much bigger deadzones so the sticks dont drift because the game itself doesnt read all the needed values.
thanks for this explanation

Aristash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thank you very much everyone, I made the decision to clean the left stick to see if it could be solved, and if it worked, although in the future I would have to change it, but for now I can enjoy wii games again with the wii u gamepad

Reactions: flowlapache

Aristash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
[Update] it got to a point where it happened again and I made the decision to replace the sticks with a technician, after replacing a new stick from another Wii U gamepad, the same thing happened, which left me with the conclusion that it is an irreparable or factory error, I made the decision to play the Wii U games with the gamepad, and the vWii games with the Wiimotes (in addition to buying a classic controller), currently paying for another gamepad is somewhat tedious in my country.Thank you very much for your support! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk