Hacking MY WII SAYS SYSTEM FILES CORRUPTED DURING BOOT

TEKPESOS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHEN I TURN ON MY WII IT SAYS SYSTEM FILES CORRUPTED PLEASE REFER TO WII OWNERS MANUAL,I CAN'T GET TO ANY MENU'S,I DOWNLOADED HOMEBREW ON THE SYSTEM,IT BRICKED WHEN I PUT SOME CRAPPY MARIO HOME SKIN,I BEEN ON DIFFERENT SITES TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW TO FIX IT I HAVE NO CLUE IM KINDA HACK ILLITERATE, I JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PUT HOMEBREW AND IT WORKED,I SENT IT TO NINTENDO AND THEY SENT IT BACK AS IS BECAUSE OF THE HOMEBREW AND THEY VOIDED THE WARRANTY SUUUUUCKSSSSSSSSS,I TRIED TO HOLD RESET WHILE PRESSING THE POWER BUTTON TO GET THE PRELOADER LIKE I SEEN IN ANOTHER FORUM DOESN'T BRING ANY MENU UP, NOW IM BASICALLY SCREWED I BOUGHT MY SYSTEM 4 MONTHS AGO CANT TAKE IT TO TOY'SRUS AND AM DESPERATE FOR HELP PLEASE HELP ME

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try not to use all caps. It's annoying. Anyway, do you have Preloader installed? What about BootMii as boot2? If not, what menu version are you on? If you don't have Preloader, or BootMii and your menu is over 3.2, you're screwed and need a new Wii.

TEKPESOS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry bout the caps lmao,yes i think i have the preloader and bootmi,my system version is 4.1

Posts merged

sorry about the caps lock guys

TEKPESOS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant get to preloader i have no idea wat to do i know i had the homebrew channel i dont know if i had the preloader nand or hackmii or bootmii, im hack illiterate im really sorry guys if its making it difficult for you guys to help me,i know when i put a mario homeskin on there it brick me

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, if you have no Preloader, and you cannot seem to reach Bootmii, you seem to be in a little pickle... I really cannot think of any situation at the current moment, unless you can give me in exact detail what happened...

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exact detail: he bricked from a theme. Probably installed the mym or something. Either way, try holding RESET while powering on your Wii (immediately after you press power) and see if the Preloader menu shows up. If not, hate to break it to you, but you're screwed.

abel009

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just try to boot the recovery menu, if i remember correctly u need a gc control on port 4 and u need to push all of the 4 pads on the dpad right after u turn on ur wii. Then just burn an autoboot iso like wad manager and boot it through the recovey menu and install a new system menu and bualaaa ur good to go.

jwcgator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have bootmii actually installed, you can just find the SD card files elsewhere, start the homebrew channel, and install a new copy of the system menu.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
olliepop2000 said:
Give him a break he is only 11 or something.

No I will not give anyone like this a break. Either learn how to be proper or know that you are too dumb and dangerous to ever play with a wii or anything electrical.

He's right. If you can't type properly enough to help us understand, we reserve the right to think that you don't understand.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What idiot installs a theme without doing having a nand backup.... What moron installs a theme and screws up? And what moron does all that and doesnt even have bootmii or preloader functional at all?!

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha... very true. I'm interested to know whether it was a bad theme (wrong menu version, bad TPLs, etc) or if he actually installed a MyScript instead of a converted CSM/App. The former I can understand, but I'd laugh if it was the latter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?