MY WII SAYS SYSTEM FILES CORRUPTED DURING BOOT

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TEKPESOS, Dec 27, 2009.

Dec 27, 2009
  1. TEKPESOS
    OP

Newcomer TEKPESOS Newbie

United States
    WHEN I TURN ON MY WII IT SAYS SYSTEM FILES CORRUPTED PLEASE REFER TO WII OWNERS MANUAL,I CAN'T GET TO ANY MENU'S,I DOWNLOADED HOMEBREW ON THE SYSTEM,IT BRICKED WHEN I PUT SOME CRAPPY MARIO HOME SKIN,I BEEN ON DIFFERENT SITES TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW TO FIX IT I HAVE NO CLUE IM KINDA HACK ILLITERATE, I JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PUT HOMEBREW AND IT WORKED,I SENT IT TO NINTENDO AND THEY SENT IT BACK AS IS BECAUSE OF THE HOMEBREW AND THEY VOIDED THE WARRANTY SUUUUUCKSSSSSSSSS,I TRIED TO HOLD RESET WHILE PRESSING THE POWER BUTTON TO GET THE PRELOADER LIKE I SEEN IN ANOTHER FORUM DOESN'T BRING ANY MENU UP, NOW IM BASICALLY SCREWED I BOUGHT MY SYSTEM 4 MONTHS AGO CANT TAKE IT TO TOY'SRUS AND AM DESPERATE FOR HELP PLEASE HELP ME

2. AetherMaster

Member AetherMaster Aether

United States
    Try not to use all caps. It's annoying. Anyway, do you have Preloader installed? What about BootMii as boot2? If not, what menu version are you on? If you don't have Preloader, or BootMii and your menu is over 3.2, you're screwed and need a new Wii.

3. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Firstly, switch off your Caps Lock. Secondly, did you install Bootmii with the Hackmii installer at all? What guide did you follow?
    Edit: see above lol

4. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Give him a break he is only 11 or something.

5. TEKPESOS
    OP

Newcomer TEKPESOS Newbie

United States
    Sorry bout the caps lmao,yes i think i have the preloader and bootmi,my system version is 4.1

Posts merged

sorry about the caps lock guys

6. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    NAND Backup? Can you get to Preloader?

Come on, more infoz please.

7. TEKPESOS
    OP

Newcomer TEKPESOS Newbie

United States
    i cant get to preloader i have no idea wat to do i know i had the homebrew channel i dont know if i had the preloader nand or hackmii or bootmii, im hack illiterate im really sorry guys if its making it difficult for you guys to help me,i know when i put a mario homeskin on there it brick me

8. jackdanielchan

Member jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Well, if you have no Preloader, and you cannot seem to reach Bootmii, you seem to be in a little pickle... I really cannot think of any situation at the current moment, unless you can give me in exact detail what happened...

9. AetherMaster

United States
    Exact detail: he bricked from a theme. Probably installed the mym or something. Either way, try holding RESET while powering on your Wii (immediately after you press power) and see if the Preloader menu shows up. If not, hate to break it to you, but you're screwed.

10. TEKPESOS
    OP

Newcomer TEKPESOS Newbie

United States
    damn i tried that it sucks if the preloader doesn't show that means i don't have it and im screwed

11. AetherMaster

United States
    One last thing... on your SD card, is there a folder called "BootMii" or a file called "nand.bin"?

12. TEKPESOS
    OP

Newcomer TEKPESOS Newbie

United States
    yes i had a folder called bootmi but i erased evything from my sd card

13. AetherMaster

United States
    Well, you're screwed. No NAND backup, no Preloader, no early system menu version. Time for a new Wii.

14. TEKPESOS
    OP

Newcomer TEKPESOS Newbie

United States
    wow it really sucks thanks a whole lot

Posts merged

cant i just put the stuff back on the sd

15. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    If you simply moved the files off the sd card, then sure. If you deleted them fully, then you have a problem.

16. abel009

Member abel009 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Just try to boot the recovery menu, if i remember correctly u need a gc control on port 4 and u need to push all of the 4 pads on the dpad right after u turn on ur wii. Then just burn an autoboot iso like wad manager and boot it through the recovey menu and install a new system menu and bualaaa ur good to go.

17. jwcgator

Member jwcgator GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you have bootmii actually installed, you can just find the SD card files elsewhere, start the homebrew channel, and install a new copy of the system menu.

18. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    He's right. If you can't type properly enough to help us understand, we reserve the right to think that you don't understand.

19. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    What idiot installs a theme without doing having a nand backup.... What moron installs a theme and screws up? And what moron does all that and doesnt even have bootmii or preloader functional at all?!

20. AetherMaster

United States
    Haha... very true. I'm interested to know whether it was a bad theme (wrong menu version, bad TPLs, etc) or if he actually installed a MyScript instead of a converted CSM/App. The former I can understand, but I'd laugh if it was the latter.