Hacking My WADs don't show up anymore.

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I've put them in the same WAD folder I've always put them. I'm trying to get different gamma 002fix launchers and none of them ever show up. Yes, they are WAD files. Tips?
moogle.gif

in before 'google' :3

~Steph

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
more of an explanation and info needed....

what do yo mean they dont show up?
on screen in wad manager? after they are installed....
or are you installing multiple loaders in wad form and only one shows up?

-kitt050383

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will boot up Wad Manager 1.3 through the Homebrew Channel and the specified WADs do not show up in the list of WADs that are available. There is 'backup_loader_3' or something similar to that, which I think may be the first one I've gotten of the launcher, but any other WADs so far (which have probably been backup loaders) haven't shown up. There's one called 'wiiish' or something similar that I downloaded from this site, but any other custom WADs that people have made do not show up; the ones with specific banners, etc.

I've tried to download one from this site being the 002 fix that isn't autoboot, but I have no idea where to put it. It seems to be a .dol file, but when when I downloaded it it just said it was an icon file.

K

Kurisuellegarden

You said it's a dol? That means it won't work with wad manager... o_o

Dol is the file that hbc uses...it's definetly not a channel.

I have the channel with the 002 fix if you need it. =]

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sounds like your not saving/downloading correctly...

first of all if its in dol form you cant just rename it to be a wad example can not do this:

no no no: gammaloader.dol [renamed to> gammaloader.wad

they have to be packaged in wad form....

dol files can be booted from the homebrew channel directly...

all wads go into the wad folder but they must actually be wads...
also take care that each wad has a unique wad id so your not installing over somethin else....

also what said it was an icon file your pc... your pc wont recognize these formats... ignore it...

-kitt050383

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the custom WADs that users have created of the 002 fix are actual WADs. There was only one on this site that I downloaded from a sticky thread that was .dol. The actual WADs from other downloadable sources had never shown up. ()

I downloaded djTaz's package and in my WAD folder it says 'backup_loader_ZELDABKUP' and it's a WAD file. That doesn't even show up.

And Kurisuellegarden, if you have the 002 fix that isn't autoboot, I will be your best friend forever!

K

Kurisuellegarden

I uploaded a wad you should try. It's the 002 fix that you've been trying to find right?

Click here for your euphoric 002 fix. =]

I'm heading to bed now. I wish you the best of luck with it!

ohhh whooops...I don't have a non autoboot one. o_o Why do you need a non autoboot one? You can hold 1 when you start it to configure the settings like normal... like if it was not an autoboot =]

K

Kurisuellegarden

Did you try going doing to the bottom of the list on the wad manager? Some don't show unless you keep hitting down like it's off the page. xD o_o I remember I did that once and I realized it did that when you have a lot of wads on the card...I normally don't have a lot of wads on my card at once.

What do you need to configure before you start it each time?

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
make sure your scrolling down all the way also male sure the wad file and only the wad file is in the wad folder subfolders do not work....
also if our transferring them over to your wii with ftpii make sure they fully transfer check the size of the file....
i had an issue once where i tried to transfer to many files at one and a few got mucked up the ftp client said it was on the wii but it really was just a partial file....

-kitt050383

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have too much in my WAD folder. It's really odd, some WADs were interfering with the other ones. When I took some backup launcher WADs off, some worked. So I deleted certain ones off my SD card and the others showed up, heh. Kind of weird since they are both different sizes with different names.
moogle.gif

Although, another question. I seemed to have installed the 002 fix I wanted, and during config screen it says cIOS249 when I had installed cIOS36_rev7 today. So I reinstalled cIOS36_rev7 just a minute ago and on the config screen of the 002 fix it still says cIOS249. Does the 002 fix work with cIOS36_rev7 and if so, do you think on the config screen it says cIOS249 because that's what it was built with so it won't change what it says (even though cIOS36_rev7 could actually be installed over it)?
happy.gif

~Steph

{edit} apologies

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cios249 is cIOS36_rev7 its what it gets installed as on the wii....
so its the same thing... it is what it is..lol..
however i know of 2 versions the one by waninkoko and the one thats been modeded by wiigator that comes with his loader... which one is better... if your a softmod person than wiigators is....

-kitt05383

K

Kurisuellegarden

Also, there is one modified cIOS that allows you to use games with usb peripherals and guitar heroes guitars if you need it. :wtf:

But then you can't use Menu Patcher which I doubt you use anyway if you use Gamma. =]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • B
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.