My virtual wii is completely locked region wise

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Chris Mowery, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Chris Mowery
    OP

Chris Mowery Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    im trying to speed run the legend of Zelda Ocarina of Tme, but when i go to install the japanese wad which is WAAAAAAAAAY faster than USA it pops up with a channel cant be used, I even configured with wad settings and installed ios80, and it wouldnt work if anyone can help or needs more details please help USA is very un optimal for speedrunning

KiiWii likes this.
  2. CJB100

CJB100 Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair

May 8, 2016
    United States
    USA
    Ok, first, what are you talking about a WAD for? Install USB Loader GX and get the .iso or .wbfs file. Don't do an e-shop version.
    Second, what are you talking about installing IOS80? No, no no no No No No NO NO NO NO. Just no... JUST NO! Don't install any IOS or cIOS that isn't directly specified in the stickied vWii Guide here. And certainly never install a Wii IOS file on the vWii.

First thing you should do, is if you have the HBC installed and can run homebrew, go to this thread, and download and run sysCheck. Post the results here; hopefully you haven't messed anything up on your vWii, or if you have, we can fix it relatively easily.
    Then read through my stickied vWii hacking guide. DO NOT try to do anything in the vWii Hacking Guide until we advise you if anything needs to happen on your vWii after a sysCheck.

3. Chris Mowery
    OP

Chris Mowery Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    my vwii is fine in fact in the thread of which i downloaded the ios it said ios80 was made for wii u vwii

CJB100 likes this.
  4. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
  5. CJB100

CJB100 Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair

May 8, 2016
    United States
    USA
    I see now you said Ocarina of Time. I completely thought you said Twilight Princess! Yes, what KiiWii posted will work.

6. Chris Mowery
    OP

Chris Mowery Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    on vwii? can i get a vwii specific tutorial