Hacking My virtual wii is completely locked region wise

Chris Mowery

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to speed run the legend of Zelda Ocarina of Tme, but when i go to install the japanese wad which is WAAAAAAAAAY faster than USA it pops up with a channel cant be used, I even configured with wad settings and installed ios80, and it wouldnt work if anyone can help or needs more details please help USA is very un optimal for speedrunning

Reactions: KiiWii

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to speed run the legend of Zelda Ocarina of Tme, but when i go to install the japanese wad which is WAAAAAAAAAY faster than USA it pops up with a channel cant be used, I even configured with wad settings and installed ios80, and it wouldnt work if anyone can help or needs more details please help USA is very un optimal for speedrunning

Ok, first, what are you talking about a WAD for? Install USB Loader GX and get the .iso or .wbfs file. Don't do an e-shop version.
Second, what are you talking about installing IOS80? No, no no no No No No NO NO NO NO. Just no... JUST NO! Don't install any IOS or cIOS that isn't directly specified in the stickied vWii Guide here. And certainly never install a Wii IOS file on the vWii.

First thing you should do, is if you have the HBC installed and can run homebrew, go to this thread, and download and run sysCheck. Post the results here; hopefully you haven't messed anything up on your vWii, or if you have, we can fix it relatively easily.
Then read through my stickied vWii hacking guide. DO NOT try to do anything in the vWii Hacking Guide until we advise you if anything needs to happen on your vWii after a sysCheck.

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I see now you said Ocarina of Time. I completely thought you said Twilight Princess! Yes, what KiiWii posted will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr