EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I had a 360 but traded that for a PS3. I have a PC, 3DS, WiiU and a PS3 here now (and a ton of old consoles in the basement) and I play Wii U a lot, followed by the 3DS and the PC. I have the PS3 for Blurays, games like Assassin's Creed and the occassional experience like Last of Us.

I am far from a console fanboy but i noticed a great deal of negativity on the interwebs about nintendo in general and i kinda dont know why. There are only three reasons i can come up with.
One is childish mobbing since Nintendo fanse ARE indeed easy targets,
the second one would be pure fanboyism of another console
and the third one comes with baggage as its usually ex nintendo players turned bully for another console as they are jealous that their favourite childhood games like zelda and mario didnt change console with them.

that doesnt mean that there aren't any other reasons for the negativity but my original questions still stands:
I don't get how some people here are so obviously offended that we like Nintendo? I mean does it ANY harm to YOU that I play game X on my console of choice which happens to be a Wii U?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh really? Would thou care to explain how a console is "greater than" the glorious shine that is a gaming PC?

Does it have to do with the fact that consoles deliver inferior graphics and framerates? Or is it something to do with the fact that the games on consoles are more expensive? Or are you going to bring the argument that you like being locked to a single company's ecosystem? Do you enjoy having limited choices over peripherals? Or you enjoy not being able to experience mods and other player-created content? Do you dislike multitasking? Or not being able to work and play on the same machine? Do you find it enjoyable to be stuck with the same old hardware for over 7 years? And lastly, do you enjoy long loading screens?

I think I made my point.

Nah I just don't like being a self centered annoying prick who feels the need to spam everywhere "pc's are better".

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nah I just don't like being a self centered annoying prick who feels the need to spam everywhere "pc's are better".

You clearly stated that "console > PC" without anything to back to up your statement. If you don't want to admit to the superiority of the PC, that's perfectly fine. But if you want to argue that consoles are superior, then please have some evidence to back up your claim.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You clearly stated that "console > PC" without anything to back to up your statement. If you don't want to admit to the superiority of the PC, that's perfectly fine. But if you want to argue that consoles are superior, then please have some evidence to back up your claim.

Yep, I did state that. Just like people state PC > Console. I prefer console. Big whoop. You prefer PC. Big fuckin whoop-de-doo. Butthurt much?

"mah preshus pc iz not luvd by evry1!"

Reactions: the_randomizer

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that doesn't mean that there aren't any other reasons for the negativity but my original questions still stands:
I don't get how some people here are so obviously offended that we like Nintendo? I mean does it ANY harm to YOU that I play game X on my console of choice which happens to be a Wii U?

I don't understand either. I think their thinking is, "They're over 16; they should be playing games rated T and M instead of E. I can't believe they would play games that anyone can play, thus reducing their status as a hardcore gamer." So, yes, they must think that playing games rated E deprives us of our hardcore gamer status: this's why they only play games rated T and M. And Nintendo; well, none of their games rated T or M get media exposure like the E/E10+ do. The Wii is associated with E games, otherwise known as children games, and the Wii U doesn't look like it'll change that.

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, I did state that. Just like people state PC > Console. I prefer console. Big whoop. You prefer PC. Big fuckin whoop-de-doo. Butthurt much?

Um... no. PC people back up their claims with evidence, the most common of which are "better graphics" and "cheaper games". I stated countless reasons supporting PC gaming in one of my previous posts if you need more reasons.

I'm not saying that you can't prefer consoles. I'm asking you why you think consoles are better.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I get what you're saying but I think it slid over his head. (You just don't care!)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um... no. PC people back up their claims with evidence, the most common of which are "better graphics" and "cheaper games". I stated countless reasons supporting PC gaming in one of my previous posts if you need more reasons.

I'm not saying that you can't prefer consoles. I'm asking you why you think consoles are better.

Because I don't like using a mouse and keyboard. And graphics look just fine to me on a console, I'm not picky. And exclusives on the console which I can't get on a PC. And I have no way to buy games on the PC. I have a better time sitting on my couch playing with a controller in my hand than I do sitting in front of my monitor. Hopefully that removed the stick from your ass.

Reactions: ßleck

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh really? Would thou care to explain how a console is "greater than" the glorious shine that is a gaming PC?

Does it have to do with the fact that consoles deliver inferior graphics and framerates? Or is it something to do with the fact that the games on consoles are more expensive? Or are you going to bring the argument that you like being locked to a single company's ecosystem? Do you enjoy having limited choices over peripherals? Or you enjoy not being able to experience mods and other player-created content? Do you dislike multitasking? Or not being able to work and play on the same machine? Do you find it enjoyable to be stuck with the same old hardware for over 7 years? And lastly, do you enjoy long loading screens?

I think I made my point.

you can´t play uncharted,gran turismo,pokemon,dragon quest,kingdom hearts,shin megami tensei or mario on the PC without emulators......

D

Deleted_171835

PC elitists are some of the most annoying people on forums. Yes, we get it, the PC has superior visuals, controls, etc. No need to try and hide your massive insecurities by constantly blurting that out every chance you get.

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because I don't like using a mouse and keyboard. And graphics look just fine to me on a console, I'm not picky. And exclusives on the console which I can't get on a PC. And I have no way to buy games on the PC. I have a better time sitting on my couch playing with a controller in my hand than I do sitting in front of my monitor. Hopefully that removed the stick from your ass.

If you play on console for the exclusives, that's reasonable. However, all the other issues you raised are irrelevant.

- 99% of graphics cards have HDMI ports, meaning you can hook up a gaming PC to a TV and play from your couch. Activate Steam's "Big Picture" mode, and GUI changes to a controller-friendly format.

- PC gamepads are plentiful and a large portion of PC games support them. Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Crysis 3, Portal 2, GTA 4, and Fallout 3 all support gamepads.

- GameStop, ebgames, and convenience stores all sell Steam wallet cards. For other digital distributors, you can always use a prepaid credit card.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you play on console for the exclusives, that's reasonable. However, all the other issues you raised are irrelevant.

- 99% of graphics cards have HDMI ports, meaning you can hook up a gaming PC to a TV and play from your couch. Activate Steam's "Big Picture" mode, and GUI changes to a controller-friendly format.

- PC gamepads are plentiful and a large portion of PC games support them. Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Crysis 3, Portal 2, GTA 4, and Fallout 3 all support gamepads.

- GameStop, ebgames, and convenience stores all sell Steam wallet cards. For other digital distributors, you can always use a prepaid credit card.

Right, except for the fact that I don't want to be fucked to upgrade my computer, at all. I dont do PC gaming or will ever be a big PC gamer. And yes I know PC gamepads are plentiful, however that means I have to spend the extra cash to buy one when I can just buy a console that offers the games I want, and has controllers and everything is ready to go. And yes they sell Steam cards, but it doesn't change the fact that I don't need them as I'm not big into PC gaming and never will be. Consoles are just fine and I'm happy with them and won't be changing my mind any time soon.

Now let's get back on topic.

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

So... Exactly what part of that makes PC gaming so much better and different than console gaming?

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So... Exactly what part of that makes PC gaming so much better and different than console gaming?

-Better graphics
-Higher framerates
-Shorter load times
-Unlimited backwards compatibility
-Higher quality sound
-Wider choice of peripherals
-Open platform
-Cheaper games
-Digital distributions
-Freedom to upgrade
-Freedom to not upgrade
-Multitasking
-Multi-monitor gaming
-Oculus Rift
-Emulators
-Indie games
-Mods/Player-created content
-Work and play on the same device
-More genres available (MMO, RTS, MOBA)
-Games don't take up physical space
-Updates are push faster
-Community-made bug-fixes

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have no way of hooking my PC up to my TV as they are located in different spots of the room. any HDMI cable i could use would have as much lag as streaming to my tv. furthermore while my pc can play most games in top visual settings, i am not a graphics whore and dont give a shit about graphics at all. i have my surround center hooked up to my consoles and TV and because my PC is so far away i cant hook it up to my surround center as well. furthermore i make music, videos and comics and i use most my HDD space for my projects so installing every damn fucking game even if i dont play it regularly eats up PRECIOUS space i need for my stuff and some people just cant afford to buy a new HDD every time they want one.
but thats not all: pc games are DRM riddled, something i hate. I cant buy used pc games if i want to, i cant re-sell them, i cant play console exclusives on pc, i need to upgrade my hardware regularly (so yes i LOVE to stick to the same tech for 7 or more years) and i have no way to change any of this due to the circumstances of my life. Also, i LOVE to multitask and work on both of my screens at the same time WHILE playing a game on my console. with the wii u gamepad i can even take my gaming screen whereever i want it, if i want it.

and last but not least (i am sure i could think of more reasons why i prefer consoles over pc games) the type of games i like to play are action adventures and those games are USUALLY developed with a console in mind and lateron ported to pc which results in the PC version usually being NOTHING better at all.

edit:
-Higher framerates - bullshit as its exemplary from game to game
-Shorter load times - bullshit, see above
-Unlimited backwards compatibility - bullshit, see above
-Higher quality sound - bullshit, see above
-Wider choice of peripherals - true but ultimately useless
-Open platform - so?
-Cheaper games - bullshit, see first point
-Digital distributions - are on consoles as well
-Freedom to upgrade - so?
-Freedom to not upgrade - bullshit as you cant play new games with old pc
-Multitasking - bullshit, see above
-Multi-monitor gaming - so?
-Oculus Rift - so?
-Emulators - bullshit, avilable on consoles as well
-Indie games - bullshit, available on consoles as well
-Mods/Player-created content - usually suck, also works on consoles
-Work and play on the same device - why would i even want that?
-More genres available (MMO, RTS, MOBA) - bullshit, just different genres
-Games don't take up physical space - bullshit if I buy retail
-Updates are push faster - bullshit, see first reply
-Community-made bug-fixes - i give you that one

thanks for asking and already ignoring this post like my last few thus completely ignoring all valid points against your argument while not even bothering to think of an answer to the question i already posted TWICE here.

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-Open platform - so?
-Oculus Rift - so?
-Community-made bug-fixes - i give you that one.

No, it depends on the specs of your PC. But if you run at low settings (which looks about the same as consoles), any respectable gaming PC can easily get higher framerates than a console. You really think that any current console can run a game with higher framerate that a GTX Titan rig running the same game at low settings? A GTX Titan can get 200 FPS in Skyrim maximum settings.

My Kingston 128GB SATA III SSD says otherwise. I haven't seen a loading screen in ages.

Considering that I can still run PC games from the 90s on my Windows 7 PC, it is unlimited. And for even older games, there's something called a virtual machine.

My Auzentech 5.1 dedicated sound card says otherwise.

What if I don't like the official company-approved controller?

-Open platform - so?

Move to North Korea.

I got 10 AAA titles from $90 during the Steam summer sale. 10 AAA titles would cost several hundred dollars on consoles. And console games rarely go on sale. Never had a problem with Steam's DRM. And if you don't want DRM, you could just use GoG.com instead. They offer games 100% DRM Free.

Except that it digital distribution sucks on consoles and sales almost never happen.

What if I want my games to look better or want faster load times.

Overclocking and low settings. Will still play better than consoles.

You using your system in conjunction with a PC. So you need a PC to multitask with a console. Your argument is invalid.

Superior experience.

-Oculus Rift - so?

Superior experience.

Except they run like shit. Show me a Wii emulator for PS3. And can you emulate PC games on consoles? I don't think so.

Most indie devs develop for PC.

Have you played Skyrim on a PC? Falskaar? It's a Skyrim mod with more content then the official DLC. Try getting that on a console.

You save time and money.

Most console genres are available for PC. We just get some extra genres on top of that. And we can also get any console game though emulation.

The retail box will take up space.

PC updates don't have to be approved by the console manufacture. So yes, it's faster.

In the case of inferior console ports, community-created patches usually fix that and mods will improve the game graphically. At the end of the day, EVERY game I know is superior on PCs.

And you complaining about HDD space? I though your "PC" can "max out" most games. How did you afford a high-end PC and not have enough money for an extra HDD?

Reactions: Thanatos Telos

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look out, we have a real badass on our hands.

PC is better than consoles, consoles are better than PCs. Oh dear, it seems that due to people having *gasp* differing opinions on what they like, that justifies people like you to bash and try to counter everything they try to back up.

Reactions: Thanatos Telos

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
could you list a better example?
MMOs like league of legends and Dota2 are very bad,IMO.
i can see why people play them, they are quite interesting, but not very interesting to me....

Um... yes. They are very bad MMOs because they are NOT MMOs. They're part of a genre called "MOBA" (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena).

If you want actual MMOs, try Guild Wars 2 or World of Warcraft. Both high acclaimed games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0