Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
WELCOME TO SILENT HILL NEWRY, SC
P1020129.jpg

Hey all,

Well, this past weekend me and the boys took a trip down to Newry S.C. to see the boys' mom.

Newry doesn't show up on the GPS, it's not so much a town as a village. We got down there near midnight on Friday, and going down the skinny winding roads brought forth that creepy feeling I tend to get in small towns.

By the light of day, the next morning, the town shed most of it's creepiness and became a very quant, very old community that really was quite charming. We were shown around the town that day, the highlight of which was the old cotton mill.

Now, I've been playing a lot of the Silent Hill series lately, and that mill... well... here's some pictures RIGHT HERE. Suffice it to say, I wouldn't go there at night.

We went all over the mill, all the way up to the roof, being careful not to step in holes that dropped into darkness, and watching our footing on the steps. The mill was built in the 1890's and was functional until sometime in the 1970's. The town of Newry is trying to buy the mill back from it's current owners and keep it up as a historical site.

My oldest son has been busy drawing pictures of "the haunted house" since we got back. It really was extremely cool, and so rich with that spooooky atmosphere that I'm sure it'll show up in a dream or two in the future.

Just thought I'd share, I kept the pictures pretty small, so sorry about the low resolution. If you're ever near Clemson, South Carolina, the place is WELL worth a look.

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I had the fog filter turned off... lol.

..and yeah, broken toilets... why are they soooooo spooooooooky?

The dead birds near the windows.. the drops into carnage, the fact that I was going to a small town to find my former wife, a little kid playing on a rusty swingset...

That's atmosphere!

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the area of Mississippi i'm from has a lot of old places like this. i used to love exploring old houses and warehouses when i was a kid.

btw, that pic of the light streaming in through the window is awesome! was half-life 2 shot on location there?

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cool! I love places like this.

There's a place like this in Jersey where I'd go with my friends back in High School. It was a rundown little village from the 50's that had been constructed for the mentally ill.

It was completely abandoned except for one little shack. The guy who lived there was a security guard and he'd drive around in his pickup to make sure nobody had snuck in so we used to have to hide from him.

It had it's own morgue and was creepy as hell at night. It was all closed off, but we'd sneak in at night. Broken windows and stuff everywhere. We were always too scared to go up any stairs though, because everything was so decrepit we figured the stairs would collapse.

I've got some pictures somewhere, maybe I'll upload some if I find them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes