A miserable little pile of secrets
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just finished playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn today, and wanted to discuss some parts of it. For anyone that hasn't finished the game yet, I suggest you stop reading right here, because the spoiler tag will contain a huge amount of spoilers.

Overall, I felt like DD was a good game, especially after the midway point, when the story picks up a bit and the characters become less long-winded during cutscenes. But I was really disappointed by some elements of the story, and things that were either accidentally or intentionally left out. It's clear that the game is setting itself up for a sequel (which is why I'm planning to go buy a copy, because I'd love a GS4) but it still bothers me that although they're mentioned, never in the game do you see Ivan, Mia, Felix, Jenna, Sheba, Piers, and you never get to visit Kalay, Vault, Lunpa, Bilibin, or any part of Gondowan, Lemuria, or Osenia. I find it incredibly strange that some NPCs idly discuss the political situation in Bilibin, too, but after a few hours through the game, no one ever mentions Lord McCoy again. Then, the game starts out talking about psynergy vortexes, the Mourning Moon, and how Isaac and Garet need to check out Sol Sanctum and try to find the Wise One. These things are totally forgotten about by the time you enter the Ei-Jei region. Based on the ending after the credits I'd assume these would be central to a sequel, but it drives me insane that they make it look like they're the focus of this game's story, then they switch it up. Though less significant, they did something similar by showing Nowell, Mia's other child, in a single cutscene in the game, then after that she goes off with Piers and is never seen or mentioned again.

Yes, that was a long rant-ish paragraph. Anyways, it's obvious that all the things I just mentioned are setting the stage for a fourth game, but it drives me totally crazy the way they decided to do it. I'd be even angrier if a sequel was never released, because just as this game managed to suck me back into the world of Weyard, it ended and I never saw half the people or places I wanted to. I'm assuming and hoping that the sequel at least mentions some characters I was curious about from the GBA games, like Dodonpa, Babi, Hammet, and McCoy. However, I really hope that the villains of GS4 won't be Alex and his two mysterious comrades again. Alex is one of my least favorite RPG villains for some reason, and I'm tired of chasing him around.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
For the sake of not ruining anything for anyone I'm putting my entire post in spoilers

I feel your pain, but I'm fine with the way the game was set up as long as I see a squeal in the next two years. Alex (im amazed that you don't like him) is very cunning and smart and I know he has got something very big planned...and I bet it involves the vortexes.

Speaking of which, I think they purposely forgot about the vortexes to make them seem not much of a big deal, but im willing to bet that another mourning moon will begin to happen in the fourth.

Not about not seeing a lot of the GBA characters...I'm not to upset (once again only if a squeal is out in two years max). At least they at least gave their whereabouts and what they are up to. I just wanna see what they look like to be honest...pass that I don't care. Now who I really wanna see, given the details in his encyclopedia entry, is Felix and I'd also like to see Piers cause he is on of my favorite characters and I like the fact he is Lemurian.

I think GS:DD is...."jumbled up and scrambled" the way it is only to set up the possible next game and to confuse us fans.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I think golden sun IV will be on a console game as well, if it was that would be nice.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was very happy with Dark Dawn and I think you have some good issues about it but they still were not big enough that you did not enjoy the game. I too wish I could have seen more of the GBA characters but that is fine as long as they are in the fourth game. This may be the only game I have ever replayed to get a 100% save for on the DS, too bad I forgot how much dialogue takes place in the beginning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-