OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure where to start with this, but I shall try my best to explain, because I softmodded my Wii months ago.

I'll go with what I do have:
- PriiLoader and a modded, updated version that was released after are installed.
- There was another piece of software I installed prior to softmodding which helps circumvent any bricking.
- HBC is installed fine.
- WAD manager works too.
- I'm currently only using SoftChip to run backups as it's the only one that will work.
- There's also a WiiKey V.1 installed from way back when.
- I think I'm running cIOS 19; it has been a while as stated.

The problem is that some applications that are praised highly, like NeoGamma and CFG USB Loader, are not working at all. They hang on the startup, displaying the splash screens, but then they hang and the controller unsyncs; it's highly frustrating.

I've searched Google a few times over the past months and there's been handy bits of information and a few solutions using workarounds like the Trucha Bug Restorer, but nothing has ever worked for me. With a certain new release that has just come out, I really want this problem out of the way so I can enjoy a few games.

I'm here for the next few hours if anyone is willing to give me a hand.

Xbox360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kimikal27 said:
so do u use usb or dvds to run backups?

At the moment I've only used SoftChip, as it is the only one that has worked for me, which runs disc based backups. Right now I've tried to install, or at least run CFG USB Loader but like NeoGamma (both from HBC and from an installed channel) it just crashes on startup and the controller turns off.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what u are trying to use are usb loaders, and those need something connected in the usb port to work, any way, they should not crash, there should be a timer waiting for u to connect you pen or hdd...

but try this, with the wii standing up, power button on the upper part and the ports looking your way, insert a usb pen or hdd on the usb port on the right (it as to be that one specifically) and then use one of those usb loader, it should ask u to format it, if it does it's cuz it works...

Xbox360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried your advice by plugging in the USB plug form the external HDD and the program still crashes, as does the remote.

Still, if this did work, it wouldn't explain why the likes of NeoGamma crash too. Thanks though, any other ideas?

Xbox360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Update: I used MMM (Multi-Mod Manager) to uninstall the stubbed IOSs but IOS 222, 223 and 249 caused errors when removing and therefore are still intact. Any help on this?

EDIT: NeoGamma and CFG USB Loader are still crashing.

Xbox360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right, here's the steps that I've taken to resolve this using various pieces of information from the internet:

- Installed IOS36 (r3351) w/FakeSign using DOP-MII
- Tried to install Waninkoko's cIOS 38r17 to IOS249 from a network install, crashed before it could start.
- Installed it to IOS36 and it returned "INSTALL ERROR! (ret = -1035)" when installing the custom IOS.

Xbox360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happened again. All the patches and such worked but when it comes to installing the Custom IOS it returns "INSTALL ERROR! (ret = -1035)".

This is very frustrating, but I've come to far haha.

Xbox360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I gave up and installed DARKCORPS or whatever it is called and it fixed everything for me, which I'm pretty amazed by.

Unfortunately when I go to play Mario Galaxy 2 from the dashboard it says I have to update my system. Any way around this? I know that 4.3E is safe now, well, as far as I know, but I don't want to have to go through any more hassle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    wow that didn't work lol
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    tried to paste a pic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop getting your creamy paste all over
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    DO NOT WORK FOR ME :(
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think he has a wedgie, and is afraid to fix it in public.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else he caught one of those Florida STD's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://wingmusic.co.nz/cd20.html