Hacking My R4 just came but I'm having problems...

~*NarutoForever*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what my problem is? I don't even know if it's my R4's fault or the MicroSd's fault. I'll give out my email just in case:

[email protected]

Please help me...I'm really frustrated...and it's probably because of my lack of knowledge ;_;

EDIT:

QUOTE said:
http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/
search it in this page. i can't give you a direct link sorry, because yasu dont want this.
Yes, that's the site I got. But I don't know which file to download and I don't even know how to patch it or anything (DarkRey's given link says something about patching...)

Can anyone explain...?

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you bought a r4, thats your first problem.
its a fake one, thats your second problem.
your third problem is you are using a SDHC micro sd (which all of them are), your r4 does not support SDHC cards.

- Supports up to 4GB Transflash/MicroSD (non-SDHC)

~*NarutoForever*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
you have a 4gb microsd which wont work on the original r4ds
try a 2gb or 1gb

you have an official r4ds
So that was all it was? It was the microsd's fault??? D: Okay, thank you for clearing that out for me!!! I know I was a pain in the butt but thank you so much for having so much patience xDDD

I guess I'll just ask Dealextreme to trade my 4gb for a 2gb...if that's possible. But, I still have a question. What is YsMenu for anyway???

~*NarutoForever*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. What do you guys suggest I do, though? Should I just get my money back for the microsd or should I get another R4 or...? What are your opinions?
yay.gif

QUOTE said:
It's a custom firmware that has much better game (and cheat database) compatibility than the 'official' R4 firmware.
Ooooh, okay now I get it! I didn't understand what it was, thanks ^^

QUOTEright. as official as all those fakes for about one year now.
But, do the fake ones still work like the real ones? what's the difference??

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
~*NarutoForever*~ said:
Okay. What do you guys suggest I do, though? Should I just get my money back for the microsd or should I get another R4 or...? What are your opinions?
yay.gif

i wouldn't suggest to get another r4 because r4ds is dead, its production has stopped and no firmware updates and most of the r4 out on the market are clones

buy a different cart like cyclo evolution, m3real (these 2 are my favourite, have regular updates, 100% roms and homebrew compatibility, sdhc support) and use that 4gb in those flashcards

~*NarutoForever*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
i wouldn't suggest to get another r4 because r4ds is dead, its production has stopped and no firmware updates and most of the r4 out on the market are clones

buy a different cart like cyclo evolution, m3real (these 2 are my favourite, have regular updates, 100% roms and homebrew compatibility, sdhc support) and use that 4gb in those flashcards
Hmm, so what do I do with my R4 then? :

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.