My ps4 DVD and blu ray don't read discs

joe123456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
My ps4 is region 2 and in the past, it was able to run DVD movies in the same region 2 and of course games but now after I formatted it a couple of times it can only read games the ps4 is 1000 the first model.
what should I do?

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You need to connect to PSN in order to activate mpeg-2/4 playback. If your console is jailbroken you can also just tick the aforementioned options in the debug settings for the same result.

joe123456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
You need to connect to PSN in order to activate mpeg-2/4 playback. If your console is jailbroken you can also just tick the aforementioned options in the debug settings for the same result.
I don't have a jailbroken system and i did connect to psn didn't work i even tried switching country in the parentel control but it didn't work

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Do you, by chance, have a DVD with no zone restrictions? Most concerts are zone-free, for example.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've come across a PS4 that didn't play discs either, guess the Blu-ray Reader was faulty.

Still usable as a "digital" console.

OpiumSmoke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One time there was a sticker on a ps4 blu ray drive a friend was working on (borrowed a redbox disc or something and got stuck) we need to isolate if its internal or not.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One time there was a sticker on a ps4 blu ray drive a friend was working on (borrowed a redbox disc or something and got stuck) we need to isolate if its internal or not.
iirc, there's a way to open the disc tray by removing one of the feet of the device. I've never done it though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill