1. Akumatose

OP Akumatose Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    I have a Slim 320GB PS3 and the XMB and other programs have been running very slowly and with very long load times since I jailbroke it, It wasn't much of an issue ever since I mostly played Call of Duty games on it and it wasn't really noticeable there, but today I tried playing Project DIVA F, and it was awful: the music muted randomly, it didn't detect my inputs at all sometimes and I couldn't even clear the song I was trying. I'm currently running CFW Rebug 4.84.2 D-REX (which I think it may be causing some issues, since I think it's destined for Cobra), but I'm thinking about downgrading to 3.55 to see if it fixes anything. I've also tried rebuilding database and filesystem from the recovery settings but it hasn't done anything either.

Has anyone encountered this issue too? And what can I do to fix it?

2. sensukey

sensukey Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    omg me too pls help

3. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    How old is the HDD? Have you considered swapping it out with another one?

4. xoINARIox

xoINARIox Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    I had the same problem a few years ago and solved it with a factory reset + re-installation of the CFW.

Aew4life likes this.
  5. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Give it a fresh start, factory reset, format HDD reinstall everything from scratch

Aew4life likes this.
  6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    factory reset is unlikely to fix anything. if it's a NOR system, the xregistry (system settings) is on the hdd, so if it's running slow, it's probably the hard drive itself. you could try restoring the file system (forgot what it's called in the recovery menu). this will fix errors, but if it's the hard drive, it probably won't help.

Aew4life and zfreeman like this.
  7. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sounds like A hard drive issue if u have one laying around* just try it and see if it runs faster

Last edited by Shalashaska98, Aug 31, 2020
    Aew4life likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ridicoulously, jailbroke, running