PCSX2 HD texture pack group

My PS2 Packs

Bl4ckH4nd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Wow nice. It really looks very clear and nice I would love it. Can it be used on duck station? Since I use steam deck. Have you tried also the battle textures?
Sadly the packs only work on Beetle PSW (HW) in Retroarch. Duckstation doesn't dump textures properly.

I'll do a quick test on the battle textures later and send some screenshots

dalmatian666

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm pretty damn certain you can run retroarch and its cores on a steamdeck, since most of the apis available in it arent direct x based. hell, whenever i use retroarch i usually always use vulkan, an api i know works with linux/wine so you should be good

Reactions: CloudLionHeart

CloudLionHeart

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tried to make it work in the past with many HD packs with no success.... If you find a guide please share it with me on a pm. Thank you.

Bl4ckH4nd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Wow nice. It really looks very clear and nice I would love it. Can it be used on duck station? Since I use steam deck. Have you tried also the battle textures?

Attachments

• Wild Arms (USA)-240919-154908.png
    Wild Arms (USA)-240919-154908.png
    722.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Wild Arms (USA)-240919-154928.png
    Wild Arms (USA)-240919-154928.png
    927.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: CloudLionHeart

dalmatian666

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I dumped the second one for Blackhand last week so should be in the final touches to finishing that. Contracts I havent started on yet, might do it next week. Want to see how Silent Assassin turns out first before i invest any energy into that.

dorkasaurusrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll look into that, I don't know if any recent changes to PCSX2 messed with something in the pack because when I tested it, tthat didn't happen.

I'll run it again with a few different settings and see if I can find the problem :)

Thank you! Just seemed a bit "off" to me and thought I'd alert you to it, it's not exactly a super common game, and to me the difference in texture quality is noticeable enough to be pretty stark. Including a few more screenshots here on the off chance it helps 🤷

And thank you again, games like these are why the PS2 is such a unique and fondly remembered console to begin with 🙏

The textures of the first level in Rena's room are unmistakeably a LOT sharper:
Mister Mosquito_SLUS-20375_20240908233714.png
Yamada family member faces, WAY sharper and more detailed:
Mister Mosquito_SLUS-20375_20240908233735.png
Bit of an odd angle but you can certainly tell a stark difference between her blocky PS2 undetailed foot and leg/body vs her face off in the distance.
Mister Mosquito_SLUS-20375_20240908234019.png

ironhulk33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added:
24 The Game
Headhunter
Jak The Final Frontier
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
The Getaway: Black Monday

Thank you @dalmation666 for dumping the textures.

I haven't had time to test these, so please let me know if there are any issues.

I should have the Silent Hill pack done in the next day or two, just know that due to how the game dumps textures, it's probably going be around 15 to 20gb.....
i have entered sacred ground.

loveShmups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Bl4ckH4nd !
Thanks again for all your Texture packs : pretty impressive !!!
I've downloaded Initial D Special Stage.7z pack and I'm lost. I know the usual Game ID with inside the folder "replacements".
But here, I have , inside the archive, 1 folder and another archive :
* 1 folder "SLPM-65268"
and
* another archive , "SLPM-65268.7z", with inside 2 folders : "replacements" and "dumps".
What is the correct texture pack to use ,here ??? folder "SLPM-65268" or... "SLPM-65268.7z" ?? :unsure:

Last edited by loveShmups,

Zyute

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked the same thing to him and he told me to use the folder instead of the zip as its the same thing just left behind by mistake. Hope this helps you loveshmups :grog:.

Reactions: loveShmups

dalmatian666

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
From what ive seen in the past week i think Blackhand has forgetten to delete the dumps from the folder when he has uploaded the upscales also. The replacements work fine from what ive tested, apart from Cold Winter which i have been figuring out a solution to which is still in progress. Upscale looks good, but when youre moving around random polygons around where you are have shadow texture bugs on them, which change to different ones every few seconds while your moving. Does not happen with the replacements turned off but turning widescreen patches off, running at native res, turning mipmapping on/off, FXAA on/off, changing the blending accuracy all havent seemed to have made any difference. so i dunno how to solve it yet

Group statistics

Group owner:
relauby
Members:
Threads:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum