My old CFW N3DS wont boot up with SD card (but does without it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

llimar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you had two readers fail in such a short time I'd have the 3DS board checked over by someone, basically the only common thing left is something on the 3DS itself is faulty in a way that causes those readers to fail, too. There's basically no chance it's either the CFW or your SD cards being to blame here.
the first time i changed it was because the reader was overused and pins were bad, this is fresh new so i don't really know what to do

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its said on the title its an old 3DS with cfw.
Do you have a "New" series 3DS or just a regular 3DS? You are confusing people with your wording..
The new replacement sd card reader you bought is meant for your system (N3DS?), otherwise i doubt it will work.

Reactions: Sypherone

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the first time i changed it was because the reader was overused and pins were bad, this is fresh new so i don't really know what to do
If you have the funds you could try getting another one, if it's a cheap third party one it might have broken already from what little use you put it through.
Do you have a "New" series 3DS or just a regular 3DS? You are confusing people with your wording..
The new replacement sd card reader you bought is meant for your system (N3DS?), otherwise i doubt it will work.
It's a regular old one according to the PCB shot from a previous post. Reverse image search doesn't show any hits so I'm assuming it's his photo.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a regular old one according to the PCB shot from a previous post. Reverse image search doesn't show any hits so I'm assuming it's his photo.
What? The pcb can't be swapped with one from a regular 3ds system, if you have a new 3ds.
Most likely you just didn't know the difference between the two systems, that's why you made a mistake in the title of this thread..

llimar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
guys i really think is a software problem, i could try formatting the nintendo or does someone has any advice?

llimar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What? The pcb can't be swapped with one from a regular 3ds system, if you have a new 3ds.
Most likely you just didn't know the difference between the two systems, that's why you made a mistake in the title of this thread..
yeah i didnt know N stands for "new" i thought i was Nintendo, my bad.

icebear21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I have the same problem. This is exactly my problem. I decided to install the CFW on my N3ds XL last Monday and everything is good. Im on 11.16 btw. but today I opened my N3ds xl to change the analog stick after I put it back everything and I turned on I noticed it just stuck on blackscreen although there is a blue light. I left more than 20mins and it still in blackscreen with blue light.
I removed my SD card and it works perfectly fine. I tried different microsd they are all in Fat32 format but none of them work. SO IN SHORT - MY N3DS XL ONLY WORKS WITHOUT SD CARD. Please help :( Did I brick my N3ds Sd card slot? or is this a bug on 11.16?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem. This is exactly my problem. I decided to install the CFW on my N3ds XL last Monday and everything is good. Im on 11.16 btw. but today I opened my N3ds xl to change the analog stick after I put it back everything and I turned on I noticed it just stuck on blackscreen although there is a blue light. I left more than 20mins and it still in blackscreen with blue light.
I removed my SD card and it works perfectly fine. I tried different microsd they are all in Fat32 format but none of them work. SO IN SHORT - MY N3DS XL ONLY WORKS WITHOUT SD CARD. Please help :( Did I brick my N3ds Sd card slot? or is this a bug on 11.16?
If you have nothing of importance in your sd card, format it as FAT32 32kb clusters and put Luma3DS on the root of the sdcard and try again.
See if you can access either GodMode9 or Luma3DS Menu, by holding either "start" or "select" on boot. Though you'd need to copy GM9 to sd:/Luma/Payloads.
You might need to check the sd card for errors with h2testw if doing the above fails..

icebear21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I already tried 4 different microSD ( Fat32 32kB cluster ) 2 are with latest luma3ds and the other 2 are blank but again none of them work :(

I can only access GodMode9 and luma3ds IF I did not insert SD CARD :(

IM 100% my microSD are working and no issues at all. My computer and read fast and my friend tried my SDCARD on his 3ds and it works fine

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is little to no chance that its a software problem or bug. So at last it seems you broke the cardreader somehow, sorry. It may replaced. In worst case a electric component is damaged through electric charge by touching it.

EDIT:
You may try discharging the system (battery trick), to get rid of faulty saved information. Unplug the power adapter, the battery and SDcard. Press/hold the power button about 30+ sec. Then press the power button again multiple times. Leave it a long time lay like that, so it can discharge completly.
Then insert only the battery and try to boot again without and with SDCard.

Last edited by Sypherone,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you by any chance remove the sdcard reader when you disassembled your system, when you tried to replace the left thumb stick?
If so, the ribbon cable could be loose, make sure the contacts are all the way in & it's secured tight.

Reactions: Sypherone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto