3ds wont boot anymore it just shows a error

Subzero100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow my sd card got corrupted, and now my 3ds wont boot even without the card. The only thing that works is luma, and god mode which i cant do anything with now. I have no idea how this happened, but windows wont even recognize it, and is telling me to format the card. So im trying to see if this one program will recover anything, because right now i cant do anything.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So im trying to see if this one program will recover anything
This sentence is unclear. Did you already have a program in mind..? People have had good results with testdisk or Easeus in the past, as per https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/96kg4v/my_3ds_sd_got_corrupted_and_i_successfully/ .

Also, are you saying that without an SD card you can still access Luma and Godmode9, but your unit does not boot? That is very weird. Normally if a 3DS doesn't boot without an SD card it's because Luma was never installed to the NAND.

In any case, the first thing to do would be to start over with a fresh SD card and https://3ds.guide/restoring-updating-cfw .

Subzero100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I already used easeus recovery, and for some reason when something happened to the SD card the system wouldnt boot without it.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow my sd card got corrupted, and now my 3ds wont boot even without the card. The only thing that works is luma, and god mode which i cant do anything with now. I have no idea how this happened, but windows wont even recognize it, and is telling me to format the card. So im trying to see if this one program will recover anything, because right now i cant do anything.
You can try data recovery but there is a chance the data may be gone and the SD may also be dying. But luckily the system is still fine your games will just be gone.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I already used easeus recovery
If that didn't turn up anything, someone else was suggesting Recuva recently.[/quote]

and for some reason when something happened to the SD card the system wouldnt boot without it.
Well, I already said what to do:
In any case, the first thing to do would be to start over with a fresh SD card and https://3ds.guide/restoring-updating-cfw .

Also, you still haven't said anything about what error you're getting.

But luckily the system is still fine
If it's not booting even without the card, how is it "fine"!?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i got it to boot again, but i had to format the card.
I don't advise using it before testing it to make sure it's ok to use to prevent this from happening again. To do that backup your data somewhere safe, empty the sdcard and run h2testw with the read and verify setting, it'll tell you if it's ok to use. Otherwise, you need to get a new one (and doing the same thing to it before filling it with your data).
Also if you have an old 3ds model be wary of sd card adapters, when they get faulty they prevent the micro sd from being read..

Reactions: Kwyjor and BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto